More devilsaur skins on raptor mounts

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Re: More devilsaur skins on raptor mounts

Unread post by Meggers »

Xakaal wrote:Personally i would love to see TCG items appear with alternative acquiring methods since everyone who gets the rewards via TCG are either extremely lucky or have the cash to do so which (the whole 'i has a crapton of money ima spend on ebay or craigslist for a redemption code') isnt much fair to the players, blizz just does that to make more money off the TCG system.

I certainly dont have the money to buy a single packet of WoW cards let alone a dozen+ or search the web for someone selling the redemption code which will ensure i get it right there and then. Take the hippogryph hatchling for example. Theres a TCG of it and then theres a store version. They are identical yet i heard no uproar over it, irregardless of the fact the proceeds when it was released were going to help Japan during the earthquake/tsunami incident.

I scraped and saved my ass off for a damn long time to afford the only TCG mount I have. I bought it IN GAME with GOLD. You don't have to crap irl $$ out on the TCG items.
ImageImage
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

If you ask me, TCG stuff should be semi-unique. As in, you should be able to get something similar in game. Similar, but not identical, and IMHO the brown primal raptor is a bit too close to TCG's savage raptor.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Meggers wrote:
Xakaal wrote:Personally i would love to see TCG items appear with alternative acquiring methods since everyone who gets the rewards via TCG are either extremely lucky or have the cash to do so which (the whole 'i has a crapton of money ima spend on ebay or craigslist for a redemption code') isnt much fair to the players, blizz just does that to make more money off the TCG system.

I certainly dont have the money to buy a single packet of WoW cards let alone a dozen+ or search the web for someone selling the redemption code which will ensure i get it right there and then. Take the hippogryph hatchling for example. Theres a TCG of it and then theres a store version. They are identical yet i heard no uproar over it, irregardless of the fact the proceeds when it was released were going to help Japan during the earthquake/tsunami incident.
I scraped and saved my ass off for a damn long time to afford the only TCG mount I have. I bought it IN GAME with GOLD. You don't have to crap irl $$ out on the TCG items.
Same Meggers, Though I have purchased (with money) a couple of TCG mounts over the years, last year when they implemented being able to purchase them from the AH, I spent some very, very hard earned gold on my next one.... oh and Ironicly it was the savage raptor :|

I will be a little dissapointed if I spent 80k+ gold on a mount, that with time and persistance I have farmed in game... :?
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Meggers wrote:
Gold goes farther then it used to now though :/ i have grand expedition yak, half a dozen mounts minimum i bought within a month for thousands of gold each, mechano-hog, sandstone drake which i hand farmed the mats and gold for (drake in cata and hog was just like a week before i quit the game), enchants and gems worth hundred a piece in one sitting, and i still had like 18k on the server with my only lvl 90 character having professions still lingering in the TBC skill range when i quit WoW back in just this past december. I commend you on your tenacity and intent to get the mount you have now, but with how gold has exploded in both Cata and Mists, theres just not much impact anymore in personal experiences.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Xakaal wrote:
Meggers wrote:
Gold goes farther then it used to now though :/ i have grand expedition yak, half a dozen mounts minimum i bought within a month for thousands of gold each, mechano-hog, sandstone drake which i hand farmed the mats and gold for (drake in cata and hog was just like a week before i quit the game), enchants and gems worth hundred a piece in one sitting, and i still had like 18k on the server with my only lvl 90 character having professions still lingering in the TBC skill range when i quit WoW back in just this past december. I commend you on your tenacity and intent to get the mount you have now, but with how gold has exploded in both Cata and Mists, theres just not much impact anymore in personal experiences.

True, gold is some what easier to come by, but then the inflation is all around from my experiences.

Thank goodness it is not as bad as it was, but if you raided from the begining of MOP and your guild and yourself took it quite seriously, the mats involed where mind boggling expensive.

As you gained alot of new gear quickly, gems and enchants where fast and furious with thier replacement (yes we could of just held off, but like I said, the guild took raiding fairly seriously and so did I, every little bit helped.)
Meta gems being $1500 minimum, Leg enchants, and the likes were crazy! Gems as well, though they eased of faster than the rest. And flasks and pots, Flasks that only last an hour now (No guild Cauldrons or perks) where 200g on a good day, and we would go through 3-4 easily in a night. 20 Stacks of Virmen pots about 200-250 at the start also and we would eat about 2-3 stacks of them.... Raid 2-3nights a week, Thats about 1.5k gold just in consumables, then there is food... blah blah blah.

Thats where I found I lost most of much gold ironiclally, but now the costs are coming down I should be able to save a little eaiser.

­
­
­
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Gold can vary for me.. the main thing that actually makes me gold is minis.. But then again I have herb/eng.. eng sucks to make gold was thinking about switching to inscription but prices for decks will go down.

But still I dont think they should use it. Mini pets I can understand a bit, but not mounts. Not when they cost so much more..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Spiritbinder wrote:Thats where I found I lost most of much gold ironiclally, but now the costs are coming down I should be able to save a little eaiser.
So that's what you do with all the money I keep paying you to be my friend.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Wain wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:Thats where I found I lost most of much gold ironiclally, but now the costs are coming down I should be able to save a little eaiser.
So that's what you do with all the money I keep paying you to be my friend.
omg you were paying SB too??

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Awwww Crapsticks!?!?! :o

My delicately weaved "Cohorts 4 Cash" gig is up!?!.... Just when I was gonna bank roll a new bussniess "Gold for Girlies" and go global! ;)

­
­
­
Clypsazul
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Clypsazul »

Junrei wrote: Thiiiiis! I want Alliance to have some raptors!

While you're at it, Blizz, give the horde some actual real looking horses like the alliance have! D:
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Clypsazul wrote:
Junrei wrote: Thiiiiis! I want Alliance to have some raptors!

While you're at it, Blizz, give the horde some actual real looking horses like the alliance have! D:
And give the Alliance some wolves. Don't care if you call it a Gilnean Barghest, I just want all models to be shared.
Clypsazul
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Clypsazul »

That would be nice, too.
Though, I really do like how they have the mounts account-wide now.
I don't have to reach exalted with stormwind to ride around on a pony on my night elf.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Guess I am the odd man out when I say I like the fact that the different factions have their own mounts, its part of what helps define them. While the occasional rare oddity like the panther and raptor mount, or the grindy one is fine I really prefer they leave us to our own.If you sreiously wnat a wolf or raptor so bad level a horde. I absolutley looooooove horses, I have raised and trained them but I do not expect nor want blizzard to give me all the ponies because I chose a faction that doesn't utalize them except in an undead form. Anyways to each their own, and I will be ok watching longingly as some one rides by on their beautiful kitty. :D

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Syleye wrote:Guess I am the odd man out when I say I like the fact that the different factions have their own mounts, its part of what helps define them. While the occasional rare oddity like the panther and raptor mount, or the grindy one is fine I really prefer they leave us to our own.If you sreiously wnat a wolf or raptor so bad level a horde. I absolutley looooooove horses, I have raised and trained them but I do not expect nor want blizzard to give me all the ponies because I chose a faction that doesn't utalize them except in an undead form. Anyways to each their own, and I will be ok watching longingly as some one rides by on their beautiful kitty. :D
I agree with this mostly. It's good to have the faction differentiation. But I like that there is at least one hard-to-get version of each for the other faction to obtain. As long as it's restricted to one or two rares then it remains a cool novelty. We already have a sabre, ram and horse (albeit an armoured one, not a regular pony) available to Horde, and a raptor, kodo, skeletal horse and hawkstrider available to Alliance. My main is Alliance but I would love for an elekk and a mechastrider to be available to Horde in the future, if the right situations arose.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Syleye wrote:Guess I am the odd man out when I say I like the fact that the different factions have their own mounts, its part of what helps define them. While the occasional rare oddity like the panther and raptor mount, or the grindy one is fine I really prefer they leave us to our own.If you sreiously wnat a wolf or raptor so bad level a horde. I absolutley looooooove horses, I have raised and trained them but I do not expect nor want blizzard to give me all the ponies because I chose a faction that doesn't utalize them except in an undead form. Anyways to each their own, and I will be ok watching longingly as some one rides by on their beautiful kitty. :D
Thiiiiiiis. I like having the odd mount available to the other faction but I still like the fact that there are racial mounts. One day I'll level an Alliance for those purdy sabers. :D

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

To the person who was looking for other ways to get the tcg mounts; I've seen them show up on the BMAH too every blue moon or so. The only downside is that honestly, they're usually more expensive there than the regular AH buyout.

Your mileage may vary!

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket