Patch 4.1/4.2 - Winged Lion Mount?

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Patch 4.1/4.2 - Winged Lion Mount?

Unread post by Lisaara »

Oh I was just making a point when someone was basically telling me "Quit bitching about it". I don't take kindly to it. I was being as tame as possible about it.

If it was in the Blizzard store, it'd be much more accessible to people than it would be as the ICC drakes.

I know it sucks but to tell someone to suck it up is kinda rude too. ;)

@Adam: It was a bit of an exaggeration, Adam. Didn't mean literally but there is some guilds that big too.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

The blizzard store mounts can be gifted. Surely everyone knows someone with a credit card ? ;) Give them the money and they use there CC. It would however be nice to able to walk into Best Buy or somewhere and buy it using some code.
Last edited by AdamSavage on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Or a debit card. Thats what i use :P
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

AdamSavage wrote:The blizzard store mounts can be gifted. Surely everyone knows someone with a credit card ? ;)

Funny you should say that, my friends whom did not have a credit card, I actually gifted them both the mount and companions as presents too, made Christmas much easier :)

AdamSavage wrote:It would however be nice to able to walk into Best Buy or somewhere and buy it using some code.

That's not a bad idea actually, would make it much more accessible.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:The blizzard store mounts can be gifted. Surely everyone knows someone with a credit card ? ;)

Funny you should say that, my friends whom did not have a credit card, I actually gifted them both the mount and companions as presents too, made Christmas much easier :)

AdamSavage wrote:It would however be nice to able to walk into Best Buy or somewhere and buy it using some code.

I use my debit card. You open a bank account and you automatically get a card and truthfully unless you dont have a bank account, you DO have a card to use. :3

The code thing does sound neat.

LisaaraPokefarm

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Jessibelle wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:

I use my debit card. You open a bank account and you automatically get a card and truthfully unless you dont have a bank account, you DO have a card to use. :3

The code thing does sound neat.
It wouldn't be hard for them to do either. It could work the same way the time cards do.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

Hmm.

I actually got the ICC wyrm and the Ulduar drakes back in WoTLK. And I have to say... I want more epic rep grind mounts, like the Netherwing. Yes, it's a fantastic feeling of accomplishment to ride your awesome mount around and know all the work you put into it during raids... but meh. There should be other ways to get awesome ones too. :( Give it a storyline, let us know WHY we'd be riding the mount imo. Instead of just "you did lots of hard things! Magically a frostwyrm, DUN DUN DUN" etc.

Anyway, here's hoping it's not raid related. Or a really low drop percentage. That bothers me too lol
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Blizz needs to hire Aquillian. I'm really getting tired of this idea that mounts that are really cool are raid exclusive or purchasable for real money. With how much awesome progress they made with story telling in cata its past time for a mount to be obtainable like that. But we still don't know how its obtainable and last time I complained about mounts being all raid only the released sparkle pony :lol:
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Bulletdance wrote:Blizz needs to hire Aquillian. I'm really getting tired of this idea that mounts that are really cool are raid exclusive or purchasable for real money. With how much awesome progress they made with story telling in cata its past time for a mount to be obtainable like that. But we still don't know how its obtainable and last time I complained about mounts being all raid only the released sparkle pony :lol:
hey I dont mind it being bought. XD

but I dont want it to be netherwing grinding. That is evil......

Now if they had a daily or a questline for it, I could dig it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Im still praying its a reputation grind. For the guild discussion for this, my guild is only lvl 3 1/2 since Cata came out because we have only 3-4 members online if we're lucky everyday. I love my guild to death, we have formed really close bonds with eachother so i dont dare dump them for the bigger guild full of trade trolls, rude abusers, known gankers of horde auctioneers even though they themselves have several horde characters in same guild as i am speaking about. People are now starting to hit lvl 20+ but except for one single guild which is hell-bent on raiding (which i do not do), they are the only guild that i could possibly get a character into for such rewards and i refuse to subject myself to the stress and the bulls*it that they perform on a daily basis.

Yes it was my choice to enter this tiny guild and yes we have tried to recruit people into it, describing its a small tight-knit family-style community but everyone leaves a day or two later. Blizzard I feel personally did not take into account the guilds full of good warm-hearted people like mine (who has actually existed ever since Wyrmrest Accord first was a playable server) who struggle to make themselves known in a world of idiots who care nothing for the social friend-making aspect of the game and care only for the amazing raid and now, guild acheivments that are offered by these terrible but efficent at leveling guilds who are swallowing up everyone who enters the game like some enormous sponge. We even lost a few of our really close guildies because they decided they'd rather join the 'rude and abusive' guild so they can grind their rep to honored with that guild and grab BoA gear and the amazing lvl 20 guild perks.

For the Blizzard Store issue, i still stand by my idea that computer-only items (in-game pets, the mount) in there are still waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. I have only bought an authenticator to keep my account safe and ONLY because i had leftover money that Itunes would absolutely not accept even though i had just used the Vanilla Mastercard i had, i bought a pandaren monk.

I love the game and i love my guild which is why i continue to play the game and even though my account is currently expired, once my stepdad and i are back on our feet after his near-hospitalization and the lost of a few thousand dollars in medicine and work hours, i do plan to return to warcraft in the next month or so. This mount is absolutely gorgeous and i cannot wait to see the final result but i am in truth getting extremely fed up with the Raid-Only, the 0.01% Drop Rate, and the "Oh you can only get this mount if you can manage to get your guild to LVL 25. Good luck with that, hopefully if your lucky, the 3-4 players you have online will have it by the 4th expansion"

Edit: I like Jessi's idea about the daily quest grind, it'd be awesome to see it grow up from a baby imo
Last edited by Chimera on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

You know... Now that I think about, when was the last time we had a rep grind for a mount like the Nether Drake? Where we did the dailies everyday JUST to get a cool mount? I know there have been reps in the past that had mounts. I remember how proud I was to finally get one back in BC. Makes it accessible for everyone!

...Or they could just add it into a faction somewhere. X) Looked kinda Tol'vir...ish to me, but I guess that may be due to the model.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal: Kinda like the pebble daily or the Wintersaber daily(the new one). Oh that would be too cute! <3

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Well, I just can't wait to see it in full colour and animation, hopfully it will live up to everyone expectations.

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
but I dont want it to be netherwing grinding. That is evil......
:lol: LOL Talu, why dont they just make it that when you log in to your character next, it's just waiting in your mail box for you... I guess you'd have to click on mail to access it though... kinda sounds inconvenient....
Hey I wont complain if they wanna gift me with it......Dont look a gift horse in the mouth....XD C'mon, would you send it back if they randomly just gave it to you?

If they do make it netherwing grinding, it better be a hell of a lot better cause the dailies for them were extremely limited and finding eggs was a pain in the arse....xD

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Ive never done the Pebble Daily since i had yet to see the questline.... Ive always shown up in Deepholm in the wrong time :( Managed to snatch Jadefangs daily the second day i hit 85 and caught her as a pet the morning after but havent seen pebbles daily ._. i usually camped madexx once i completed uldum quests till i went and flew around for Karoma/Sambas for 4 days, got ghostcrawler a few min before i got sambas, then went back to camp madexx till i started rolling alts xP

Theres a new Wintersaber Daily? The thread about the changes at Winterpsring rock, new cubs, new cat skins, it wasnt very clear to me that the daily was also changed-- i thought it was people asking or guessing.

I think doing that kinda thing for this winged lion mount AND the ZULIAN TIGER (hint hint HINT........) would be awesome (lol moar cats needed for horde side, we crazy cat ladies are dying over here!!!!)

Netherwing grinding as Jessi mentioned about hunting the eggs.... .... I seriously dreamed for a week straight about finding and looting eggs all over Netherwing Ledge and waking up thinking i actually did loot them in the game. It was my first dragon mount EVER so i was extremely obsessed over it lol.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:Ive never done the Pebble Daily since i had yet to see the questline.... Ive always shown up in Deepholm in the wrong time :( Managed to snatch Jadefangs daily the second day i hit 85 and caught her as a pet the morning after but havent seen pebbles daily ._. i usually camped madexx once i completed uldum quests till i went and flew around for Karoma/Sambas for 4 days, got ghostcrawler a few min before i got sambas, then went back to camp madexx till i started rolling alts xP

Theres a new Wintersaber Daily? The thread about the changes at Winterpsring rock, new cubs, new cat skins, it wasnt very clear to me that the daily was also changed-- i thought it was people asking or guessing.

I think doing that kinda thing for this winged lion mount AND the ZULIAN TIGER (hint hint HINT........) would be awesome (lol moar cats needed for horde side, we crazy cat ladies are dying over here!!!!)

Netherwing grinding as Jessi mentioned about hunting the eggs.... .... I seriously dreamed for a week straight about finding and looting eggs all over Netherwing Ledge and waking up thinking i actually did loot them in the game. It was my first dragon mount EVER so i was extremely obsessed over it lol.
Yeah the new change to the daily is real. They made it just like the raptor one for Horde(FINALLY!). You're not grinding the rep anymore for them. XD I dont think it's live yet though.

I've done the Pebble Daily about.....4 times. You basically go in the chasm to the ledge where you would be jumping on the crystal to bomb yourself to Jadefang and lead pebble to safety.

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Thats awesome! I grinded my frostsaber once i BoA itemed my way to 65 on a priest i made once i got bored of waiting for Madexx to pop lol xD was sooo ungodly slow on a 150% mount so i grinded to 70 and took gold from my ally alts to pay for the epic flight and was way way easier. I tried a year ago on my druid to get the saber but the drop rate was terrible, ground mount was terrible, mobs didnt spawn fast enough, i was competeing against at least 1 or 2 ppl in the same areas as me (i think they were following me or i somehow coincidently ended up where they decided to head next >.>;;) and yea, i gave it up and grinded cenarion reputation for both the hippo and the title ^-^

What would a winged-lion kitten look like? Cause this lions using the Sambas body and i think someone said earlier it was also using Gryphon wings.....

Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

Four legs at morning,
Two legs by day,
Three legs come evening,
What creature, say?

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Four legs at morning,
Two legs by day,
Three legs come evening,
What creature, say?
-Ellaran

A person as they age. Crawling on four, walking on two, and then with a cane. :D
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Ellaran wrote:Four legs at morning,
Two legs by day,
Three legs come evening,
What creature, say?
Oh Oh! your a man going through the motions of life! :D

** edit **
Dammit, I love reading something, and then replying to see your like 3 hours behind the conversation :lol:

­
­
­