Why Did You Roll A...

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Why Did You Roll A...

Unread post by Acherontia »

Why did you roll your race? Hunter or not.

Why did you roll a gnome?
Why did you roll a tauren? and so on.

I'll start:

I rolled an orc (female) because I like the tough female personality. Self-reliant and resourceful, strong, and stubborn. Their bodies are also not over-done in any aspect--they're just quite muscular humanoids without any particularly bizarre characteristics (you couldn't pay me to play a teeny-bopper female blood elf, sorry to any elves here ;D ). I also like female undead, but they were not available as a hunter race when I created Acherontia--not sure which I'd have picked!
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Why Did You Roll A...

Unread post by Lupis »

I'll do several characters.

I rolled an orc hunter (Male) first because my brother bribed me into orcs. I wanted to play a tauren, but he pointed out that orcs have wolf mounts... Yeah. And at that point, I didn't like any of the females in game. I rolled hunter because, in the handbook, it explained that they could tame pets.

I second rolled a tauren druid (male) because I really wanted to try tauren. They were amazing. Male, of course, because I still hated all the female models back then. Druid because, again, in the handbook it said they could turn into animals. xD I saw tauren in the handbook and was mesmerized by the furry cow people and their way of life.

And my main. I rolled a female dwarf hunter because I liked hunters, and honestly, I was being a shameless Kaet copycat. I wanted to try female dwarves too. So yeah, the entire reason for that character was my copying Mania. *Facepalm*

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

gigandetsgirl
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Onyxia, Kalecgos, and Blood Furnace

Unread post by gigandetsgirl »

I rolled a blood elf because, simply put, I just love male blood elves. I have never understood why they get so much grief for so-called feminine appearances, while in fact I feel their bodies are possibly the most realistic male figures in the game. What truly drew me to them was their skin and hair combinations; my husband has a form of albinism (that I find incredibly sexy, for the record!) and so he is very pale, with long light blonde hair. I wanted to make my character in his image, so they were the obvious choice for me :) And I chose a hunter because I love animals and fell in love with the idea of playing a character with a pet.

Thank you so much Litlemouse for my amazing signature! :hug:

<The Dawntreaders>
Constantyne Whitnee
Bastienne, Costin, and Willoe

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

My main, a space-goat, was rolled because I started right after TBC came out and they looked super cool. I chose ally because the people I was playing with at the time played ally. I chose hunter for the pets, which is the only reason I didn't end up as a human. xD Nightelf eyebrows bothered me at the time and I thought dwarves were ugly, so space-goat was the only choice!

Aela is a blood elf because, I'll admit it, I like pretty things. I choose how my characters look based on how pretty it makes them and blood elves were (and, some might say, still are) the prettiest race in game.

I stick with those two race for those characters now because that's what feels right. Though I don't make space-goats anymore, I'll certainly admit to having many belf alts. ;3;

All my characters are female because so am I!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

I play mostly Night Elves, they're the only ones that I really connect with, being all stealthy/naturey. I don't mind Worgen either, because again, they're reclusive; plus they're half-animal. If you see me playing a different race, it's probably because the class was incompatible with NE/Worgen. I don't really like any of the other races, but human/troll/tauren aren't that bad.

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

As anyone who I chat/RP with here knows, I'm absolutely obsessed with a certain money-loving and short green race. Now, I never expected to love my gobbies so much. I was fully expecting to be crazy over worgen. In fact, I only rolled my mage first because I was expecting the worgen starting zone to be insanely busy. Cue myself falling in love with the zany guys.
I guess a lot of it has to do with how much darn personality those guys have. I also love the male goblin voice actor, haha. And their ears. Those bouncy ears are stupidly adorable. :T I do believe I squee'd IRL when I realized my little mage had bouncy ears. Silly, I know. Their racials aren't half bad, either. Yay, saving gold!
In a nutshell, I just find them a riot to play.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I rolled my female tauren, Deathly, because I loved how Tauren look and the fact that I had been watching my mother play her undead mage like a hawk and had already chosen a hunter for mine. But, since undead couldn't be hunters back in Vanilla, I chose my second best. Still love her and always will.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

I'll do this for my main. I rolled Taizak, a female troll, not because I particularly liked trolls at the time, but because my mother told me they were a joy to play, and I figured I'd see if that was true. I'd already made two characters and enjoyed them both, but my then-main hunter was being played with someone else and I desperately wanted a hunter I could play without limitations, because I already knew that it was the class for me. Little did I know that I'd love that troll so much she'd shoot to level 66--the level my boyfriend's main was waiting for me at--practically overnight, and then to 80 not long after. I loved her crazy hair and her silly run and the attitude she developed as a character, and I can't recall a time I've stopped. She sparked my interest in troll lore, and after that I loved her even more. Trolls are my favorite race to this day. A joy to play, indeed. :) I do love me some draenei, though.

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

I rolled a male tauren because they are the best race in the game for me. I love their look and lore.
My alts are mostly male orcs, the second best race in my eyes. I also have a female troll warlock and a male worgen hunter but I use him very rarely.
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

I originally created a druid, but I got bored after level 10 and thought "meh I'll try a hunter". Of course you all know what happened... <3

I liked the Night Elf idea because they were "in tune" with nature, which was a great appealing prospect to me. Also who gets to live in giant friken tree-houses? :headbang:
As for hunters, animals. Me likey. Anything else I need to explain? ^_^

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

After deciding that my first character would be a hunter on alliance side, I rolled a NE because I wanted something pretty to look at. Not a great reason but a simple one. And I didn't know anything about racials or whatever. Admittedly I liked the human model better but didn't have the option to be a human hunter back in vanilla.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I play all races, and have found something to admire in each of them, though it took me a long time to gain appreciation for the Undead model (I've always loved the lore), and I am still somewhat struggling with the Belves. But, thanks to Vephriel's awesome looking Belf, I was able to create one that I actually like the look of, who is identical facially but whose hair I've kept at a sultry 20's movie starlet length. ;) So, thank you Veph for making it possible for me to play my most hated race, and now I have a complete set of races!

But, back to the question at hand. My three favourite races are Trolls, Goblins and Dwarves. I also really, really like female Orcs. What attracted me to Trolls in the first place was their awesome hairstyles, yes I have to admit to being that shallow. But I guess I just fell in love. And once I began roleplaying her, and reading up on Troll lore, I just became all the more attached.

Goblins look cool, are fun to play and have that awesome sleazy, cute sexiness to them. I want to giggle when I play mine, and again, I do so like the hairstyles. I was really happy when they became playable, and with such great new models, though I'd happily have played one even with the old ones. :D

Dwarves have been a favourite race of mine since childhood, so playing a female one (with AWESOME hairstyle choices as well) was never in doubt. In fact the very first character I created was my beloved Dwarf warrior Wulfhild. I like their cute faces and sexy stout bodies, their accents, their lore and their culture. Dwarves are such a stout, honourable race, how could anyone NOT like them?
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

I rolled a night elf hunter
i choose a night elf because they were a good army choice in warcraft III but i wasnt expecting my toon could be male as male NE's back then were all druids, everything else (well demon hunters too) were all female

signature thanks to Kurieno
Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Ikutai »

I rolled a...

Goblin Shaman. I chose that combination because 1) They love money. And I love making money in WoW. 2) Steampunk was my... 17th attempt at a Shaman. I'd tried all the other Race combos for Shamans, and multiple times over, but I couldn't make it past level 14. Then I noticed that a male goblin's casting animation makes it look like he's bowling his lightning bolts, AND that elementals are just tools for profit, and I was hooked.

Troll Hunter. When I originally started WoW, it was at the behest of my best friend and her husband. They made me roll a Warlock, which I begrudgingly did. However, as soon as I found out I could roll another character, I choose a Troll (I thought their culture was fascinating. still do.) Hunter (because they had pets, not demons, but pets they go out and tame wild animals. how cool was that?!). Though my Troll Hunter has never been my main (I change mains every expansion), it's always been one of my favourites, and one I go to to relax and have fun.

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

My veeeery first character was a night elf hunter cause i played on the night elf side in Warcraft 1 or whatever (it was momentary and i didnt play veyr much in the time i had with it) and i was totally enthralled by their saber mounts @.@ I even got the name Whisperwind (but sadly i think the names taken now, she was deleted by my friend when she had just hit 15 and managed to tame Timber after dying several times to his two wolf companions)

Then i became enthralled with druids. Ive always been one for beasts and everything to do with them, i also think minotaurs are one of my most favorite mythological creatures and to have this huge minotaur that can turn into cats and bears was the greatest thing ever xD I was nothing but taurens, hunter and druid till TBC when blood elves came out.

Ive always been fans of elves and i jumped right away onto them and couldnt stop making them. I still have my first and most favorite blood elf. Ive now expanded into more night elves, trolls, worgen, draenei, blood elves, goblins, and tauren :lol:

I never once made another night elf hunter but recently ive made another one that is currently level 60 that i made to honor Whisperwind though i gave her a different name cause i was inspired by a song i kept listening to (Imaginary by Evanescence)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

(SylviaDragon)i rolled a female NE hunter beacuse i wached a show called "The Big Bang Theroy" and Sheldon had a Nelf >.> i also liked the white hair, skin colors and glowing eyes, which all fit together with how Sylvia was suposed to look. (she was a made up hero from when i was a lil kid...and now shes a nelf =P) I chose a hunter beacuse i love animals and NEEDED to have a raptor! xD Also looked forward to taming a pet and keeping it forever. (Oh yes, lil Phobos, my moonstalker runt... i have had you since lvl 10 :) )

(Zirithious) I rolled a female troll shammy beacuse.... Well I love trolls! the personality is strong and independant, and always makes me smile. I also love troll hair =P I wanted to try out somthing different and liked the overall shammy feel. Also i came to relize i love healing. I also had fun making up her story, since sylvia had a story before wow but ziri needed a background.

(Soleran) I rolled a Male Blood elf pally beacuse.. oh man so many reasons. when i first made him, blood elves where the only horde race that could be paladins. I kinda hate the female belf. (no offence to the belfs) i am nothing like a female belf irl- they just annoy me. The males arnt so bad though. i only have one female belf and i almost made her male too >.> why a pally? well i can almost never kill pallys on my hunter and i hated them! figured i would learn to love my enemy. Also when i made the story for my shammy (zirithious) she ended up meeting a blood elf pally and for some reason i thought it would be fun to bring that pally to life to make the story come full circle xD..... and becide the fact that they do look rather nice- i find it kinda refreshing to have somewhere to hide when i get sick of gamers hitting on me xD

EDITED: bc i suck at spelling :)
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Tue May 31, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

First came the troll huntress, Sukul'atae. Hubby has a troll rogue at launch, and Suku was the perfect complement. Love troll lore and animations, only dance I can stand for extended periods of time. Hooked since WC2. Then, hubby wanted to raid, so he moved his chars to another server. I rolled my female BE just to help him farm mats and gold. I didn't care for BE's, I thought horde shoulda gotten the space goats. Then as I levelled Belit(as she was known back then) I realized how deceptive their looks were. Beautiful but deadly. Like a spider inviting a fly in for dinner. Now my trolls feel too big and clunky.

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I rolled a dwarf (1st toon)(Now a Worgen)because of the South Park World of Warcraft episode.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Dwarves and goblins. Every pet looks large next to them, and they are the only races that "short pets" (crocs, crabs, scorps, spiders etc) really look good with imo.

Orcs. I love this race because they look exactly how I feel when I'm grumpy.

Tauren and Draenei (males). Sometimes it's fun to play something large (one of the few things I liked about EQ was being able to play ogres and trolls). They suffer a bit as hunters due to making their pets look a bit small in comparison, but they're great for melee (my oldest toon is a tauren warrior), and I've managed to make a go of it with a male draenei hunter... I just need to be careful what pets I take - the worg is my current favorite, and when he makes 69 I'll be taming a rhino.
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

I initially rolled a tauren female druid. Didn't really like the look of Night Elves (BOUNCE BOUNCE) and was enthralled by the very thought of a bipedal cow turning into a cat! I was young. :lol:

Attention soon waned when she hit level 20- the maxiumum level alotted for a trial version of the game. Decided to try out... A shaman! A troll female shaman. Immediately found the animations absolutely endearing. Their hairstyles are simply the best too! They've so much character and personality. My love for the trollish lore and race only increased after rolling Vasken, a troll male hunter. Found I'd oddly preferred the males over females despite loving them both!

... Then troll druids. Bye bye tauren, 'ello troll! It's resulted in 8/10 characters on my main sever being trolls. I love them. LOVE. They're so... Ajhdhsjfhsja. LOVE. The accent. The model! Tusks! Face paint! fjahjfjaak.

fkhfjj <3

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair