Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: GW2 Screenshots Thread [Img Heavy]

Unread post by Lisaara »

Serendipity82 wrote:Charr eyes totally glow in the dark:
gw136.jpg

Oh damn...I dont wanna see that in a dark alley somewhere.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Nala and her new wolf friend, Angel.

There are three goofballs pretending to be Sylvari (two charr, one asura), can you find them? :P

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't think I'll ever get tired of the alpine mountain regions. I've been venturing through them for over 40 levels and the scenery still takes my breath away.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm 100% with Veph - this game is awesome! I'm only level five and it has already exceeded my expectations. It seems like there's just SO MUCH that they've thought of to make it a truly compelling game. It has completely stolen my attention. :) This could easily be a subscription-based game, but it's free. That's what makes it even more amazing. WoW hasn't held any appeal to me for a long time, but all these other MMOs that came out just weren't quite what I was looking for, either. Well, I think this one is finally the one that I'll be calling home. Even my old guildies from WoW migrated to GW2, so it gives it even more of that home feel. Maybe the shininess will wear off in a while and I won't be so giddy about it, but for now I'm definitely into it.

I will say that I think the Norn people make the best rangers. I could be wrong, but it looks like armor changes appearance based on which race is wearing it? If that's the case, the Norn ranger gear looks amazing. It's got furs and coats and boots and stuff, it's just...everything I imagine a ranger wearing. LOVE IT! Unfortunately, I couldn't quite get into my ranger just yet because I wasn't totally in love with how I made her look. That, and I kept feeling myself pulled to the Charr race and the warrior class. I've had a ton of warriors in WoW named Daema, that's like "my" name for warriors, so I now have a new Daema!

By the way, does anyone know whether Steelrend is an acceptable surname? I know they typically do stuff like "claw" or "tooth" or "paw" or whatever, but when they do use verbs, they end in -er. For example, Soulstealer or Bladekeeper or whatever. I just thought that "Steelrender" sounded a bit odd. I did see one surname on a website, Ironstrike, that did not have that typical -er thing going on. Sooo, I'm hoping my name is okay? : / I've already re-made this character several times trying to get everything just right. :lol: (Edit: I hit up a name generator right after I posted this just to see what kinds of stuff it came up with, and I kid you not, "Dextarr Faithrend" was like, the third one! Yay! :lol:)

ANYWAY! Here is Daema Steelrend! As I've said, I'm only level five so I don't have any super-pretty screen shots yet. The first one is just me running (which I think is so cool and I never get tired of it), whereas the second one is just to kind of show how you can customize your character beyond just choosing a face. The NPC on the left, Euryale, has the face I picked but with the default features. On mine, I tweaked a few things to get a rather different look. I know I'm just biased, but I like my version better. XD

Attachments
Daema and Euryale.jpg
Daema and Euryale.jpg (617.56 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema Running.jpg
Daema Running.jpg (510.58 KiB) Viewed 3542 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Charr last names are actually derived from their warband name. :) Further explanation can be found here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr
Their wiki page is well worth the read, as well. Their culture is fascinating.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yar, hence the reason for one of my character re-creations. I mistakenly thought that a Legion = warband, but evidently a Legion is made up of many warbands. Several of the NPCs in my warrior's warband in my story so far have had a surname starting with "Steel" (Steelbane, Steelrage, etc.), so from that I deduced that we're in the Steel warband. Before, I thought that the Blood Legion was my warband, so I made her surname Bloodrend the first time. Turns out I was wrong. :lol:

The main thing I was wondering about was the second half of the surname. Most of the ones I saw that used a verb rather than a noun ended in -er, so I didn't know if I should be Steelrender instead of Steelrend. But Steelrender just sounded goofy to me, so I went with Steelrend because I liked it.

Edit: Looks like they also sometimes use the warband's name as the suffix. So, I could have done something like...I dunno, Sharpsteel for the Steel warband. Meh, oh well, I still like Steelrend. :)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel

Glad you're enjoying it Rhyela! I'm right there with you, everything you said happened to me as well. I fell completely in love with the game. :hug: I've got a thread here with contact names if you want to add people from the forum, or list yourself. :) http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 40&t=18766

Aaand more random screenies so I don't feel too off-topic. :lol:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The more and more I see of the Charr the less and less I like the design of them XD I was kind of planing to be one but I think I'll be a Norn even though I always find humans in fantasy rpgs to be really "meh" at best but I think the whole being a "were" animal thing makes them cool XD
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I *love* my charr, but to each their own. :) For me the charr are everything the worgen should have been in WoW. But I also enjoy all the other races I've been playing. My sylvari thief has been a blast. xD

[/center]
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Ok. I run through the Norn area and I actually feel very cold XD Which isn't fun. I hate being cold!

I like my Sylvari and Asura both, Charr are the most fun to me. Not sure why, but I loves them.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I *love* my charr, but to each their own. :) For me the charr are everything the worgen should have been in WoW. But I also enjoy all the other races I've been playing. My sylvari thief has been a blast. xD
^THIS, times about a million!!! In fact, it's exactly what I said to my husband and co-worker. They're like the non-ugly, non-inbred-chihuahua that the female worgen could have and should have been (in my personal opinion, I am aware many people love the female worgen). In fact, some of the physiques you can choose from are outright beefy, more so than the one I went with. That seems much more appropriate than a stick-thin bulgy-eyed thing with massive breasts. :lol: (Can you tell I seriously hate the female worgen?)

Sorry, not trying to turn this into a worgen bash-fest. I just really really REALLY like the Charr. ^_^

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Apologizing ahead of time for the picture spam!

First some scenery (though not as pretty as screen shots others have taken :().....

Cute little Charr cubs! :3

Some of these vistas are a little tough to get to.....

(See my little blob of red armor waaaaay up near the very top?)

I believe this is the Norn ranger I'm going to stick with, named Sofjanna (sohf-YAH-nuh). The coat and boots are just outright epic! Loooove the Norn armor!

Attachments
Sofjanna in Awesome Ranger Coat.jpg
Sofjanna in Awesome Ranger Coat.jpg (518.34 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema Way Up Top.jpg
Daema Way Up Top.jpg (691.28 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema Nine Lives Prize.jpg
Daema Nine Lives Prize.jpg (595.59 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema Nine Lives.jpg
Daema Nine Lives.jpg (668.76 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema and Cubs!.jpg
Daema and Cubs!.jpg (571.77 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema Looking at Orb Thingy.jpg
Daema Looking at Orb Thingy.jpg (518.48 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema in Ruins of Rin With Golden Grass.jpg
Daema in Ruins of Rin With Golden Grass.jpg (730.41 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema in Ruins of Rin With Sun.jpg
Daema in Ruins of Rin With Sun.jpg (465.33 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema in Black Citadel With Moon.jpg
Daema in Black Citadel With Moon.jpg (410.14 KiB) Viewed 3542 times

bikazig
Realm: Greymane

Unread post by bikazig »

Wow I have not posted on these forums in..forever..I think my last post was like..late 2010 or early 2011 <.< anyways on topic here is my Asura ragner with his pet Arcturis(Yes he is named after who you think he is named after)

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I was telling my husband tonight that this game is just too beautiful (especially the purple sky here). I'm constantly stopping to take pictures of every pretty or interesting thing I see. And, naturally, taking screen shots of vistas is mandatory. :lol: I also got some new armor tonight that I really like. My old stuff looked thin and flimsy. :P Incoming picture spam warning!

This rock formation reminded me of a paw, though the trees are a little in the way.

Cute little hawk critter I found as I was wandering. I had to take a picture of him since hawks are my favorite bird IRL. ^_^

Why fight when there are flowers that need sniffing? :P

It's the small things and attention to detail that tend to really impress me. Notice how there's some sort of terrain detection, to where it recognizes that the terrain is uneven and compensates when I'm standing on it. :3

Attachments
Terrain Detection Behind.jpg
Terrain Detection Behind.jpg (454.23 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Terrain Detection.jpg
Terrain Detection.jpg (594.71 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Crystal Vista.jpg
Crystal Vista.jpg (689.26 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema and Flower.jpg
Daema and Flower.jpg (482.87 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema and Statue.jpg
Daema and Statue.jpg (547.01 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Daema Running in Field.jpg
Daema Running in Field.jpg (614.1 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Hawk Friend.jpg
Hawk Friend.jpg (509.83 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Paw-Shaped Rocks.jpg
Paw-Shaped Rocks.jpg (656.53 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
Statue Vista.jpg
Statue Vista.jpg (580.91 KiB) Viewed 3542 times

Vephriel

That terrain detection is such a great detail, I've been admiring it myself. :) It looks so much better than your character awkwardly floating with their feet hanging off a ledge or something. xD

Sparklies in the sky

I love dolyaks! :D Half the time I feel like I'm taking photos on a nature safari or something, everything is so beautifully realistic.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Here we are, Makoes Swiftstrike with Bloodseeker the Jungle stalker, and Cicuta the Fern wolf :D
Attachments
gw010.jpg
gw010.jpg (295.12 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
gw008.jpg
gw008.jpg (321.16 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
gw004.jpg
gw004.jpg (288.84 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
gw006.jpg
gw006.jpg (286.56 KiB) Viewed 3542 times

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rhyela wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:I *love* my charr, but to each their own. :) For me the charr are everything the worgen should have been in WoW. But I also enjoy all the other races I've been playing. My sylvari thief has been a blast. xD
^THIS, times about a million!!! In fact, it's exactly what I said to my husband and co-worker. They're like the non-ugly, non-inbred-chihuahua that the female worgen could have and should have been (in my personal opinion, I am aware many people love the female worgen). In fact, some of the physiques you can choose from are outright beefy, more so than the one I went with. That seems much more appropriate than a stick-thin bulgy-eyed thing with massive breasts. :lol: (Can you tell I seriously hate the female worgen?)

Sorry, not trying to turn this into a worgen bash-fest. I just really really REALLY like the Charr. ^_^
Definitely agreed. They're ferocious BUT beautiful/pretty. A good even balance, imho.

Anyway...so Rila met Tybalt....XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Is it weird that I'm a female and I find the woman with the short black hair in the front to be drop dead gorgeous xD?