Page 1 of 1
Snake Colors changed?
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:19 pm
by Lupis
I recently looked at the snakes in WC and realized they didn't look the same. They're a whole lot darker, I think. At the moment I don't have time to test all colors of snakes, but the two WC snakes look different, the purple one more so. No longer pink, it looks very dark purple.
Am I seeing things, or are they changed? Has anyone else noticed?
Re: Snake Colors changed?
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:40 pm
by Aleu
I actually mentioned that in the 3.3.3 thread up in Game News. They do indeed seem to be darker.
Re: Snake Colors changed?
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:42 pm
by Vephriel
I just went to check this myself, and wow! They certainly did get darker. o.o Odd, it's almost as if they aren't displaying the proper lighting that they should be, like they're permanently in shadow. Apparently some shiny weapons are showing the same oddities.
I'm assuming it's a glitch that will get fixed.
Re: Snake Colors changed?
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:52 pm
by Skyshot
Vephriel wrote:I'm assuming it's a glitch that will get fixed.
I kind of hope they leave the blue snake as it is at least. I quite like the darker shade it has now. =(
Re: Snake Colors changed?
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 pm
by Lupis
I actually mentioned that in the 3.3.3 thread up in Game News.
Oh, I didn't notice, sorry. ^.^;;
I really like the new, darker colors! I hope they stay this way, really. Are the other colors (Gold, white, aqua) changed as well? I'm curious as to how they might look.
Re: Snake Colors changed?
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 pm
by Mania
A lighting difference makes sense to me, especially since they look the same (to me) in the model viewer. *shrug* I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Re: Snake Colors changed?
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 pm
by Vephriel
Yes, the colours themselves have not been altered, the serpents just appear to have no lighting working on them, so the shadowed hue makes them darker. I highly doubt it will be kept this way, as it's definitely a lighting or model glitch that's affected a few things.