Potential new hunter pets in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: [Blizzcon] Possible new hunter pets

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Bodhran wrote: Image

If your curious about its running and movement animations, I would recommend having a look at the Vicious War Wolf or the Kor'kron War Wolf. Concidering the body composition of them, it's a safe bet that these are going to share the same skeleton as the new wolf.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I'm kinda weirded out that the fur looks like it was molded to the shape of the armor when it's unarmored in the first place and that the models when the mounts came out didn't even HAVE that part of the body. It's an irk but still gonna try these guys out and maybe give Snowfall my dear vanilla ice-white worg baby a model upgrade. I guess they didn't want it to look like Northrend Worg 2.0 and didn't make the mane spiky which is a shame, that's what drew me to those worgs in the first place. I just couldn't fall for them cause of the yellowish white fur (I like me some nice blueish/steel grey-white tones <3). And also, IT HAZ A BELLEH :lol: It doesn't look emaciated! (I get that blizz was trying to make Northrend Worgs scavenger-y but I kinda think they overdid it...)
Last edited by Chimera on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cool to see them side-by-side. The wild wolf skin is obviously based on the colour of this mount, but seems way softer. The new hair texture reminds me a lot of more recent Blizzard trends. Quite pretty.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Bodhran wrote: Image

If your curious about its running and movement animations, I would recommend having a look at the Vicious War Wolf or the Kor'kron War Wolf. Concidering the body composition of them, it's a safe bet that these are going to share the same skeleton as the new wolf.
So very, very happy these are finally being added! Wolves needed some loving and I never understood why they never put them in when the mounts came about specially when cats had been getting so much love. I mean, I love cats and love the newer models, but this wolf is gorgeous.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Bodhran wrote:Image
I'll take one in green black.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

:o Dat wolf! Me gusta! and Vare, you make me want one even more :lol: I shall tame one and name him Link!

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

That wolf is.... Eerily soft. And very short and compact. Something seems very, very off about the anatomy, but I can't quite place my finger on it....

Eh, no big deal. It just means I won't tame one. uvu
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Aeladrine wrote:That wolf is.... Eerily soft. And very short and compact. Something seems very, very off about the anatomy, but I can't quite place my finger on it....

Eh, no big deal. It just means I won't tame one. uvu
I agree. Love the new texture and all that but there dose seem to be something off about it. maybe its the almost lion-like mane that makes its neck seem short and thick. Or maybe the head just looks too much like a worgen? its got a very thick body, like a boar. o.-

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

This might have already been mentioned, but I was watching the art panel again and in one of the Ogre dungeons I saw bats flying around near the roof, I'm fairly certain they were the new model so we might finally get those updated bat models tameable. :)
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Someone spotted this in the mount thread. around the 3:20 mark of a gameplay video an orc mounts a chimera and flies off. Looks like its the new model for the old-world chimera. Its flight animations looks pretty smooth and It *may* have been STANDING on solid ground just before takeoff. The wings were positioned almost like a proto drake before it took off but the orc’s legs makes it hard to see whether or not it is truly grounded or just hovering.
either way its another glimpse at a new model for hunters to drool over.
EDIT: got some better quality pics. and guess what? you can just make out the chimera's feet firmly grounded behind the orc as it fades into existence! If it is using the proto drake animations then there is a good chance hunter pets will have it too.
Image Image

Here’s the vid link so you can check it out frame by frame on your own.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbX4qeFn874

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Alliance better get new mounts too, s'all I'm sayin'. Boxgriffin isn't going to (ahem) fly.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :) I'll link a shot of that chimaera mount in the OP :)

They certainly better have wild versions of it prepared! :D
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I do prefer mounts with landed position, but even if it didn't have one... the way it flies, it's purrrfect~!! <3

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Maybe not relevant, and I don't really care too much about bears myself, but..

Are there high chances to get a new bear model? After all, we have the thing with Rexxar and his bear going on. Maybe they might want to make new bear models.

And bear lovers could use a new model after 9 years of using the same model! I think it's high time those people get their patience rewarded with a shiny new bear to choose from! :)
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote:Are there high chances to get a new bear model? After all, we have the thing with Rexxar and his bear going on. Maybe they might want to make new bear models.
A new bear model would be cool! It's probably not as badly off as some other models, but it's also probably a more popular pet than most. So maybe it deserves it anyway.

After you brought up Rexxar I decided to check it up, since we'd never seen bears in Outland. Apparently his bear companion was obtained on Azeroth, though. At least according to Wowpedia. That doesn't necessarily mean there aren't bears on Draenor, just that he never got his there, and he only got her after the destruction of Draenor.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I would love new bear models... I've been using my lovely white bear since Wrath when I was inspired to make an 'ice' troll hunter and I love her to bits but I've wondered what she'd look like with a model upgrade once we had the new tiger models revealed. Bears are definitely up there on animals I'd kill for a upgrade on. They already look great imo as they are now, I don't mind any of the animations, I'd just like a bit of a smoother and more detailed skin and better teeth (maybe an ice-white bear too instead of the yellowy-browny-white? I've learned to sweep that under the rug to love my bear but it's still an ever present thing that I'm not really big on)

Maybe upgrades to birds of prey and carrion birds too, give the wings a bit more freedom of movement. They're really big what with the Arakkoa being a major sentient species. Maybe new Ravager and Raptor skins... Windserpents... Warp Stalkers (though these might be results of the Nether's twisitng properties), Nether Rays (again, probably a result of the Nether's energy)

There's so many tameable beasties that could get worked on, on the side for this expac that I'd do flip flops for :lol: But I think a lot of upgraded skins might end up on the back burner as they try to push out new player models D: We might only end up getting new boars, new wolves, and new chimaera for tameable pets (chimaera's being a big 'if')

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

I'm half hoping, half thinking it's possible that we'll get tamable talbuks this expansion. They were on old Outland, there's a 99% chance they'll be on Draenor old models or new, they made goats tameable in Mists of Pandaria which look similar and use the same skeleton, and they tend to like to add a few old somewhat-relevant-to-the-new-stuff families of pet with new expansions (basilisks, moths, etc) . I could also see the same with clefthooves (which look to have new models) and to a lesser extent elekks. I want stags, with their updated models, but they have little to no relevance to Outland or Draenor so it seems kinda unlikely. Been holding out since Vanilla dammit xD

I'm also hoping that, with all this "primal world" stuff, we finally get new interesting spirit beasts. The porcupines didn't really do it for me and not getting a sha-touched spirit beast in the final patch was a bit disappointing. Here's hoping they do something cool this time around like the Wrath spirit beasts.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Loki wrote:I'm half hoping, half thinking it's possible that we'll get tamable talbuks this expansion. They were on old Outland, there's a 99% chance they'll be on Draenor old models or new, they made goats tameable in Mists of Pandaria which look similar and use the same skeleton, and they tend to like to add a few old somewhat-relevant-to-the-new-stuff families of pet with new expansions (basilisks, moths, etc) . I could also see the same with clefthooves (which look to have new models) and to a lesser extent elekks. I want stags, with their updated models, but they have little to no relevance to Outland or Draenor so it seems kinda unlikely. Been holding out since Vanilla dammit xD

I'm also hoping that, with all this "primal world" stuff, we finally get new interesting spirit beasts. The porcupines didn't really do it for me and not getting a sha-touched spirit beast in the final patch was a bit disappointing. Here's hoping they do something cool this time around like the Wrath spirit beasts.
Yeah I wasn't fond of the MoP spirit beasts either and since I played as a 70 for years I was very much bummed out that BC missed out on the spirit beast family since I always thought that there were some amazing potential in that xpack. Makes me super excited to see what we will get out of it this time.
As far as Talbuks go I doubt I would tame one but I did wonder why they didn't get lumped in with goats in mop.

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I didn't like the new spirit Beasts in MoP either and passed on all 3 of them. I also hope there will be some awesome ones in WoD. Maybe a spirit Hellboar or a spirit Hydra. The other specs would probably cry too much though if only BM could have a Hydra. They could do a spirit Sporebat although I've never been fond of them either. How about a spirit Dragonhawk?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's probably unlikely to be a dragonhawk, since as far as I know there aren't any native to Draenor. There were plenty in Outland but that was only because they came with the Blood Elves.

For Draenor, a spirit spiny raptor might work well, or spirit two-headed vulture (if the model was updated). A spirit new-model chimaera might be pretty cool, though. We also know from the trailers that the new bat model occurs in Draenor and a spirit bat of that style would be pretty cool too.