Oh cruel fate :C Why must it be brown!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Should the brown Madexx remain?

Yes
46%
No
32%
Remove the common version
22%

Total votes: 72

Scorngrain
Realm: Kel'Thuzad US

Oh cruel fate :C Why must it be brown!

Unread post by Scorngrain »

I'm not much into camping pets, so I'm one of those hunters who checks the spawn once or twice a day, and Madexx, I must say, Has been the most elusive. So elusive, that he's the LAST of the Cata rares that I have to add to my collection, and not 5 minutes ago, NPCscan goes off and my lengthy wait is finally over, or so I thought as I look down at the box in disappointment as the Spinning scorpid image is BROWN

The most useless of the Madexx colors since the adding of the common spawn, Madexx knockoff.
So now I carry in my bags a Crystalline tear, to remind me of the scorpid that could have been...
Can anyone else relate? /discuss

And on that note, I'll add a poll for your quick opinion on what should be done, if anything.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Oh cruel fate :C Why must it be brown!

Unread post by Azunara »

*sighs.*

I need to carry around a sign that says, "Leave Madexx alone!"

It's simple. You have Madexx, who spawns as brown sometimes. There is another brown scorpion nearby. You can tame either. Ta-da. It's like King Mosh. You can have the rare, or the normal brown devilsaur a few yards away. Some people want the rare, even though there's a common skin nearby.

Live and let live. Let Madexx be. Hunters wanted challenging tames. Blizzard gave us challenging tames. And now people are upset. And if you don't think it's a challenge because it's luck based, fine. But then, arguably, aren't all rares luck and not challenge? Can you then no longer call Terrorpene or Krush challenges, because it's more luck based?

Yeah. My take on it.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

The Bronze Madexx is beautiful. At first, I wasnt thrilled with him but then he spawned 4 times in a row....he wanted to come home with me. I tamed him and kept him. After that, I've seen other madexxes in other colors, plus my bronze tanked all of BT.

If anything....remove the common skin and lower the spawn timer to 6 - 10 hrs.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

The brown madexx, oddly enough, inspired me to tame it and go for red when I bumbled onto it in the desert, waving her pincers about. I think I like the 1-6 hour respawn idea the best. This 5.5-24+ thing is redonk, especially given that he spawns in a very busy area for gatherers and questers.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Novikova wrote:The brown madexx, oddly enough, inspired me to tame it and go for red when I bumbled onto it in the desert, waving her pincers about. I think I like the 1-6 hour respawn idea the best. This 5.5-24+ thing is redonk, especially given that he spawns in a very busy area for gatherers and questers.
Yeah. It drives me nuts.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Just for the record.... I did not start this thread.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Personally, if you didn't want it, I think you should have left it alone. Judging by the replies, not everyone dislikes the brown one.

And my two copper- at least you've SEEN the blasted thing. I'm at zilch. :|

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I think you should have either tamed it or found a hunter to tame it.. or just left it alone.. not everyone dislikes the brown madexx, its not her fault shes gotten around and made little babies! I mean.. shes just the wild child of the bunch!

and pent.. not necessary as that can be clearly seen and just pretty much pointless to point out.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

RNG is RNG - no need to set someone else back a beautiful pet just because you think it's useless. Quite a few of us here would have gladly taken him.

I'm getting tired of this whole 'Brown Madexx is somehow less special than the other Madexxes!!1!' train of thought. It just plays into the "unique" rare-collector mentality I suppose. Keep your blues and blacks and reds and greens, but quit trash-talking brown. :/ You guys are killing his self-esteem!

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I'm all for leaving Madexx alone. I love that he is such a random tame, and don't feel all that much sympathy for Hunters who obsessively camp one colour and then moan when they get one (or all of) the other four, because there are hunters out there who don't even HAVE a Madexx.

I would also rather they didn't remove the common skin, since Blizzard did a kind deed in making the model available in brown to those people who love it, but don't have the time/interest/desire to camp him.

I wouldn't mind lowering his spawn timer, however, since it seems a little unfair that they plonked such a desirable rare down in the middle of a high traffic area, where he will likely be murdered or tamed within minutes, if not seconds.

I'm sorry to hear you killed him, Scorngrain since, as the others have pointed out, not everybody dislikes brown Madexx, and some hunter could have been made very happy with a skin that you consider pointless.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'm disappointed that you killed him as well. I mean, with a low level rare, it's kind of whatever because they respawn within a matter of minutes usually...but Madexx is a highly sought after rare. I'm sure someone would have wanted to give him/her a good home. :(

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Arrothin
Realm: Lothar

Unread post by Arrothin »

I wanted the brown initialy as well so i can understand. Second to the brown my favorite was black. Madexx came up blue for me one day on my first trip to Uldum, tamed him immediately. A week later he pops up in black this time. I debated "upgrading" but ultimetly decided on calling a friend over to tame it, since i was aiming for brown anyways. Lo and behold the brown skin is no longer unique and now i wish i had the black. Would i do it differently if i had a second chance? Nope. My buddy loves his black madexx and the two look awesome side by side. And the blue is starting to grow on me. Not that i wouldnt trade it for a red if i so happen to come across it when theres no other hunters camping it out. :D
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

If anything....remove the common skin and lower the spawn timer to 6 - 10 hrs.
NO NO NO. The respawn could be lowered, agreed, but... Leave the common version alone! Change its colouring if needed but at LEAST allow others to grab the model without camping!

Still don't understand why everyone says "REMOVE THE BROWN COMMON SPAWN". It honestly just seems a tad selfish. There's people out there who DON'T have the time to camp in Uldum! I'm juggling a degree and would rather do something fun with my limited time as opposed to staring blankly at an in-game desert for days/weeks/months. Madexx is such a difficult camp and is likely the easiest to miss a spawn with. Barring folk from one of the best lookin' scorpid models around is a tad harsh. If people want a rare version of the model, fantabulous for them, but let others pick up the common one if they'd prefer to spare themselves from a grizzly camping experience. :( Not everyone has that much time to spend on endless camping!

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine. :(

Edit: This isn't aimed at anyone in particular! It's just a gripe.

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I agree with you Vasken. While I did camp for my Madexx, I'd hate for the common one to be taken away; that's just selfish. I love the way Madexx looks and would rather not feel the need to camp him on every alt that wants him; I'm actually looking at picking up the brown common skin in the future for one of my lowbies when they get high enough. :)

The people who tamed the brown Madexx will know that they tamed Madexx and that's what matters. :D Just like my Yzma went out and tamed Humar as a baby; people may think he's pitch when she's of that level, but I know he's Humar.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Macha wrote:Personally, if you didn't want it, I think you should have left it alone. Judging by the replies, not everyone dislikes the brown one.

And my two copper- at least you've SEEN the blasted thing. I'm at zilch. :|
This ^^

I loved the brown /bronze and would have taken him /her in a heartbeat!!!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

Face, meet palm.

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

I don't even like Madexx yet this thread makes me sad =( Give the brown one some love!

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

The bronze should stay, but I would be all for lowering the respawn timer. Or, at least make it more consistent. 5.5-24 hours is really rather crazy, especially given the area (as so many have said before me). Having a common one is great for people who don't want to camp it, so they should be left alone. Really, I think everything is fine as-is with the exception of the respawn timer.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Gemmuh
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Gemmuh »

I personally have no problem with the brown Madexx, but when I found out there was a common version, that colour became less desireable. But, thankfully, after weeks of camping I finally got my black one <3

And I agree with the others that say that taking the common one away or making it so that the brown isn't rare.. is rather selfish. You don't like it? Fine. I don't like it, but it doesn't mean no one else should be deprived of it.

At first, yeah I though the common one should go or that Madexx shouldn't spawn in brown anymore, but then I thought about it and it does seem wrong to take it away from people that want the rare in that colour, or people who don't have the time to camp and take away the common.
sabiitoothtiger
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by sabiitoothtiger »

You killed him? I'm sorry but that's so, so selfish. There most definitely could have been a Hunter around the area looking for Madexx that would have loved him regardless of color. For shame! I hope you've sold that tear away :( I'd never want the evil thing tainting up my bags!

These posts about hating the brown Madexx are really killing me though, just like Nubhorns had been saying. He deserves a loving home no mater what color exoskeleton he's flaunting that day.