Page 1 of 1

Everyone's favorite spirit bear

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:34 pm
by Kalliope
On a whim, I decided to fly by Arcturis's spawn on my main today. I didn't know what I'd do if he was actually up; I just wanted to visit him. At first, I saw nothing, but then I saw his ghostly tendrils appear up on the hill. (I was approaching from the bottom.)

But something was wrong.

He was too still.

Yes, someone had killed him just before I'd gotten there. It took his body a long time to return to the digital earth from whence it came. I know because I just sat with him until he fully passed on.

I feel like I was meant to see this particular Arcturis's ghostly corpse. He was meant to be mourned.

Poor fuzzy ol' bear.

Re: Everyone's favorite spirit bear

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:39 pm
by Vephriel
:cry: Aww...that's so sad to hear. Especially since I recently spent a lot of time on that little hill helping various people camp for him (and even getting him myself one night, after which I fell for him).

Re: Everyone's favorite spirit bear

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 pm
by Kalliope
Yeah. :/

I mean, it's not a true story of heartbreak, since I wasn't there to tame him. It's just the idea that if I'd gotten there two minutes earlier, he would likely have been alive, and that was all I wanted to see. D:

Re: Everyone's favorite spirit bear

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:24 pm
by VelkynKarma
:(

I hope you mourned him appropriately at least. He'd deserve it!

~VelkynKarma

Re: Everyone's favorite spirit bear

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:29 pm
by Azzrazzah
Do Spirit Beasts go back to the Spirit World when killed; or onto a new netheregion?

Re: Everyone's favorite spirit bear

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:01 pm
by Kalliope
Yes, I did a /mourn and then sat on the ground next to him until his body disappeared. Poor lil' guy.

I would have been in such trouble if he'd been alive, though - cause I want him, but I have no space and cannot possibly part with any of the pets I have (which was why I had originally tamed him on another character).

Hoping for that pet change to go in before the big patch, but I'm not holding my breath.