Favorite Pet?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vonfaustus
Realm: Darrowmere

Favorite Pet?

Unread post by Vonfaustus »

Hey, I'm a newb (both to WoW and this board). I'm going to ask a question which I'm absolutely certain has been asked a million times on these boards: What is your favorite pet? This can be a specific pet/skin or an entire family. I'm really curious to see what other people use. I'm using cats for the most part at the moment. That will most likely change as I level, though (I'm at level 38). My currently active pets are Amphion the black lion (Humar) and Zathos, the white lion (Eecheyakee). All but 2 or 3 of my pets are rares/spawned. At my level, not many people have rare pets, so I get a lot of comments. XD
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Re: Favorite Pet?

Unread post by Nubhorns »

On my main, I'm rarely out and about without my brown armored boar, Torque. He's not fancy and he's not on fire(ugh), but I love him all the same and he makes a fantastic tank, to boot. :)

On Caboodle, Braxley her gray tarantula is easily my favorite. I have Kit(Echeyakee) and Crow(Humar) and a currently unnamed Gosh-Haldir, but nothing makes me smile quite like a tauren with a pet spider.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

No doubt about it...

If I don't have my Sharptooth out, I will start to miss him. He's pretty much become my hunter's mascot. And it's not because he's rare or anything (I didn't even have to camp for him); I just love his colors, his animations, and I'm a huge dinosaur nerd. I've gotten quite attached to the big oaf.
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

I only tame my favourite pets! ... They're all my favourites in all honesty, even if the majority of them are none-rares. Don't have room in my stables for pets I don't utterly adore, even if it results in several missing buffs! :D

A few I'm especially attatched to:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

My favourite pets are carrion birds, however. I adore every single carrion bird skin and would gladly tame (and use) them all if I had 'zee room! Have the majority of their skins spread across three hunters. For their age, their model is suprisingly 'pretty' and non-pixelated and they've got such character! :lol: Als- I'll stop.

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Vonfaustus
Realm: Darrowmere

Unread post by Vonfaustus »

I think, based on what I've read, I've been extremely fortunate with all of my pets. I've only had to camp for 1 rare, and that was only for 5 minutes before he re-spawned (Shadowclaw in Darkshore). Eecheyakee was probably the hardest thus far. I had to go on my Tauren paladin, level up to 10 (I don't play with him much xD) spawn the quest, logoff, login to Vonfaustus and tame. But, again, that took hardly any time.
Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

I love my Galvatron (Sambas) the most right now. I love how fluffy his mane looks, I love his eyes and I just find him very pleasant to look at. I know he's quite new but I just really like his model.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

My two most beloved pets have to be:
Image Image
Skidi (Loque, named after my cat) has been my companion since the very start of wotlk and is the pet who will always join me in BM spec. For survival, Fuji (named after my dog) is the wolf I've played the most with since the model became tamable. I don't think I've got any of my older pets in the stables anymore, I had a spiny red raptor for absolutely ages, but he got replaced by Fuji.
Then there's Image and Image who join me in for soloing dungeons, but they tend to stay in their Call Pet boxes otherwise. :P

All of them though, I'm very attached to because of various different adventures I have had with them in the past. I am a rare collector, but in the end these four tend to get chosen over all the others, not for their skin, but for the memories I've got of them.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Favorite pet(s):

1) Old Cliff Jumper
2) Deathmaw
3) Snarler
4) King Krush
5) Terrorpene

Okay I could keep listing.. but I'm going to stop there because if I don't I'm pretty sure I'll list everything on petopia... or close to it. :D
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Strider Clutchmother of course! =P Hahadori never leaves the first active slot.

I'm attached to most of the other pets in my stables, but two of them are usually in my active slots when soloing which are my red lynx Ackee and my teal ravager Vakasa.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Squake
Realm: Sporeggar

Unread post by Squake »

Karoma!! Favorite!!! Just LOVE:

Squake - Sporeggar EU

My Pets

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

On Shade it would be Fai (Loque'nahak), Marrok (Karoma), and Hel (Snarler).

On Gypsi the faves are Kníght (white bear), Abaddon (Snarler) and Valentine (Pogeyan).

on Kitsuné the fave is Inari (Ashtail) and Dragonseti (white croc).
Amayane
Realm: EU Gilneas

Unread post by Amayane »

As BM: Skoll, Karoma, King Krush

As Survival: Wolves (especially my Anuk (white coyote model), he was the first pet i tamed), Foxes, Birds / Vultures, Tallstriders, Brown Hyena and Dogs, Raptors
Carmindy
Realm: Maiev

Unread post by Carmindy »

Loque takes top slot, closely followed by Humar and the Ironhide Devilsaur. These three carried me through the game. But I am also very fond of ghost sabers.
Koona
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by Koona »

1)Karoma
2)Gondria
3)Loque'nahak
4)Old Cliff Jumper
5)Sambas

First of all, I've always wanted to get the "ghost wolf" that used to be tameable back in BC. But they removed it. I was just really hoping they would use the skin for another spirit beast and I got so excited when I learned about Karoma. This is why I so wanted that pet! XD Gondria, she's just a real beauty!!! Loque'nahak: I love him because he was the first Spirit Beast and his skin is just amazing. :) Old Cliff Jumper: I got him like ...what 3 days ago? But I've always wanted to get the beauty! He has such a beautiful color! :D Sambas: He reminds me of Aslan, enough said.

Kaïna <3

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

All my hunters are split, pretty much, between what I'd consider the 'favorite pet' just now.

For Kurasu, my favorite pets would be Suresh my white serpent (he actually doesn't get out as often, but he's still very beloved to me), Cheshire my Arcturis Spirit Beast Bear, and Grinch my Death Ravager who is starting to bond with me in dungeons.

For Aloicious, I've a fair number of favorites. The three main ones that come to mind are Carmen his green CataCroc, Timothy the grey scorpid, and Sonja the red lynx.

Nimhar is easily Ginger the Helboar for #1, though #2 is tied between Jack the tallstrider, and Poccamanxa the rhino.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Firewing (Main Hunter, CC)

Moonlight: Rak'shiri
Iorek: Armored Wolf
Bayne: King Krush

Terania (BE, CC):

Phoenix: Starter Dragonhawk
Blackjack: Ebon raptor (Formerly Goreclaw.)

Ivika: (Worgen, CC)

Daius: Mastiff
Strix: Grey owl

Solaira: (Human, CC)

Ghost: White wolf
Scylla: Golden Boar

Azunara (BE, Nesignwary.)

Maurice: Dusky nightsaber kitty.
Ralanost
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Ralanost »

I honestly couldn't tell you. Way back in vanilla I loved Araga and the Scarlet Tracking Hound ( when it was a red hyena ). They took some effort to get and level up and no one else had them. Now, with such a large stable and assortment of pets, I don't feel much attachment to any of my pets atm. I miss having that connection. =(
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Ralanost wrote:Now, with such a large stable and assortment of pets, I don't feel much attachment to any of my pets atm. I miss having that connection. =(
Well, you could always trim your stable down and just limit yourself to a handful of pets? :)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Kurasu's got a good point...'tis nice to have a 'spring cleaning' now and again.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Zevona
Realm: Korialstrasz and Nesingwary

Unread post by Zevona »

My hunters are currently 40 and 7, so I have aspirational favorites... I will be getting one of the sabers in Winterspring, and one of the dragonhawks in Netherstorm. Right now my favorite would have to be Ghamoo-ra (ancient turtle boss in Blackfathom Deeps)