TAMABLE HYDRAS? (patch 4.1 on PTR, no tamables found yet)

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: TAMABLE HYDRAS? (patch 4.1 on PTR, no tamables found yet

Unread post by Rawr »

Demonicow wrote:i didnt think so lol im preety sure anybody with the hydralisk would switch if we got a real hydra unless its exotic then again they may get it regardless, before i knew about the hydra stuff i just wanted glyph of greater proportion which was originally mend pet and my hunter still has that glyph but atm it appears as glyph of lesser proportion which is completely useless imho.
Your pet shrinks when you put it in and goes back to normal when you take it out, it has nothing to do with Mend Pet or any other spell, it's always on :mrgreen:

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

it is mend pet on live realms and turns into glyph of lesser proportion on ptr thats what i was saying
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I updated the hydra page on Petopia last night - it now just mentions that hydras are untamable. Until we learn more, I think that's safest. It also let's me add basilisks and other such 'families' and bring back the old untamable page.
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

i think untamables should have its own selection of families on the front page

Cunning Pets

Ferocity Pets

Tenacity pets

New! Untamable Family Pets

etc what u think?
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Lotokoth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: shu'halo Horde

Unread post by Lotokoth »

Untameable pets family?
I dun get it :\
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Meaning it's a page purely dedicated to untamable pets to make it easier to view them.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

exactly the reason i say untamable pet families instead of untamable pets is because there are families that have mostly tamable pets and a few untamables rather then a family like the hydra or basilisks which have all untamables.

Armory
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

My guess is however, if they are currently untamable, there is no real way of knowing what tree or family type they may or may not belong to in the future. My guess would be that the safest way to deal with these currently untamable beasts would be to, as mania has already suggested, just bring back the old untamable beasts page.

That's not to say that these will or wont become avalible some time in the future, but just lets us all see what untamable beasts there currently are in game, and what may have the possibly of being added.
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

just a theory of course but i think it would be ferocity because of the crit

Terrifying Roar
Furious Howl
Bellowing Roar(Stupid Wowhead Link Removed)

Edit: look at this page Hydra underneath it is Hunter Pet Ferocity Marker (DND) yet it does not have a Hunter Pet Exotic Marker (DND)

Armory
Dalthok
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Balnazzar (Horde)

Unread post by Dalthok »

omg, must get hydra
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Dalthok wrote:omg, must get hydra
They're not tamable yet.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Dalthok wrote:omg, must get hydra
They're not tamable yet.
They should be. I want one.
Himeko
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Himeko »

I want my hydra as well but chances of me getting mine before the next expansion is slim. They won't be tameable this expack... Hopefully next expack we'll get our hydras....

Himeko

Some say Legion will be the downfall of WoW, I disagree. WoD was the downfall and Legion will be there to raise WoW from the dead.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Himeko wrote:I want my hydra as well but chances of me getting mine before the next expansion is slim. They won't be tameable this expack... Hopefully next expack we'll get our hydras....
Without proof one way or another from Blizzard, let's not make statements like that so we don't confuse people. ;)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Himeko
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Himeko »

Blizz seems to be very busy with adding more dungeons and revamping old ones along with adding more raids. Which is why I said what I did, next expack seems like something they might be pushing for so that they can keep working on dungeons and raids. Plus redoing classes since they love messing with our classes. ;>>

Himeko

Some say Legion will be the downfall of WoW, I disagree. WoD was the downfall and Legion will be there to raise WoW from the dead.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yes, but you can't just make a statement of "Hydras will not be tamable until next expac" like it's a fact. ;) Someone might read it and mistake it for being serious. It would be more correct to say that *you* don't think they're coming until next expac because there's no hardcore proof one way or another.

[/center]
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

theres no way we can know if it will be available or not but i believe it may come out this patch and definitely this expansion no way they would keep the idea for a whole year just to make it tamable in the 4th expansion(if there will be one)

Armory
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

My point is that we can't make claims that read like facts without factual evidence to back them up. ;) You've been doing it just fine by putting that you believe it'll come out this patch. I personally don't think it'll be for another patch or two because Blizzard seems too busy with ZA/ZG and class balancing. :)

And really, speculation is all that can be done right now...I feel like this thread is going in circles though.

[/center]
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

We are really running circles around hydra's right now. Infact you could say this thread is a hydra with all these heads comming from different angles at eachother, all sharing the same small base.

...Yeah, I am a go get more coffee now...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Solunerra »

Makoes wrote:We are really running circles around hydra's right now. Infact you could say this thread is a hydra with all these heads comming from different angles at eachother, all sharing the same small base.

...Yeah, I am a go get more coffee now...
I like what you did there. It does seem that Hydras are diffidently getting all worked up. But I am sure it a matter of time be for we get and answer.