Glyph of lesser proportions

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dizzy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Glyph of lesser proportions

Unread post by Dizzy »

Here's the size difference between the sizes WITHOUT the glyph then WITH the glyph on a level 85 cat:

I also uploaded two screenshots (you can save them and flip back and forth between them) if it helps anything!
that way people don't have to waste gold i guess.
thoughts?
I personally liked that they were making pets smaller, but i would have liked the level 1 size pet ; n ;
Attachments
Bigger
Bigger
WoWScrnShot_042611_131323.jpg (241.14 KiB) Viewed 3329 times
Smaller
Smaller
WoWScrnShot_042611_131342.jpg (243.48 KiB) Viewed 3329 times
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Glyph of lesser proportions

Unread post by Chimera »

oh wow, when your running around it probably wont look too different but standing around you really see it! Least people who have trouble with their bats, chimeras, and windserpents (and well anyone else with oversized pets that keep chopping them in half) will hopefully be able to make the pet more manageable in appearences

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

InfernalEnt
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Unread post by InfernalEnt »

Bleh wish they'd have made the size difference more then that.
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

That's a VERY good size comparison, thank you! Sadly it just reinforces my opinion that it's such a tiny difference that I will likely never be inclined to use it. Oh well, there's worse things than not having to think about which marginally useful minor glyph I'd prefer. ;)
Dizzy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dizzy »

I completely agree Wark haha
i wish they would have made it level 1 or 10 size, (i think that would also help what i think is THEIR purpose of the glyph, i.e: make devilsaurs smaller and not hog the whole screen)
The difference is only noticeable when it's side by side like this. after this i took out my turtle and i could hardly notice when i was running around, it was a little upsetting and i wish they put in a couple more sizes down.
at least i guess here people can see whether or not they think it's worth it to get the glyph ; n ;
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

WTB GREATER Proportion.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Baihu
Realm: Barthilas; Ner'zul

Unread post by Baihu »

I play a Draenai, so maybe I'm just taller, but did cat size just got overall HUGE? My Sambas' shoulders don't reach my shoulders!

Note: I haven't logged in yet after the patch so I have no idea!
Dizzy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dizzy »

i think it's just the angle of the picture. worgens are as tall as draenei, i think. so nah they're not gigantic xDD

also, i liked that they give us less proportion. i've always wanted my baby level 16 ashtail back...
but this is hardly what i wanted. reggie (my fox) when he dances was slightly taller than me without the glyph
with it, he's my same height when he dances.
this whole patch has me pretty irritated lol

having said that, i think they should have made a glyph of greater proportion. lots of people want it, they might do it. unless they don't care at all about what people want anymore :c
seclipse
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garithos

Unread post by seclipse »

would have been better to have made the glyph into something slightly more usable lol. but nice comparison
Bairde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Bairde »

I agree with Jessibelle, I wanted glyph of greater proportion, just so I could have it on my BM spec. I still think they should have put both in and let players decide which one they wanted, but they didn't so there is no sense complaining about it. I'll just /pout a bit.

Epic luck charm by the amazingly talented Vephriel

My Stable

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I for one.. hate that glyph lol. I really dont like it... it makes my pet to small.. I actually like big pets

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Anvilheim
Realm: Dath'Remar

Unread post by Anvilheim »

I will never use this glyph myself as nerfing the size of my pets just doesn't look or feel right to me. Heck i was looking forward to glyph of GREATER proportions simply for use with my devilsaur every now and then to make him "life size". Took me a moment to think about why bliz changed their mind and swapped to a size reducing one but then i recalled the number of times that i have been told by healers to Dismiss my pet as it is getting in the way of their healing. Keep in mind the following points when thinking about that comment, i normally raid with smaller or mid sized pets anyway and i am a BM hunter. Yeah... ill totally dismiss skoll... its not like he is contributing the greater majority of my BM DPS or anything lol.

If a healer is having problems healing because there is a pet attacking the boss from behind then they are clearly not making use of the UI functions designed to help them do their job and are just plain healing wrong. *sigh*
A vanity glyph wont help them stop failing to heal.
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon..."

"...you just have to outrun the halfling."
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I like the idea of being able to make your pets smaller, I just wish the difference were more noticeable.
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

-chuckles- Lackluster glyph is lackluster. Blizzard outright failed with this one. Other than looking at the screen shots available here on Petopia Forums to see the difference, you wouldn't even be able to tell in-game. Hell, I didn't at all. When I logged on on Patch-Day I didn't even notice. The difference is minuscule. LAME.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

I replaced the glyph on both specs immediately. MY heart sung like a bird when I heard GREATER proportion, the bigger the better as they say! Alas, they crush our heart with a typo.

I noticed Tiéla, my saber, was a lot smaller, might just be me and the bond I have with my pets. =)

At least give us both, then we can choose which one we want, or neither at all. Instead we get +15 to AoTP (pointless), or a Scare Beast glyph (even more pointless).

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Tyuriwen wrote:I replaced the glyph on both specs immediately. MY heart sung like a bird when I heard GREATER proportion, the bigger the better as they say! Alas, they crush our heart with a typo.

I noticed Tiéla, my saber, was a lot smaller, might just be me and the bond I have with my pets. =)

At least give us both, then we can choose which one we want, or neither at all. Instead we get +15 to AoTP (pointless), or a Scare Beast glyph (even more pointless).

How does one accidentally "typo" an entire word of GREATER vs LESSER. IMO: They trolled us ALL pretty hard. Just as they trolled PvPers with the Conquest Point Change. (Or rather, how they conveniently left it out of ALL the patch notes for months.)

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

MajorThor wrote:
Tyuriwen wrote:I replaced the glyph on both specs immediately. MY heart sung like a bird when I heard GREATER proportion, the bigger the better as they say! Alas, they crush our heart with a typo.

How does one accidentally "typo" an entire word of GREATER vs LESSER. IMO: They trolled us ALL pretty hard. Just as they trolled PvPers with the Conquest Point Change. (Or rather, how they conveniently left it out of ALL the patch notes for months.)
Please lets not start that stupid "omg its a conspiracy" thing cause it's not and Blizzard already addressed that on the forums. Bashiok himself writes the patch notes. Blizzard is run by humans. Humans make mistakes. Lets not start ripping into them. Miscommunications happen and thats exactly what happened this time around.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Shootface

Unread post by Shootface »

I didn't spec BM and tame a Devilsaur so it could be the size of a raptor.

I'm with Jessibelle. WTB Glyph of Greater Proportion.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

MajorThor wrote:-chuckles- Lackluster glyph is lackluster. Blizzard outright failed with this one. Other than looking at the screen shots available here on Petopia Forums to see the difference, you wouldn't even be able to tell in-game. Hell, I didn't at all. When I logged on on Patch-Day I didn't even notice. The difference is minuscule. LAME.

I noticed on patch day my pets had shrunk XD I completely forgot I had this glyph on (since it changed my mending glyph) and I noticed it when I pulled out a wolf pet I haven't used in 3 months (old cliff jumper). I was like "wtf is wrong with my pet, why is it so tiny!? Ooooooooooooooh. Stupid glyph!!"

Though I agree with Jessibelle, Greater proportion please. I mean the Hunter Minor Glyphs SUCK in general and I get it, for most classes the minor glyphs are.... minor. But usually in every other class I play I can easily find 4 minor glyphs that are actually something someone would use. Hunters have like... two? I don't think its so bad if they gave us both a lesser AND greater proportion glyph... I'd sure be happy and more inclined to use some pets if they were larger.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Why does it matter if a pet is bigger or not, is the question? People always sit and whine about mammoths on their quest giver, a giant devilsaur on your questgiver is going to tick people off just as much, and if we got it, we'd just get more stuff thrown at us because now our pets are blocking stuff. We already have that issue with chimera, bats, dragonhawks, etc...

I mean, everyone was stupidly excited when there was tiny beetle. Almost everyone who was all, "Awww, lesser proportion?" was all "Eeeeee! Midget bug!" when it came out, and then went back to, "Ugh. Normal size." I don't know, I think people need to take a step back and look at the stuff we've got. We could get hydras. We have flaming turtles and lightning dogs and icy felines, yet all people can say is, "RAGE BECAUSE MY PET ISN'T SUPAH HUGE." We're a really spoiled class, guys. I say we be grateful for what we've got, instead of upset over what we can't have.

*shrugs.*