6 hours and a fight later, Ban'thalos is mine!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Luckyhunter
Realm: Kilrogg

6 hours and a fight later, Ban'thalos is mine!

Unread post by Luckyhunter »

Had to share the story of how I got Ban'thalos partly because of frustration, partly because of excitement.

So there I was camping for him on that skinny little tree for six hours. Many hunters had come and gone but I stuck it out for the long run. Any minute now he'll spawn and I'll be ready. Well, apparently I wasn't the only one watching him. Just as he spawned, a horde logged in the exact spot I was standing. Not doubting that he probably was watching from an alt, I quickly made my move.

Ice trap, mount, shoot. But he was quick to the draw as well and when I froze the bird and began taming, the horde hunter attacked, broke the concentration and suddenly I got that feeling that I was loosing him. He tried to tame and then I try to tame, and suddenly out of a flurry of more ice traps and more attacking and attempts at taming, the horde hunter died. Moonfire baby! Ban'thalos killed him instead of me and I knew Ban'thalos was mine. Ice trap, tame, and moments later I was dancing. :P Some of the horde congratulated me of all people and I was on my merry way.

So gotta say, even though it felt like those 6 hours were going to be a waste, it was an exciting tame at the end of it all.