Your first pet/long camp/exciting tame/whatever

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
firekeeper77
Realm: Eonar

Your first pet/long camp/exciting tame/whatever

Unread post by firekeeper77 »

Herro Petopians! i'm FK and i've lurked here for a while but i finally decided to make an account here. this community seems nice, and oh god, i'm a pet freak, even if my hunter isn't my main.

BUT I DIGRESS. (NOTE: little bit of a long story here! D:)

i figured i could start things off with a good story thread. i shall recall, in somewhat vivid detail, my starting experience of this game, and the beginning of my addiction to taming thingies.

it all started a month after launch, my friend suggested i create a female night elf hunter (so original) so i did. immediately i was stunned by the beauty of teldrassil; it remains my favorite zone to this day!
taming my first pet.. it was, of course, a nightsaber. black-brown tiger with silvery stripes? heck yeah that was the coolest thing ever.
UNTIL I LEARNED ABOUT HUMAR THE PRIDELORD.
oh lordy, somehow i stumbled across allakhazam, and learned of this beauty, and i decided that i NEEDED this lion. from reading the comments, i was perfectly fine with forgetting about leveling for a month if it took me to get this thing.
when i finally reached level 23 (it took me forever because i was horrible at this game) i headed down to the barrens. let me stop and say that i was such a noob with this game, and MMOs in general; "training? PFFT WHO NEEDS THAT? i'd rather buy this pretty dress for my character. what's this? an item with +3 agility? NAW IT'S UGLY I AIN'T WEARIN THAT. oh this dress has more armor than my current one! BETTER USE IT!" this was my thought process until, sadly, i was about level 50 ish or so.

anyway.

going down to the barrens, i managed to make it there without dying (i think, this was quite a while ago..i might have died a couple times, don't tell no one). finally, made it to humar's tree. of course he wasn't there. settling down in front of the tree, i waited, and waited, and slept, went to school, came home, and waited some more. 3 days of this, and finally, the 3rd night right before i was about to log, THERE HE WAS! i nearly had a heart attack. my first rare! i was shaking so bad trying to tame him, but, i had no freezing trap cuz i'm crazy and never trained it. never thought i would need it so badly! needless to say, humar shredded my lovely dress and left me to rot on the ground. i died a little on the inside.

round 2 came about, and i thought i would have him for sure this time! again, right before the tame went off i died. i was really shaking now, hyperventilating, (not really), certain that someone would come along and kill him before i could tame him. i /who'd the barrens, or ashenvale, or SOMETHING, i don't even remember how i knew to do that, and i found a level 24 hunter.

i asked him if he could possibly please help me tame this beast, i had been waiting a long time for it, and he actually agreed to do it! he ran down from wherever he was to me, taught me about trap taming, using aspect of the monkey, so on and so forth. he lays a trap for me and i tame the lion, extremely super duper happy that i got him. i thanked the hunter non-stop for helping me. he was such a nice guy. :B

many more rares came and went (i camped for barnabus for over a week and actually got him; i went nuts when i found him), but this was my first, and most special. <3

terribly sorry for the rather long story, i certainly hope others can share some nifty stories :>
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Your first pet/long camp/exciting tame/whatever

Unread post by Comett »

What an awesome story. Your ideas on gearing were exactly the same as mine for sooo loong, as were your impressions of Teldrassil and exactly how long it took for you to level. XD

My first/still favourite pet was just the Nightsaber Stalker, the black/grey-spotted-white kitty. I was told by some guy to "make sure I got a good cat" and he pointed me in the direction of the brown ones but I ended up choosing my Karma. I think he killed me once or twice. It took me like 2 days to get to level 10 because I sucked and wanted a pet so badly. When I finally got Karma, I didn't even like him that much (I thought Karma was a stupid, girly name and didn't know you couldn't rename your pets back then), but he ended up sticking with me, and he was my only pet right up til WOTLK. My second ever pet was Skoll, because some bloke advertised him in trade and I trotted off and tamed him.

Ralanost
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Ralanost »

Oh god, it's been so many years, can't recall what was my first. Was it Humar? Was it Brokentooth? Was it Araga? One thing I will say, I hated BT. Sure his attack speed was amazingly fast, but he was damn pathetic to look at. 2 pets I am VERY sore I didn't get a chance to play with before they got "fixed" were the frostwolf from AV and the ZG bat. Before the fix, they were fast. BLAZINGLY fast. They could chase down epic mounts easily. I wanted them so bad. Sadly, as soon as I hit 50 on my hunter at the time, the fix went through. I was not happy at all.

Now-a-days I don't do camping so much as fly bys. I have caught Louque this way and hope to catch others. I just can't stand staying in one place for hours/days hoping to be there when the rare spawns. TLPD broke me of that. Ugh, all the time wasted and the only time I have seen him he was already dead. So angry. Still trying to figure out what I want my next tame to be. Probably going to do a fly through in Twilight Highlands and check for the rares there. BBL!
Bastor
Realm: EU-Die Todeskrallen

Unread post by Bastor »

Actually Humar was my first rare, too.

I created an Orc Hunter, when we got into the game after the beta. I was questing in the barrens and did the Echeekayee quest and found a white lion was like the coolest thing ever. Then I found out about Humar and immediately went crazy about taming him.

It was my first pet theme, called the white one Geist (Ghost) and the black one Dunkelheit (Darkness) as to point to the movie "The Ghost and the Darkness".

Since then, when playing the hunter, I always put one of them out and changed them whenever I came across a stable master. Then blizzard put in "Call Pet" much to my delight, as now I was able to pull out a different one every 30 minutes during a raid, which was a great deal of one, because much more people would get the names then.

I waited forever to tame Humar, just like you. I still enjoy the place for hanging out with my hunter though, the barrens next to that tree is like home to me.
Luinn
Realm: Feathermoon - US

Unread post by Luinn »

Great stories!

My first Big Exciting Tame (TM) was a very young Luinn going after Snort the Heckler. A purple hyena? Must have! I took my little self off to the Barrens and trundled round and round on foot, looking for the elusive prey. (This was back when mounts were unavailable before level 40 and NPCscan didn't exist - hope I'm not a candidate for the Old Hunters' Home. :)) After much looking, I found him, started taming, and nearly died to his poison spit. When the 'grats on your tame!' flash went off, I was so delighted; I thought I had tamed something really unique.

Then I went to Thousand Needles, and saw purple hyenas everywhere....

It didn't matter, though. This was MY purple hyena. :)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Oh man. My first rare. That's an easy question to answer, because Kurasu's very first pet was Timber. .... well, not *very* first, but first. I had come across Timber when I was leveling, and I loved, loved, LOVED the model. This was before I even knew much about 'the rare-catching obsession'. I only knew that 'It's a wolf. Hunters can tame wolves. And it looks AWESOME!'. And when I was level 10, I decided it was going to be *my* awesome.

I noticed early on that wolves couldn't go in the water. So I took my trash pet (a bear I'd grabbed so I could learn Claw; see, back then, you had to have a pet to teach you how to teach techniques!) to the pair, sent him into the fray, and downed one of the two rabid wolves. Then I jumped in the lake, waited for them to reset, and repeated. Once it was just me and Timber, I abandoned the bear and tamed. And bam: my first rare, and first pet.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

First pet - dark brown grizzly bear Ursa (mine)

Favorite pet - ghost saber Boo (on my female NE)

Long camp - Skoll; took me about 2 weeks iirc. After that the next longest were Terrorpene, Loque and Aotona which took about a week apiece.

Exciting tame - The Beast, back before the 10 second tame cast.
Jolyroger
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Draenor, Atiesh (Classic)

Unread post by Jolyroger »

I think the most exciting tame I ever did was when my son and I crept into ZG to tame the Red Raptors. We did the first creep with just the two of us, NE hunters. We go to the back southwest corner where there were 3 raptors. Then we found that they were linked. So we died. Then we did it again but brought a druid with us. The druid slept one raptor while my son and I tamed the other two. Did this back in vanilla. There is a guide I think in the Petopia Archive that I made for doing this. It was a wild time doing the creep.
Jolyroger: Worgen Hunter (Draenor)
Dirus: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Shaylis: Night Elf Hunter (Atiesh/Classic)
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

My first ever rare pet was Nuramoc. Back when my first hunter Innis was still about I too was oblivious to the rare pet obsession.
I was busy questing in Netherstorm and ran across the purple chimaera. At first my reaction was: "rare spawn, kill". If I knew chimaeras were tameable then, I didn't care. Also back then I wasn't a fan of doing dungeons, let alone raids. So my gear sucked. So I died. Many, many times. I gave up that day but found him again in the exact same place the next day (either I was super lucky that he'd respawned there and I found him, or he'd simply been left untouched. He hit HARD).
Again my first thought was "REVENGE" but something clicked... I dismissed whatever pet I had at that point and started to tame him. He killed me. But I'd come close so I tried again, only to find a flagged Hordie killing the poor beast. This is another reason I find this tame so memerable; I DESPISE PvP, yet I went berserk on the Horde guy. As he was corpse-running back I successfully tamed my Numaroc. Then the Horde guy ressed and killed me. But I was happy.
Numaroc was the best thing that happened to Innis and was sorely missed when I decided to delete her. I'm still happy now though, because Nuramoc went home with Varethyn not long ago, albeit with the new name of Volos :)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

My first pet was a black tiger from darkshore that I named Vixen, I had her all the way to level 60 with no other pets aside from ones I would tame to get her new ability ranks but would abandon after. Does anyone else remember having to tame pets to learn abilities and new ranks of them? My first rare was Rak'shiri who I stumbled upon while grinding wintersaber rep in classic. I named her Glacier and I have kept that cat from that point on even if the name changes now and then.

When BC came I tamed different pets but none of them really stuck. Vixen had gotten abandoned at some point which I still feel bad about today. I had aways just tamed what was needed to raid, keeping my blue kitty tucked away and using her when I could. Near the end of BC I decided I wanted Humar and spent way too much time in that tree because I was always missing his spawn due to work, sleep or raiding. My GF found him finally when I was at work, tamed him and named him Ciaran. He stayed in my stable as well from that point on because I had camped him for such a long time.

Again in wrath pets came and went, but at one point I decided I wanted the pink tallstrider so I tamed him and named him Floyd. He is a favorite among guildies esp when I got the non-combat pet to match him. I was an herbalist for part of wrath and came across my first spirit beast Loque'nahak while gathering in the basin. I was so excited I spent the rest of the day leveling him on the wind elementals in Storm Peaks and named him Zephyr after the spell they were casting on us. Near the end of wrath I also stumbled upon Skoll while searching for other rares to finish my Frostbitten achievement and fell in love with how pretty he was. He was tamed and eventually named Raiden. The sad part about taming Skoll though was that Floyd had to say goodbye because I had needed a wolf for raiding at the time =(

When the shattering came I went a bit crazy taming many things to try out and re-taming old friends and I am still figuring out the last couple stable spots even now. One of the first pets I re-tamed was Floyd though and he actually went raiding with me the other night for trash clearing. Needless to say many were happy to see the return of Floyd. My most crazy and exciting tame has to go to Terrorpene though. I spent nearly a week in that lava pool and always missing him by an hour or two when I would eventually fall asleep after staying up all night or camping for 10+ hours straight. When I finally got him I was starting to log out after another fruitless night of camping when a mage whispered me asking if I had any cloth I would sell them, I had no need for it and gave them what I had. They thanked me and then told me there was a fire pool by them that I could have. I explained that I wasn't there for the fire pools but for the rare. At that point I used my eagle eye to check one of his other spawn points and my NPC scan went crazy. I started freaking out and apparently making a lot of noise because my GF came running in the room half asleep to find me crying and trying to tell her what was going on but making no sense due to lack of sleep and shock. She looked at my screen and Terrorpene was attacking me but I wasn't taming him, as I had managed to fly up to him but had forgotten where my tame button was in my excitement. She snapped me out of it and got me to FD, get my health back and tame him. I then whispered the mage thanking them for being good luck and they couldn't believe that he had just spawned for me after I told them why I was there. They flew over and cheered at me and were very impressed by how cool he was. I decided to name him Kilauea at the mages suggestion and to honor my good luck charm. If they had not whispered me I would have let that logout continue and would have missed my turtle by only a few mins!

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

You guys make me feel good that I'm not alone in hyperventilating over rarespawns :D Most Exciting/Longest Tame are the same pet for me: Loque'nahak. I actually wrote my long story on my blog, so I'll just copy paste most of it with fun new commentary XD

Ever since I first saw him in the beta, I knew that Loque’nahak was the pet I wanted by my side when I went to face the Lich King. For all that time, I spent roughly 4-6 hours on average in the Basin camping every day. People began to notice me in the Basin, and soon, I had all but memorized the Basin’s soundtrack so well I whistled it as I drove. I also noticed parts of it sound an awful lot like Disney’s Jungle Book…

I spent 5 weeks before I even saw one of the rare spawns, King Krush. That sub sequentially led me to be eaten by said Devilsaur until a Death Knight/Hunter team killed him for timers. As the weeks went by, I talked to several other hunters who were camping the zone. To my dismay, I’d see them 3 or 4 days later with a Spirit Beast by their side. Saddened but not deterred I continued my hunt for this cat I had yet to see dead or alive untamed.

Thursday morning, New Years Day. I decided that my New Years resolution would be to get the Spirit BeasT! I went to the Basin and offered a reward for help, which was about 1000g. Yes, I know, frown upon bribery. But I was going mad! And it didn’t seem to help that every Hunter aside from me (on my realm) managed to snag it in hours as opposed to weeks of trying.

Then I got it; the wonderful PM I waited for. A purple-colored whisper from a Paladin. He found Loque’nahak! He was watching him! I hopped on my drake and flew as fast as I could over to the location. I cursed as Blizzard decided to make my Riding Crop useless. I could taste victory in my mouth as I neared the Goretalon perch. I tasted it until a Forsaken Mage decided to Pyroblast Loque’nahak into oblivion. I stared at the fallen corpse with a literal broken heart. The first time I saw Loque’nahak, and now, I was seeing red. I felt numb and decided “You know what, forget it. It’s just a cat.” And with that, I logged off. (FYI: To this day, I still hate Undead Mages. If I see one, and it's red, IT'S DEAD!)

I found myself in the Basin later that night, talking with friends and receiving their condolences for my loss. I listened as some of the people in the Basin who knew of my endeavors gave me words of encouragement and whispered me they’d be happy to help. Little by little, I gave into my dirty glee and renounced “giving up”. In the next 24 hours, I would log into seeing Loque’nahak be killed by more players as I logged in. But I didn’t dwell on it. I couldn’t I picked up the timer and moved on.

Fast forward to early morning Saturday. My 120lb German Shepard, Heero, decided to wake me up. It was around 1 AM and I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I decided to log on to WoW and see what my friends were doing. I logged in at the gorilla spot and looked around. Not much to be seen. I stuck around for 30 minutes patrolling, deciding I would leave and go do my cooking dailies in Dalaran. I flew over the Maker’s Perch, heading Northeast, when suddenly Illidan began yelling through my speakers.

“YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!”

I looked. My macro had just targeted a freshly spawned Loque’nahak under my drake, just past the river. I dismounted in air (in such a rush I took fall damage), threw down a freezing trap and hit tame. I was barely coherent though, I vaguely remember somehow setting up the trap and typing OH GOD OH GOD MY CAT in gchat. I watched in pure shaky bliss as Loque leapt at me, stuck in mid air in the trap. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1….Mine.

Needless to say, I did NOT go back to sleep after that. was wayyyy too excited.

Image from that night showing my insanity. (Link img cause the img is too big)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DSgKEyprMDI/S ... 013316.jpg

Maaru_2
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Cenarius, Anvilmar

Unread post by Maaru_2 »

My very first rare camp was back in the good days of Vanillacraft :P
I had seen level 60 hunters running around with their purple tigers, apparently during those days the tigers crit ALOT, so they were like the equivalent of the saber worgs in Wrath (in terms of being common, I mean). But one day.. I saw the most beautiful tiger skin I had ever seen in the year and a half of playing (took me forever to level lol but it was worth every minute!).. I believe his master had named him Suto. Ohhh he was pretty!!

I immediately set out over Thottbot and other search engines after learning the kitties name: Rak'Shiri! The ball was set into motion and I raced to 57 as fast as I possibly could. Finally reaching the desired level, I stabled my beloved Elwynn Prowler, Nana, and set up camp at Frostsaber Rock. For thirteen hours a day for six days I waited..and waited...and waited for the elusive Rak'Shiri to spawn. I sat on top of the giant rock and spent most of my time dropping Eagle Eye on his spawn points, and with no knowledge (or existence?) of NPC Scan or SilverDragon, I searched the old fashion way.. With my eyes lol

One day, I logged in after a long day at school (and a crapton of homework), I cast Eagle Eye on the spawn point near the road and proceeded to have a heartattack! I had dropped my Eagle Eye right on top of him as he was patting around!! HE WAS HERE!! I hooped and hollered as I quickly made my way down to him, set up my trap and began taming!! Was so loud, my parents ran in the room to make sure I was okay, only to find me giggling and cheering for my aqua tiger =P

I named my beloved kitty Arrow and he stayed with me for a very long time. Until, one fateful day... I was out questing in Nagrand or Netherstorm..one of those N-places :P..and forgot to buy food for Arrow! Went afk for probably ten minutes and when I returned, he was gone =( I died alot, I mean A WHOLE LOT while playing in the old days lol So my pets were usually very angry with me. And this was just one of those times I didn't have enough food to stay on their good side >_<

I tried to go back to find him, spent a few days waiting in the same spot, channeling my Eagle Eye.. Only to find him dead =(( My spirit crushed.. I vowed I would return one day for him. In the meantime, patches came out and made it easier for Night Elves to tame Shy-Rotam, so she immediately became my replacement for Arrow. But deep down... I knew it wasn't him >_<!

With the next major patch, I'll be able to go back after my Arrow!! =) I can't wait!!

1st Aeonaxx Camp: 1/1/11 - 1/5/11
2nd Aeonaxx Camp: 4/9/11-?? wtb drake spawn -_-
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee25 ... d%20Tames/
My List of Rares :D

Bryndell
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Bryndell »

My FIRST rare camp was on my shaman for the TIme Lost Proto Drake. Oh man...I spent literally 2,almost 3 weeks out there. In ONE spot on the Frozen Lake. Occasionally far sighting to the waterfall, and the blue lady village.

The one who FOUND him? MY SON who I had talked into parking Daddys hunter on the Brun spot for me. ALL that time on one spot, and the turd spawned where I NEVER camped.

But I got him, and oh the pure adrenaline was exhilarating.

Now, on my hunter, my LONGEST camp has been so FAR...probably a tie between Gondria and Skoll. (now its Krush, buti digress) I was camping an hour or two in ZD, hearth to Dal, camp a few in SB for Loque/Krush. Loque was easy...first SB I tamed. I wasnt yet 80, so Skoll was out of my range for a while. So after Loque, it was camp, hearth, fly, camp. Rinse and repeat. One night I logged out in ZD at the bloods, and the next morning I logged in literally ON TOP of Gondria. I squealed and screamed and cheered. Finally...I can LEAVE this place!

My next conquest was Skoll...but I had to hit 80 first, so I leveled in SP with the hope of seeing him while I was CLOSE to a ding...but no. I saw him ONCE when I was halfway to 80. I cried a little. After I hit 80, I SWORE I would NOT leave Northrend without my gummy dino or my thunderpuppy.

Yesterday was my WORST day of Skoll camping. People who were 85 would whisper me about someone already taming him...ect...I would go to SB to camp Krush...come back to SP a few hours later to camp...and I decided to sit on the disk. Some JERK came under me and pulled his Skoll out and set off my scans. I ranted and raved and yelled at him. Then moved to the lake. Frustrated, I tabbed out and did other stuff for a few hours. Logged to clear cache. . Logged back in...sat at the lake for a while, then decided to fly to the disc. On my way to the disc, I flew past the hunter who pulled his Skoll out. My GM says hes TLPD camping. I resisted the urge to yell at him AGAIN...flew to the disc and LO AND BEHOLD my drums went OFF ROLLING!!

Skoll was MINE!

I flew past the TLPD camper, and whispered him about my tame, trying to give him a timer of sorts, just to show him *I* was nicer than he was. I didnt get a reply. Whatever. Thunderpuppy is HOME! My twins are reunited!
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

My first rare was actually my first pet; Duskstalker. I didn't know what a rare WAS then, but... I had finally reached level ten and I wanted a GOOD cat to be friends with my elf. My friends that had got me into the game were waiting for me in someplace called "Darnassus," but they wanted me to find a pet first. (did I mention I was -very- new at the time? Going west of Dolanaar was an adventure for me at the time) Anyway, so while they waited for me, I was searching through the kitties, passing over each in turn for not being the one I wanted; I had no idea all of the cats with the same name where exactly alike. About the time I was told to "hurry up and just pick one already", I saw her.

Yes, she looked exactly like the others, but she had a name: Duskstalker. The dragon around her picture didn't mean anything to me, aside from marking her as some kind of weird cat. She looked like the others, but this cat, she was the one. I tamed her right away, asking my friends what a "duskstalker" was anyway and what was with the dragon, and then she was mine.

...cue a mad dash to Darnassus for the very first time because oops I hadn't finished me hunter quests and I couldn't feed my new friend. While I'd been hunting I'd been told if pets were unhappy they could run away and not come back, and so the entire trip was a jumble of fear that I was going to take too long and lose my new friend before we ever got started. When I learned my skills right I stuffed her so full of spider legs she probably thought she was going to burst, but it was alright. I had my cat, and it was going to be fine.

...but I guess that really doesn't count as a camp, does it? Eh. Maybe later I'll tell my story about Charlie.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

My first real rare camp was an unsuccessful one for Rak'Shiri back in BC. I would sit my poor, twitchy, pvp-shy self down in Winterspring and wait for as long as I could stand it. I eagle-eyed, I hid from view best as I could, I worked my way up the hillsides to watch and wait with track humanoids on and hearthstone ready. (hate PvP) I never ever caught that cat during my time on that realm.

Loque was my first successful camp, a week of flying in circles, fearing both missing the chance and pvp nuts. I'm so much happier on a PvE realm these days. But with Loque caught, I was bitten. I had to seek other rares. Skoll, Krush, Loque, Snort, Chatter, Old Cliff Jumper, The Rake, Humar, Time-Lost, Madexx, all of that caught my interest ended up on my list. I farmed dust and scrolls like a mad woman before Gezz made a come back so I'd be ready.

Krush was a huge taming milestone for me. But I have to say my most exciting tame was when Shaon took on the challenge of Mosh. A guildie had spotted him in Un'Goro and Petopians were just gathering to check him out. He'd stomp his way back and forth, making his way up to this rock we'd gathered on. He'd eye us, stand a moment, and move on. Watching him, I got this thought, maybe this level 70 something could tame this king of the crater. I let my current Tyrant go, knowing that if this failed, I could get Morok back. So with haste food donated by a guildie, Hubby's priest called in to help with a fear ward and a lot of spine sna some great support from the guild, I started my attempts. I used the same 'send in temp pet, wait for fear, let pet go', tame method that would later (much later) get me Krush. One scorpion and several bewildered gorillas helped me as temps (cannot rightly tame a gorilla to this day). Four tries and one squashed night elf later-don't know who it was, but Mosh stomped him flat-I got that great flash and one much smaller red devilsaur was at my side. He became Morok retamed and I sat back to grin and shake a little bit.
Nevyc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: VentCo

Unread post by Nevyc »

I just spent the better part of an hour reading this thread. Once again, this is a great example of why I love these forums and why I've chosen this class as my main.

Back in 2005, I made Nevyc, at that time an orc hunter. Being an orc, I thought I had to get a wolf. So, upon reaching level 10, I made my way to Trisfal Glades and tamed me a black worg.

My first rare tame was Snort. At the time, I didn't know about Thotbot and things. I just merely thought it was so cool that a mob I could tame had a name, so I wanted him.

Fast forward almost six years, a few hundred days played on my old main, a rogue, and a few dozen played on my hunter, Nevyc, and you come to the launch of Cata. During that time, I realized I lost a lot of what I loved about this game. In fact, the few things I did enjoy involved searching for that perfect pet and shooting a shotgun! So, come Cata I decided to make my hunter my new main. But, I need to find that perfect pet. As luck would have it, turns out with Cata came that perfect pet, a Blue Maddex.

IRL, I have a thing for scorpions. My affinity runs much deeper than just being the most awesome zodiac sign. 8-) To me, scorpions symbolize independence, perseverance and primal energies. All things I feel like I relate to. So-much-so, that after ten-years of formulation, my only tattoo, which I designed, is of a scorpion.

That brings me to this past week, where after months of fly-bys, weeks of partial camping, and days of doing nothing but sitting in the desert beared fruit. I found my Blue Maddex. After the taming-shakes wore off, I took a moment to type in his name, as I had it planned. I call him "Seven" for what I consider obvious reasons. :)
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Welcome to the forums (well the posting-side, anyway!), and I love the story--and everyone else's!

My first rare was my night elf huntress's first pet. My elf was slender and pale with long white hair; I'd decided on the gorgeous white worg as her pet. And of course, Timber was the one to get! As soon as she hit level 10, I took the long trip out to Dun Morogh--remembering, of course, that the only way waaaaay back then to get from Darnassus to Dun Morogh was to go through Wetlands.

Wetlands, as a level 10.

The crocolisks, the spiders, the angryfaced orcs in the mountain passes--taking a wrong turn toward Loch Modan...

Eventually, I got there, and I did find Timber waiting for me. His two buddies tried to whomp me, but in the end I got him; and although my huntress is around level 50 or so, not having been used for a long time, that wolf--Stormwraith--is still her best friend.
firekeeper77

ahhh awesome stories guys! i absolutely fell in love with rakshiri when i saw it on allakhazam. old cliff jumper too, i camped him for a while, but i never really clicked with him the first time :( keep the stories coming! :D
Shuuko
Realm: Scarlet Crusade

Unread post by Shuuko »

My first rare tame...I'll always remember it. I was pretty lax with my hunter, having played one at the start of release, then stopping to pick one up at Wrath time. It was just after you could tame that Worgen when my level 74 hunter waltzed into Grizzly Hills, sat down by the base camp and waited...and waited...and waited. Taking a total of 12 hours and appearing late that night was the big fuzzy ghostly bear himself. A few little goof ups (had to feign death to avoid getting splatted when the trap missed) and ole lovable Arcturis (later named Winston) was mine. Since that day, Winston has always been by my side and helping me level, defeat big mobs, and do the impossible. Ole Winston is what cleared the trash to General Rajaxx on the invasion of Ahn'Qiraji to find Buru the Gorger. He also returned as the veteran of AQ by taking down both the The Prophet Skeram and Battleguard Sartura before sacrificing himself to Fankriss the Unyielding, making it possible to give the Princess a new home.

God bless you Winston.
firekeeper77

arcturis is certainly a beautiful bear, and one of my favorite spirit beasts! :B