Page 1 of 1

Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:48 pm
by Acherontia
Usually when I come out of a battleground, I'm mounted with my pet beside me. I can't remember if I was entering mounted & leaving when my pet was out, or entering with pet out & leaving mounted, but either way I can't seem to get it to work now.

It's a bit aggravating considering I JUST got the mount to match my wolf today :( Does anyone know if I'm just unlucky today or if they did indeed change it?

And can anyone tell me which way around it was meant to be?

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:54 pm
by Vephriel
Aw, they probably nerfed it then. :(

I'm pretty sure it was just a glitch to begin with, and now I suppose they fixed it in the latest patch. Aw, that sucks. I liked when that happened.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:07 pm
by cowmuflage
yeah that was a glitch to begin with sucks.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:17 pm
by Sarayana
Mmm. The way it worked was that if you were mounted when you entered the dungeon/bg and unmounted with your pet out when you left, you'd load out on your mount with your pet out. I'm not surprised they fixed it, though it's regretful. I loved that bug.

Side note: last night I was on my shammy in Zangarmarsh and popped spirit wolves, and after the fight I mounted up and flew off. In the 10 seconds or so until they despawned, they aggroed everything along the way (ok ok, so I flew slow and ran them through mobs to see how many I could pick up. What?). They acted like they were on passive, though. I've no idea if it was always like that, I haven't ever mounted with them out before.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:30 pm
by Nakrin
That sucks they have probably fixed it I did enjoy having my pet with me when I came out of a battleground mounted :-(
Will have to try this out later and see for myself

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:08 pm
by FuzzyDolly
I'd love if they made that work whenever you were on a ground mount. {imagines riding his black war mamoth with his devilsaur alongside}

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:12 pm
by Saturo
Aye, I'll miss this. Polar bear mount with polar bear pet with polar bear cub I'll miss ye'.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:23 pm
by Vephriel
Saturo wrote:Aye, I'll miss this. Polar bear mount with polar bear pet with polar bear cub I'll miss ye'.
Wait...how did you manage that? o.O

If you zone out of an instance and are mounted with a pet out, you can't summon a minipet since that dismounts you. And every time you zone in and out of somewhere your minipet is dismissed....so I don't see how this is possible. >.>

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:27 pm
by Saturo
I'm not the one who did it, it was a guy I saw in Dala occassionaly. Don't ask me how he did it.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:28 pm
by Vephriel
But....that's impossible. There is just no way a minipet stays with you after you've zoned out of an instance or BG..and that's the only way to get the mounted with pet glitch.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:40 pm
by Saturo
Well, it confused me too, thus why I remember it. I'll ask the next time I see him.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:47 pm
by Foru21dr
I have not tried it today, but I thought I was able to get my pet to be by my side last night after having updated the patch. I definitely will try tonight when I get home to see.

Basically it was. You had to be mounted before you went into the BG. You have to have your pet at your side before you leave the BG.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:09 pm
by FuzzyDolly
Could it have been anpother toon's pet? Maybe a stealthed rogue or druid? They could be doing it just to screw with people.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:35 pm
by Foru21dr
I have just tried it, and my pet did not come back while I was mounted. So this glich has been fixed.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:37 am
by Saturo
FuzzyDolly wrote:Could it have been anpother toon's pet? Maybe a stealthed rogue or druid? They could be doing it just to screw with people.
Never thougth of that, but it does sound likely. However, I think I'd see a stealthed Rogue from five yards range. Perhaps he vanished. Gonna' ask anyway.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:47 am
by HunterKiko
I think they did nerf it. It makes me sad. I loved having my pet out when I came out of a BG mounted. :(

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:55 am
by Golden
HunterKiko wrote:I think they did nerf it. It makes me sad. I loved having my pet out when I came out of a BG mounted. :(
Seconded. :( I was really disappointed to see that Azubuike would no longer follow mounted Subira around after a random dungeon.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:18 am
by Sonata
Thirded. I want my pets back to my side. Even if they did actualy aggro stuff alot.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:54 am
by FuzzyDolly
Agree times inifity plus one.

Re: Mounted w/ Pet Out Nerfed?

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:30 pm
by Jeauno
HunterKiko wrote:I think they did nerf it. It makes me sad. I loved having my pet out when I came out of a BG mounted. :(

Bout dang time you showed up here. <3