PTR Request Line & 4.1 Summary

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: PTR Request Line & 4.1 Summary

Unread post by Samarachan »

Acherontia wrote:Samarchan, is that inside ZG or in STV?

Is there a ZG quest chain I'm missing?

(Yes, first thing running through my mind = WHERE IS MY BABY RED RAPTOR, but still :lol: )

Will add your link Kalliope--wtb pics :D

I will go there again and post coords and a pic, it's outside though. I saw people fly in and kill him, so I asumed it's from the chain. (I got a quest as soon as I entered SW that led to Stv, whole zone is phased with lvl 82-85 mobs that aren't specified, example: Cobras not marked as beasts and can't be tracked)

Brb, will update asap.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Kalliope wrote:Baby red raptors are zone drops on live. :D

I fixed the pics. >_> Sorry!
Sadly, that's not the one I mean :(

There's a quest chain in STV that has you rescue a baby red raptor. Several spoilers later--I mean quests--you find out that the troll you've helped bring back to life is Mandokir--and that the raptor is none other than Ohgan'aka, Ohgan's daughter. Mandokir kidnaps her, and despite your best efforts to rescue your baby raptor from ZG, he steals her away.

The quest abruptly ended there, until now (?). I haven't been able to find ANY information whatsoever on a continuation, despite it hinting VERY clearly before that there would be one : /
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

There we go! He's on top of a ledge kinda. lvl 85, Cannot be tamed.
:)
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

There appears to be no Horde equivalent--or at least, I'm not getting any quests to go to STV : / All I see is level 26 or so mobs :(

Can anyone help me out here? Is this alliance-only or am I missing a breadcrumb quest for Horde? I would like a bit more info before I post about it, considering it isn't tameable anyway :(
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Try going to Org? Or any of the capitals? I got mine as soon as I entered SW, autoaccept thing. Led me to the harbor, which led me to STV...

Really don't know, almost never been horde :(
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I tried going in & out of Org, tried checking towns in STV, even went into ZG--nothing :(
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh sorry, wasn't thinking of that lil' guy cause I haven't completed the new STV zones yet. :/

Also reporting in that the Blackrock battle worgs are still bugged when tamed. They won't attack or take commands.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Oswen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Pozzo dell'Eternità (EU)

Unread post by Oswen »

So many good things to come... still i'd like to ask something to those who can hop on PTR.
Shenzi, my hyena, would really love to help raids missing the bleed debuff but sadly it's still bugged on live, any idea if it's fixed on PTR? if not it could be a good time to point that out i think.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Updated on the Blackrock Battle Worgs; shall have a look on the PTR and see if bosses are still immune to the mangle!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tendon rip doesn't appear to be fixed. It's working on Raid dummies, but when I tried it on Putridus the Ancient (rare elite in Icecrown) and on Forgemaster Garfrost, it's saying Immune.

I am going to stick that at the top of the list and make it red, just as it's such a priority : /
Last edited by Acherontia on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I accidentally IDed the gazelle skin as a talbuk one. T_T Oops!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

Acherontia wrote:I tried going in & out of Org, tried checking towns in STV, even went into ZG--nothing :(
I went to Org as well and it didn't give me an auto-accept quest, but then I haven't done any of the new STV quests on Kormai so it could be that. And I haven't visited SW on Kåri yet.

So I'm going to take Kormai to STV to do the baby raptor quests and then head back to Org. I'll let you know how it turns out...also Kormai and Kåri are exact copies with those exact names if you'd like to contact me, I'm on Anasterian US (PvE one).

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
Thirteen
Realm: Tortheldrin

Unread post by Thirteen »

OH OH OH OH the ununsed "ice" look of cat is now tameable in winterspring, by the name of "Frostsaber Stalker"

Exciting!
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Acherontia....Once you had finished the quests at Grom'Gol and the baby raptor taken from you were you able to continue the quests and get sent to Bambala? (new Horde camp) There was a quest to kill some raptors and get feathers to see through the baby raptor's eyes, and then after I finished that it gave me a quest to get some trolls brain so that I could control the baby raptor....so I am currently the baby raptor and I'm trying to escape from ZG.

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, after that is the dead end :( You get stopped by Mandokir and Jindo (I think?) and Mandokir swears to redouble his efforts to wipe you from the little raptor's memory.

If they simply -didn't- implement a continuation I'll be very disappointed : /

I've been on the PTR and the best I can find is a quest leading to ZA >.<
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Ahh yes gotcha....how did I ever think they would let me escape like that! I would say though, seeing as they put that much effort into the quest chain in the first place that they wouldn't just leave it without some kind of plan! Maybe it's not complete yet so it's not implimented on the ptr, or maybe it'll be put later at the beginning of ZG. I went back to Org and no quest. So I don't think you're missing a breadcrumb....unless it's a very small crumb.

I'm going to go to SW on Kari now and see about this auto-accept alliance quest.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yah, the breadcrumb I was wondering about was the one that sends you to the ZG-related quests. Alliance seems to have one; Horde doesn't?

I made a post on the PTR forums, and a replyer told me this:
There is a (neutral) Troll NPC in Stormwind, that sent me to the middle of STV. I landed in Rebel Camp in the north and I got overwhelmed by trolls, I believe level 83 or 85.

When I slaughtered the most of it, I went on my bronze drake to the middle. There I got a quest, which asked me to kill 10 snakes and to heal (by means of a blue Troll NPC) 10 wounded Humans.

Then I had to click on a bonfire in the middle of the camp, and then I got an error message. Since then that quest line broke.

There are a few more quests which are incomplete yet. It will be clearer with additional builds in the coming days, I guess. The broken questline maybe fixed as well.
Going off this, I headed to the troll section of Orgrimmar; Griftah is indeed there, but the quest he gives is to go talk to Budd outside ZA--which then starts the old "go find this map, collect troll tusks" etc chain : /

I'm actually in Stormwind now (as an orc, yes, go figure) and can't find Griftah here, so I'm guessing he may well be phased :(

The raptor quest has been in-game since Cataclysm, it's not new--so I'm certainly hoping it does have a planned finish. I admit to being a little antsy about it! :P

Anyway, thanks for the experimentation & info! Hopefully we'll hear something soon--and out of curiosity, did you get as attached to your little hatchling as I did? :lol:
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

I did get attached the first time I did it on my Nesingwary Kormai. The baby raptors are soooooo cute!!!!

I got side tracked as someone in the guild i got randomly invited to said the hydras in Zangarmarsh were tameable....I checked....they aren't. I took screen shots but there's not much point in posting them since it's only confirmation of the negative.

I'm tempted to go try the other hydras as well :S

EDIT: going to try the other hydras as well...

EDIT:

I checked Bittertide Hydras, Mire Hydras, Mystlash Hydras, Parched Hydras, Strashaz Hydras, and Thessala Hydras and none tameable yet. Did I miss any??

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

My Request: The Winterspring Cubs (purple saber kitten minipet). Make another and Reskin it to be the Aqua tiger coloration, and put that in Everlook inn for 50g as well :)

Would be awesome!
^_^'

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf