Isle of Giants screenshots [Image Heavy]

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Isle of Giants screenshots [Image Heavy]

Unread post by Zhinru »

Equeon wrote:3. It's missing something.
You know what it's missing? Sauropods. Even they were untameable, huge roadblocks that need like a raid group to down for no real gain, they would fill the scenery with one of the last elements of stereotypical dinoland.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Zhinru wrote:
You know what it's missing? Sauropods. Even they were untameable, huge roadblocks that need like a raid group to down for no real gain, they would fill the scenery with one of the last elements of stereotypical dinoland.
yes I concur, we need DIRE NECKS!
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

I hope they make some background music for this zone that sounds oddly close to the Jurassic Park theme tune. :lol:

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Zhinru wrote:
Ooh, I love this idea!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

What if the next expansion some crazy wizard ressed Zulzandalar and found it is safe in a bubble and in there we find Sauropods? yes please, next expansion, zandalar and nazjatar ressed!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually, having just finally visited the Isle, I feel it's beautiful, but that it's missing something as well.

My feeling is simply this: I think it's WAY too small. So instead of a place to explore, the isle is set out in front of you all neatly and almost entirely visible at once, with different coloured dinos on different tiers. More like a display, or a menagerie. The size of the largest devilsaurs only serves to make the island feel even tinier.

My feeling is that the entire thing needs to be several times bigger. Just take the current terrain and stretch it in three dimensions. Add some thicker vegetation and jungle areas to some parts. Conceal some of it and allow for surprises. More like the island out of King Kong and less like a theme park. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

From what I see, it seems like it's the remains of what was once a plateau paradise, but then something happened that caused it to sink.
Iunno. <__>

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Wain wrote:Actually, having just finally visited the Isle, I feel it's beautiful, but that it's missing something as well.

My feeling is simply this: I think it's WAY too small. So instead of a place to explore, the isle is set out in front of you all neatly and almost entirely visible at once, with different coloured dinos on different tiers. More like a display, or a menagerie. The size of the largest devilsaurs only serves to make the island feel even tinier.

My feeling is that the entire thing needs to be several times bigger. Just take the current terrain and stretch it in three dimensions. Add some thicker vegetation and jungle areas to some parts. Conceal some of it and allow for surprises. More like the island out of King Kong and less like a theme park. :)
For that matter even Ungoro feels that way at times, and the problem here is worse. So are the Rexes feeding on the Tris? Doesn't seem there's much other food around, at least until we get there....
Account has been closed at user's request.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Wain wrote:Actually, having just finally visited the Isle, I feel it's beautiful, but that it's missing something as well.

What IF... the island IS a menagerie? A "jurassic park" made by the Zandalari by taking all the "dinomanced" behemoths and placing them within a closely controlled environment, so they can be quickly "harvested" for war? Then we could one day go to the source of all of those dinos which apart from being a regular levelling zone, would have the dinos in a more natural environment.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Slickrock wrote:For that matter even Ungoro feels that way at times, and the problem here is worse. So are the Rexes feeding on the Tris? Doesn't seem there's much other food around, at least until we get there....
Eh, it's not that bad. While there are rather large concentrations of diemetradons in places, this is more for gameplay/questing reasons than aesthetics. The Devilsaurs in Un'Goro have the entire zone to patrol, while these guys just pat back and forth.

I think the entire approach of the island would be greatly improved if:

1.) There was an introductory questline, and you couldn't fly on the island until it was completed.
2.) Like others have said, make the island bigger and add thick vegetation!
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Or just some lore explaining the density... Please no quest lines though... Blizz will make it on of those 12 step ones that take 6 weeks if you play everyday, like the current 5.1 one.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Slickrock wrote:Or just some lore explaining the density... Please no quest lines though... Blizz will make it on of those 12 step ones that take 6 weeks if you play everyday, like the current 5.1 one.
Nah, not a new faction... just a "look at this sweet island! go check out this jungle!"