Over 2 days

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ironale
Realm: Silvermoon

Over 2 days

Unread post by Ironale »

Well im typing this while alt tabbed. Im camping Arcturis and its been over 8 hours so far. Havn't seen hide nor hair of the little blue bastard yet. Im starving but i just know when i go get some food he'll spawn -_- Does anyone know his spawn timers?
Last edited by Ironale on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Re: Over 8 hours

Unread post by Tilo »

on ysera it was about 19-24hrs...
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Ironale

Unread post by Ironale »

Thing is theres no telling when someone killed him last >:(
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

I am in a similar boat, I sat there doing 6 hours per evening and 1 and a half per morning each day except Monday this week, and not a sign. Hopefully he'll spawn soon. His time is meant to be something like 6-36 hours, very skewy and possibly very long as well.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Ironale

Unread post by Ironale »

He was the first spirit beast i got on my orc and i feel a real bond with him. I need him and iv made a pact to not level any further until i have him
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

as long as there are 3 other rares up in northrend, there is no chance for him to spawn. enlist friends to go on a killing spree!

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Vetiver wrote:as long as there are 3 other rares up in northrend, there is no chance for him to spawn. enlist friends to go on a killing spree!
I wish I had a group of 20+ people to go out and camp the spawn points to see, because I have heard so many different stories about that thing, that I don't believe any of it.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

I do that myself using my main, I often go and kill 3-4 rares each time I start camping but it doesn't seen to make a difference. During my Arcturis camps I've killed Seething Hate 3 times and the other two Grizzly Hills rares once each, Hildana Deathstealer twice, Fumblumb Gearwind twice, Icehorn once, Terror Spinner once, plus more, but none of it has made Arcturis spawn.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Vetiver wrote:as long as there are 3 other rares up in northrend, there is no chance for him to spawn. enlist friends to go on a killing spree!
This has been proven to be incorrect, actually. Many times over.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Maladramatic

Unread post by Maladramatic »

Kurasu wrote:

Yet oddly, it's worked for me several times.
Ironale

Unread post by Ironale »

coming onto 12 hours now and no arcturis
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maladramatic wrote:
Kurasu wrote:
Yet oddly, it's worked for me several times.
Coincidence. I know for a fact there are no such ties between rare spawns in Northrend. Basically, you went away for a while and did something else, came back and, voila, your rare had spawned in the meantime.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Teevo »

This isn't true. I just recently got my Frostbitten achievement, and one of the mornings during my flyby's I killed 4 off my list. Whether its been changed, or bumped up to maybe 5 up at once.. I dont know. All I can say is I killed 4 rare spawns within 10min of each other.

But good luck on Arcturis, I've heard nightmare stories of people trying to get him.. and others get him with ease. It heavily fluctuates.

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

On thr 4.0.6 PTR, I casually took a flight around Northrend and clocked... 18, I believe it was, rares up.

If you want, I can install NPCscan, clear my cache, and do it again for 4.1. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Kurasu wrote:On thr 4.0.6 PTR, I casually took a flight around Northrend and clocked... 18, I believe it was, rares up.

lol thats crazy. But... I really doubt thats possible on *live* servers. I just dont see Blizz allowing 18 rare mobs up in Northrend at once. /shrug

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

Kurasu wrote:On thr 4.0.6 PTR, I casually took a flight around Northrend and clocked... 18, I believe it was, rares up.

the ptr might work differently for testing purposes, but the guy who runs tlpdresource.com did a 9 hour experiment with a bunch of friends and basically confirmed the "only 3 up at a time" rule for northrend. i have also found this to be true when doing northrend sweeps in a group.

from the tlpdresource.com FAQ:

1. i wanted to ask you about your "rare spawn cap" theory that only 3 rare elites can be spawned over all of northrend at once, because i noticed on your kill times there was a point where vyra spawned less than 6 hours from her last spawn time

First, concerning the rare spawn cap I speak of. This has been mentioned and discussed on forums - I don't have the patience to go back and find links for examples, but I will however explain how we explored this theory and tested it for ourselves. During the time in Storm Peaks on Undermine and the following weeks of helping other campers get what they were after, we met people who were going after Frostbitten. Various discussions including the theorized rare spawn cap took place and we decided to plan a night to get as many people online as we could and drop an entire night into seeing if we could figure this out.

There were a little over 25 of us, I forget exactly how many. We spent the first hour locating some rares, found 3. Luckily they weren't tameable so we were able to pay people off to not kill them and sat on them while we checked rare spots in the zones we were covering. The 3 rares were watched as the rest of us flew around trying to find any other rares for a good 9 hours. Nothing new. So we killed crystalbark, and within just a handfull of minutes bonecarver spawned out in grizzly hills. We killed another and the zul'drak sentinel spawned shortly after. We waited an hour with those 3 up before killing more, not finding anything. Then we killed one and very shortly after another spawned. So, regardless of people claiming 5, we think it's 3. Well, I do. A few people argued it could all just be chance but barely any of us wanted to do that again. After all, it was a lot of dead time.

And even though I believe it's 3, I put 3-5 on the facts page just so hopefully I wont get angry emails or comments in-game that I'm an idiot and it's 5. Sigh.

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

Teevo wrote:
This isn't true. I just recently got my Frostbitten achievement, and one of the mornings during my flyby's I killed 4 off my list. Whether its been changed, or bumped up to maybe 5 up at once.. I dont know. All I can say is I killed 4 rare spawns within 10min of each other.

But good luck on Arcturis, I've heard nightmare stories of people trying to get him.. and others get him with ease. It heavily fluctuates.

if you killed one, and ten mins later killed the 4th, that is because the 4th one spawned several minutes after you killed the first one :D

Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Teevo »

Vetiver wrote:
Teevo wrote:

if you killed one, and ten mins later killed the 4th, that is because the 4th one spawned several minutes after you killed the first one :D
This is possible, and yes I am aware of the TLPD site and read it over thoroughly during my beginning weeks of camping for it. As for being a fact either way: no one can prove it, unless you get the required 23 or so people to stand and camp in each rare spawn area over the course of lets say.. a week.. and do a research study on it, heh. So since that will never be done... I'll agree and say that yes, most of the time only 3 rares in Northrend will be up at once.. but I wouldnt go as far as saying 4 or 5 is out of the question.

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Meh, I think there can be more than 3-4 rares up in Northrend at any given time... because I think of it this way...

Let's say there are a total of 30 rares in Northrend, and a group of 10 people go out and just start slaughtering rares and they kill all 30 (all keep spawning because one after another was killed) in less then 30min...

When will the first rare, after the 30 are killed, respawn? Is it a constant 3 up at all times? Where are the respawn timers?

IMO, there are times that NO rares are up in Northrend, and then there are a few occasions where there could easily be 10+ up at the same time.

I do not personally know Ponderance even though I am on the same server as he is, but I can not whole-heartedly agree with him on his findings for one reason... How does he know that just because it seemed that the rares were like that when he was doing his research that they are ALWAYS like that?

You can't prove anything as fact unless you are constantly watching it.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Pent wrote:Meh, I think there can be more than 3-4 rares up in Northrend at any given time... because I think of it this way...

Let's say there are a total of 30 rares in Northrend, and a group of 10 people go out and just start slaughtering rares and they kill all 30 (all keep spawning because one after another was killed) in less then 30min...

When will the first rare, after the 30 are killed, respawn? Is it a constant 3 up at all times? Where are the respawn timers?

IMO, there are times that NO rares are up in Northrend, and then there are a few occasions where there could easily be 10+ up at the same time.

I do not personally know Ponderance even though I am on the same server as he is, but I can not whole-heartedly agree with him on his findings for one reason... How does he know that just because it seemed that the rares were like that when he was doing his research that they are ALWAYS like that?

You can't prove anything as fact unless you are constantly watching it.

Well, the spawn timers are still in action. If you kill Loque and he is on a 6-12 hour spawn, he will still be unable to spawn for at least 6 hours, meaning that if you obliterated all those rares, there would likely be no rares up for the next ~6 hours, when three would come off their timer and likely pop up. There doesn't *need* to be a rare spawn up at any one time, however the (assumed) maximum is 3-5. That's how you get rares to spawn faster (in theory)... you shorten their timer to the smallest possible value until they pop.

There is no way to solidly prove it I suppose, but in considering this - Ponderance and co. have unravelled both TLPD and Aeonaxx... sure, there was info to begin with, but 95% of it was rubbish. It's really amazing what they've done. So when faced with Ponderance Argument vs Other Argument I'm personally inclined to follow the former... at least until it's proven otherwise (over a long stretch of time, on live, assuming that rares will pop *eventually* if they meet the max spawn time allowed on their timers, which would answer for the PTR finds). It would also explain some of the disgusting 30-ish hour Arcturis camps, etc.

But yeah. Just my feelings on the matter. ^^; Could be totally wrong but thus far it hasn't done me much harm. A friend and I are camping TLPD and both of us notice a bit of a spawn time decrease when she sends her bf's toon around to kill some mobs.