Page 1 of 1

Tallstrider questions

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:21 pm
by zedxrgal
Since it was to difficult and I didn't have enough gold to dual spec my level 65 hunter to get a Devilsaur and copy everyone else ( :lol: ) I went ahead and created a new toon (female Night Elf) under the Argent Dawn server. She's now at level 22 and learning fast. My first pet was a Tallstrider which I've loved since day one.
As soon as the new toon hit level 20 I went for the Strider Clutchmother. My first few attempts to tame her didn't go so well because she kept knocking me down but I wasn't about to give up. Finally I got her! She is an awesome pet! I still have my original Tallstrider though. I named my clutchmother "Blue".
Now for my question after my windbagging.

Blue learned the talent Cobra Reflexes as her first (which was accidental).
Original Tallstrider learned Dash as her first.

At what level do they learn a new talent????

I wanted Blue to also learn dash as her first talent but I hit the wrong one in error. Do I unlearn my talents and relearn them to see if that gets Blue the dash talent or will she hit another talent spec soon?? Blue is at level 22 also.

I hope all this makes sense. :oops:

Re: Tallstrider questions

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:26 pm
by Gimlion
You can go to a Pet Trainer near any hunter trainer to unlearn pet talents, and you also get a new talent point for your pet ever 4 levels of theirs

Re: Tallstrider questions

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:32 pm
by Zuilu
You can visit the hunter trainer, and a Pet Trainer should be nearby. You can unlearn her talents free of charge. :)
But just a side note, don't worry too much, Cobra Reflexes is a key talent in any dps pet.
..Tallstriders ftw..

Re: Tallstrider questions

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:31 pm
by Wassa
Since your questions have already been answered, all just add a hello for a fellow tallstrider fan. =)

Re: Tallstrider questions

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:45 am
by Saturo
Just to clarify our questions about talent points.
Pets start gaining talent points at level 20, and then learn one more every 4 levels.

Re: Tallstrider questions

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:09 am
by zedxrgal
Thank you for all the replies! I went ahead and unlearned her talent and had her learn dash which is a huge help. Next will be her cobra reflexes. I love my Tallstriders.
I really need to get the gold to make room in my stable on my level 65 toon to add a Tallstrider to her collection and maybe someting else. :D

Re: Tallstrider questions

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:43 am
by Azzrazzah
Congo-Rats on the tame!!...
I do like the blue better than the big pinkie.. And with her 2 young beside her, a dificult tame for a 22 lvl... Congrats again