Male Reproductive Health [explicit]

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Male Reproductive Health [explicit]

Unread post by Redith »

I am all about equal oportunity and allthough there may be less gents in the audience we should get our own thread as well.
Lets start with my new situation.
I have been in a relationship with an AWESOME young lady who I like very much, and besides kissing have not been physically intimate with. Thats because in our talks I have found out she has been with many men. I would like to get us BOTH tested for STDs but I dont know how to nicely bring up the topic without her thinking that I think she may or may not have something.
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Male Reproductive Health [explicit]

Unread post by AdamSavage »

You could use an previous ex as an excuse to get tested.
Last edited by AdamSavage on Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

I'd say just flat out ask her, but I'm a tad bit blunt on things.

And if she freaked out and was like why? I'd just tell her "Everything you told me worries me, and I'd feel a lot better about it."

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

AdamSavage wrote:The female version making you squirm eh redith ?
Eh havent read theirs. My moms a OBGYN I know more about ladies bodies then any non medical male should know.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Redith wrote:Eh havent read theirs. My moms a OBGYN I know more about ladies bodies then any non medical male should know.
:lol: :mrgreen:

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

There is nothing wrong with being tested, it's your responsibility to be mature and to act accordingly. If she doesn't want to have the test, do not then feel pressured into progressing further if you don't want to. Condoms, both male and female exist not just to stop pregnancy. However I would question any partner that would refuse to get tested...

Condoms can be considered a pain and a nuisance to use by some, however that merely requires a little forward thinking and making the whole thing fun and part of the moment :)

Take her for a nice dinner, or make it yourself and bring the subject up. Maybe by saying you've already taken the test (so be the good guy and lead by example) and would like her to do the same.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

SgtMakkie wrote:There is nothing wrong with being tested, it's your responsibility to be mature and to act accordingly. If she doesn't want to have the test, do not then feel pressured into progressing further if you don't want to. Condoms, both male and female exist not just to stop pregnancy. However I would question any partner that would refuse to get tested...
^ This! A thousand times this! :) Hopefully she'll realize that you aren't trying to insult/insinuate anything and will be willing to get tested. Besides, if I was her I would WANT to know if I had any STD's! Good luck! :)
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

SgtMakkie wrote:If she doesn't want to have the test, do not then feel pressured into progressing further if you don't want to. Condoms, both male and female exist not just to stop pregnancy.
True, but condoms really weren't designed to stop STDs. For example, you're still vulnerable to genital herpes. So while condoms are a good idea, they are no excuse to not get tested for STDs.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Cialbi wrote:
SgtMakkie wrote:If she doesn't want to have the test, do not then feel pressured into progressing further if you don't want to. Condoms, both male and female exist not just to stop pregnancy.
True, but condoms really weren't designed to stop STDs. For example, you're still vulnerable to genital herpes. So while condoms are a good idea, they are no excuse to not get tested for STDs.
Not to mention...well lets be real, theres some places you cant put a condom on ya know lol.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

My only advice would be to focus on the medical side and be careful about the moral side of the equation. In my experience, both women and men can get defensive about the idea that you think they have a disease, but women are also sensitive to the idea that you might be judging them for having had sex with "too many" men. So it will be a little awkward anyway, but separating out the non-medical bits will help. If you do have non-medical reservations about her history, I'd suggest saving that for a later discussion.

Edit: And great idea to start this thread!
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Edited /removed by me.
Last edited by zedxrgal on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Krysannis
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal
Location: Austin. The greatest city in the world.... well, at least in Texas

Unread post by Krysannis »

If I was her the fact that you care more about your health than getting laid would be an amazing sign. Unless she knows she has an std she won't get upset about it. Most guys would go with the "hell at least I'd die happy" method. Take her out to lunch then ask her, tell her you'll even go first, then when the test comes out negative (which I hope it does for your sake!) you still have all night together ;)
Siggy made by the wonderful lilatha
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Redith wrote:
Cialbi wrote:
Not to mention...well lets be real, theres some places you cant put a condom on ya know lol.
It depends how you do it :P

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

Redith wrote:I am all about equal oportunity and allthough there may be less gents in the audience we should get our own thread as well.
Lets start with my new situation.
I have been in a relationship with an AWESOME young lady who I like very much, and besides kissing have not been physically intimate with. Thats because in our talks I have found out she has been with many men. I would like to get us BOTH tested for STDs but I dont know how to nicely bring up the topic without her thinking that I think she may or may not have something.
I don't know if there's a better way to address it, but in my previous relationship I just straight out said that I wanted both of us to get tested before I got any more involved with the relationship.. In fact, i'm way too cautious so I think this would most probably be a requirement for any future relationship(s) that I may/may not become involved in. Seems perfectly reasonable in my opinion..

I'd just say it's better to be safe rather than sorry, and that if you both get tested it kinda shows that you're both serious about the relationship.

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

So i did what you guys said and you know what? She was WAY uber into getting tested. Both of us are clean as a whistle. And just in time too...its been 2 weeks since we started dating...That was our "Cant have sex until then" deadline.

In slightly related news, Guys if you have been having pretty much a "Naughty day" where you have allready had sex twice allready in five hours, opt NOT for the "Extended Pleasure" condom.....lol
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Excellent! I'm glad that worked out well. (The talking to her, I mean.)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yay!

What went wrong with the extended pleasure one? 0.o

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Redith »

Saturo wrote:Yay!

What went wrong with the extended pleasure one? 0.o
Too much extend, not enough pleasure...Basicly it numbs your feeling down there, its made for "Minute men" if you know what I mean....Thing is after haveing 2 orgasams in about 4 hours even those guys would naturally would last longer.anyway....well add that to the numb gel and you get....No feeling.
Good thing for my girl..bad thing for me. after 30 minutes and im still umm..excited and she has allready got her pleasure and is now so sensitive after I cant even touch her ARM!
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

How did you not know that's what extended pleasure did? lol

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

In fairness, it doesn't say for her or what they mean. That said, there are options to order condoms online (even anonymously if you're squeamish and the place I like doesn't even show their full name on your bills) if the ones at the store don't work for you.

Also, apparently scientists are working on a birth control pill for men and/or a radio operated valve for sperm. To me the radio thing sounds hilarious. 'Sperm ON! Sperm OFF!'
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!