If you could choose one or two Spirit Beasts...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

If you could choose one or two Spirit Beasts...

Unread post by Tilo »

So I am at the dilemma of picking a spirit beast, stable's full of:
Yoshi - King Krush
Sciuto - Diseased Wolf
Araga - Araga
Loque - Loque'nahak
Farlok (named after a guildie per request) - Arcturis

In the 19hrs I camped KK; I saw Loque'nahak four times.
I started on Arcturis at 1am this morning & got him at 6:54am.
Also got Arcturis out of husbands' request comparing both spirit beasts: Arcturis & Loque'nahak.

I personally have always liked the Loque'nahak texture out of all the spirit beasts; & I know it's ultimately my decision but just getting opinions out there.

What's your favorite spirit beast you have or have had & why?
Last edited by Tilo on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: If you could choose one Spirit Beast...

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've only had Arcturis and Loque'nahak. I never liked bears but Arcturis was just sitting there with no one around, so I figured I'd give it a go (and I've seen him two more times since then, with no one around). I kept him for a couple days, but then when my husband found Loque'nahak while mining in SB, I quickly abandoned Arcturis and went for him. I'm not really sure why, I always thought Loque'nahak was kind of strange-looking (and still do), but I can't help but like him.

Long story short, I'd vote to keep Loque'nahak, only because I did the exact same thing, hehe.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I have now owned all 4 Spirit Beasts, though I only have 3 of them currently.

Gondria was the first (and the one that began my descent into Spirit Beast obsession :lol: ). I let her go in favor of Skoll, who was my decided favourite. Later I knew I had to get Loque'Nahak, and finally I picked up Arcturis who I'm liking even more than I originally thought.

I'd say that Skoll is my favourite out of all of them. Though I don't like Saber Worgs his brilliant blue colouring, large size, and fantastic lightning effects are just stunning to see in person. Loque'Nahak and Arcturis are tied for second, and Gondria would be last (after all I was able to let her go, though I do plan on taming her again should they increase stable slots next expansion).
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Tough I prefer Gondria, Arcturis wins over Loque by a loooong shot.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Saturo wrote:Tough I prefer Gondria, Arcturis wins over Loque by a loooong shot.
To you, a clogged toilet would win over Loque by a long shot. :lol: :hug:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Edrawr wrote:
Saturo wrote:Tough I prefer Gondria, Arcturis wins over Loque by a loooong shot.
To you, a clogged toilet would win over Loque by a long shot. :lol: :hug:
*Sobs with happyness*
Finally someone who understands me!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

I have owned all four and i hated gondria, loque was ok. I liked acturis alot but Skoll was the one i connected too. I like the mythology of skoll. His body model isnt the greatest but i like his head.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Skoll. I have Loque and Gondria, but really really (ad infinitum) want Skoll. I really have no interst in Arcturis at this point, but I really really (have I said really) want Skoll. problem will be when I actually find him I'll need to let someone loose. Here's my curent stable...

Loque
Gondria
Archimedes (my owl that leveled me from 10-80)
White devilsaur
White lion (i gorget his name but it's someone's mate) from winterspring.

Oh and have I mentioned how much I want Skoll? lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Aeriika
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Farstriders, Shadow Counsel, Nesingwary
Location: Stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere being chased by this big black smoke

Unread post by Aeriika »

I haven't been lucky enough to run across a Spirit Beast on my server but to be honest, I hate camping so I haven't really tried. Personally if I I could only tame one it would be Skoll. In RL I am a wolf person and have been told that the Wolf is my spirit guide. I love everything the wolf stands for: Pride, family, Loyalty. What's not to love? And let's face it. A Blue wolf with Lightening going through it's coat is kick-a**!!
"It's not the size of the DOG in the FIGHT, but the size of the FIGHT in the DOG!" - unknown
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Loque'nahak was always the "first"...but now that I have Arcturis; who's a ghostly bear, & I don't see many with Arcturis, think I'll keep em' & take Loque'nahak back to the Basin. :)

Besides since I saw him so often while I was vacationing in Sholazar Basin for King Krush; if I REALLY wanted him back I could get him. ;)

Just cleaning up my Stable so I have a few open slots.

Edit:
down to:
Yoshi - King Krush
Sciuto - Diseased Wolf
Baer - Arcturis
Fleck - Loque'nahak (Ya' I know had to get him again was always my favorite)
Last edited by Tilo on Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

I absolutely beyond love Skoll and am still on the lookout for him I HAVE to have him - I personally have a very geek reason for wanting him as I love wolfs and absolutely love anime. He reminds me of Dragon Ball Z and i have affectionately nicknamed him the Kahmehameha wolf (spelling?) lol :D

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Jeauno
Realm: Moon Guard (US)

Unread post by Jeauno »

My stable is pretty complete until cataclysm.

I actually recently let both Skoll (Arrow) and Arcturis (Crumpet), to keep Loque (Loki), Krush (Yoshisaur), my MM Springpaw Lynx (my baby :3 - Jinx), my White Lion who remains yet to be named, and last but not least my Gondria whom I have very fondly named "Cheshire." Being a Wonderland fan I couldn't possibly let him go. :P

So for me I'd have to order my stable like this.

Jinx (because he's my main pet)
Loki
Krush
Cheshire
Lion

But that's just my opinion :3

Meichelle (85) Moon Guard (US)

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I have Loque'Nahak and Skoll. Of the two, I probably prefer Skoll--though not because I think his animation is better (I love the two designs equally).

In actuality, it's because I never PLANNED to get Loque'Nahak, I just accidentally ran across him. And while I can't complain about having him, he was just a convenient tame at a convenient time. For Skoll, I actively ran through his spawn points several times a day, so I was basically camping him...and he showed up! Much more hard work and effort, and that's probably why I prefer him, because I had to work to get him :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

My favorite Spirit Beast is Skoll. 'Cause I absolutely love the lightning effect on it. I really wish a cat-like Spirit Beast had a lightning-like (not lightning, something similar to it) special effect on it.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Nakrin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Nakrin »

As a level 62 hunter I have not had any of these pets as of yet, But when I was starting out on world of warcraft I was looking at videos and came across a hunter with Loque'Nahak from that moment on I wanted to be a hunter (so glad I like the class lol)
Since this time I have found out there are more spirit best and have been looking at them online too I still like the look of Loque'Nahak best (what can I say I like the kittens) but I will see if my mind changes as and when I get them
Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

Tilo wrote:So I am at the dilemma of picking a spirit beast, stable's full of:
Yoshi - King Krush
Sciuto - Diseased Wolf
Araga - Araga
Loque - Loque'nahak
Farlok (named after a guildie per request) - Arcturis

In the 19hrs I camped KK; I saw Loque'nahak four times.
I started on Arcturis at 1am this morning & got him at 6:54am.
Also got Arcturis out of husbands' request comparing both spirit beasts: Arcturis & Loque'nahak.

I personally have always liked the Loque'nahak texture out of all the spirit beasts; & I know it's ultimately my decision but just getting opinions out there.

What's your favorite spirit beast you have or have had & why?
Gondria is my pick. While I would love him in blue, there is something about the powerful spirit of a ghostly tiger racing alongside my hunter, eager to protect her wherever she goes... and those twin blue stars for eyes are just perfect! Add in the slight ghostly mist about him and Gondria makes, to me, everything a spirit beast should be-- etherial, yet so solid, and overwhelmingly protective to the hunter lucky enough to have tamed him. :)
Mustela
Realm: Quel'thalas-EU Doomhammer-EU

Unread post by Mustela »

I have both Gondria and Loque'nahak. I wanted Loque'nahak from the first time i saw his picture on MMO-champions patch news.
I started searching not to long ago with npc-scan. I decided to just make my rounds around northrend and basicly track down all spirits beasts.
First one i found was Gondria and although i never realy liked her model at first, once i tamed her i instantly fell in love.
I'm not a grinder/camper so i decided to stay with Gondria and leave the others for what they are.
But not long after the sweet call of Loque'nahak was beconning me over again. I decided to "casualy" look for her in sholazar a couple times a day. On my second round npc scan went off and as soon as i saw him my heart stopped beating.
Forgot every keybinding i ever had but eventualy i managed to tame him.
I still have Gondria in the stables but I mainly play with Loque'nahak. I just love the whole model of that beast :D
Ever since i got him i havent looked for Skoll or the bear yet.
Tunderbrew
Realm: Zangarmarsh

Unread post by Tunderbrew »

Skoll is at the top for myself. Being partial to wolves and his lightning theme meshing well with my name made him pure win :mrgreen: However, I feel you pain. I have been considering dumping one of the other two for Arcturis, but I'm fond of the ghost kitteh as well and Loque was my first SB... wtb more stable slots :|
For Ironforge!
Warcraft Pets
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I also have Loque and Skoll. Have been playing mostly with Loque as I need to level him up. I just love to hear is roar. I have not played with Skoll yet but I like his flashy look. I have somewhat the same as I do like to be duel specced using BM for dailies, and marksman for PVP. I really want to have 2 pets for my Marksman spec instead of just the wolf I have now. All my other slots are filled with exotics, and I don't know who I want to depart with. I want to keep my tank yellow worm and my devilsaur (who was King Mosh.. A tough tame for me to solo) So it is between my 2 spirit beasts. I plan to play with Skoll over the next several days to see if I like him better than Loque. I love skolls look, but I also like loque's roar.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Schlager
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by Schlager »

I have all the spirit beasts, I got Loque first, he took me several weeks of mining Sholozar Basin for hours on end, found him above the black lion. I only saw one other hunter on my server with Loque before me. Then I went for Skoll when he came out, took another two or three weeks of mining Storm Peaks looking for him and the Time Lost Proto Drake. Skoll was a really nice upgrade, but BM was already useless so both spirit beasts sat in my stables.

I picked up PetFinder and was lucky enough to pick up Aotona on my survival spec. I'm not super fond of her, but roar of recovery comes in handy with the pace groups run at these days.

I stopped playing for awhile, then came back and got Gondria and Arcturis within a week of each other. Blind luck I guess. Wish I had more stable slots. I'd get a wolf on my survival spec since I raid so much. I've had Ironjaw but Timber was my first rare tame so I'd probably go find him again :D

Skoll would be my choice if I had to choose one, the blue coat and lightning effects make him the coolest looking. Loque has great animation and I like his glowing mouth and eyes. I like how Arcturis is bright in front and fades towards the back, and he picks up color from the environment. Gondria doesn't have much going for him/her IMO, the mist is so-so. In order of preference:

1. Skoll
2. Loque
3. Arcturis
4. Gondria