Rant Thread

Schwert
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: [[US - Proudmore]]

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Schwert »

Game rant. lololo first world problems.

Why the hell do people have to spam me stupid emotes when I'm not wearing my PvP gear?
I dropped my prot spec for progression and I probably won't have it until the nerf is at it's full. ((In which case I can pick to stay as either Fury or Arms permanently.))

I also detest carrying flags in pugs and it was EoTS where nobody lets you grab it anyways. RBG pugs are bad enough with people not listening - Having to fight with others to even grab the flag is worse.

Like - Seriously?
It'd make sense if I was on the floor the whole fight but I was consistently 2nd top damage and far from the top amount of deaths in the match.

PvP Gear =/= Knowing how to PvP

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

DAMN YOU DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME! DAMN YOU!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Not really a true rant, but more of a murphy's law thing.

I got my beta invite yesterday, only I'm leaving tonight for vacation so I probably won't get to play around with it much at all for the next couple weeks. Gah! xD
Sickhuntz56
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sickhuntz56 »

ill post this here too.

I don't really know why I'm making this post. I guess just to vent. But teenage girls are so rude and judgemental. I'm 16, so it's hard enough...but seriously? Most girls just ignore me straight up, for no reason. The ones who do reply, however, are just plain rude, or call me weird, or ugly. They say things like "Umm....you're ugly, LOL. bye" or "i dont know you, bye". I mean correct me if im wrong, but you have to TALK to someone in order to know them, right? I'm tired of being judged by looks. I think everyone is made beautiful. AND I'm tired of girls going ON and ON about how all guys are the same, want sex, etc....HELLO? NOT TRUE. i think sex is for MARRIED COUPLES. Don't overlook me just because of my looks. Everyone is beautiful. EVERYONE. I don't know why i did this....just had to say all of that.

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

*hugs Sickhuntz*

I've been where you are. I was new in my 8th grade class and had gained weight during the summer from being homeschooled. That was awesome, first year back to public school after two years and I just wanted to crawl back in my bed and hide from the world. I want to say these bullies will account for nothing when they're older, but unfortunately for me, one of my main bullies now owns her own bakery and has a business degree.

You are beautiful, everyone is beautiful like you say. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Sixteen is the perfect age to discover yourself and your own values, don't let anyone impact that. From your story here, you sound like a sweetheart.

I'm 24 now and never really got over my middleschool and highschool bullies until this last week. One of my old acquaintances from highschool sought me out this month during her honeymoon to my new home country (the UK) and told me that she admired me. This girl I wasn't ever really close with admired me, this girl who I looked up to in our theatre group told me she missed me. She missed me because I was loud and always spoke my mind. She missed me because I was an open minded wiccan bisexual 16 year old girl in the middle of the bible belt in Georgia.

The lesson I took from her visit? Always be yourself. Never be afraid of being yourself. If these girls don't want to get to know you, it's their loss. <3

I came here with a rant and then read yours and wanted to let you know how special you are. :)

okay my rant?
An oppressd community is never a good opportuniy.
Have you ever had a moment where you just cannot anymore? Yeah. I just cannot. Apparently I'm the guild leader of an oppressed guild. Apparently people feel they can't come to me. Scuse me while I eyeroll. This guild wouldn't have been here for so long if I were a tyrannical leader. Everyone would walk away and find their own guild. But they don't, you know why? Because I fucking listen to everyone's problems twenty four seven. It is not unreasonable of me to ask someone to not pick my words apart and find hidden meaning. I don't mind people questioning me, but to question me to bait me into a reaction? Fuck that shit, I'm not going to fall for it...

Luckily, most of my guild spoke up and said ''hey, lady, don't speak for me''. I don't need one of my friends showing me her nasty side right now. Nor do I appreciate her bringing in her other friends to try to stick them in this. Fuck that shit.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

BORED.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:BORED.
Lupis you should log on Beta we can derp around together.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Azunara wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:BORED.
Lupis you should log on Beta we can derp around together.
I'd join in but I got no beta yet. D:
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Let it be known... NINTH Magria spawn for me... Ankha, why you no like me?!

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Blargh.
I just finished reading a quite good book with a fairly well done romance involved. The male, Cain, was pretty awesome overall and I quickly decided that he was a BAMF.
However, about two-thirds of the way through the book, I realized something a little worrying… Cain is the splitting image of the "Misunderstood villain turned hero" that people fawn over so much.

Bloody heck. I've fallen straight into their trap. I freely admit, Cain is freaking awesome. But he's basically a re-wrapped Phantom of the Opera. And I still adore him. Fel.
No wonder that stereotype is so well known. It works really really well. I mean, when Cain was sad/hurt/anything but happy, I went "nooo make Cain happy again" and then when the female hugged him, my natural reaction was "Yaaaay Cain is happy again!". Which is *exactly* how you're supposed to feel. Well engineered romance is well engineered indeed. I hate falling for those.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Blargh.
I just finished reading a quite good book with a fairly well done romance involved. The male, Cain, was pretty awesome overall and I quickly decided that he was a BAMF.
However, about two-thirds of the way through the book, I realized something a little worrying… Cain is the splitting image of the "Misunderstood villain turned hero" that people fawn over so much.

Bloody heck. I've fallen straight into their trap. I freely admit, Cain is freaking awesome. But he's basically a re-wrapped Phantom of the Opera. And I still adore him. Fel.
No wonder that stereotype is so well known. It works really really well. I mean, when Cain was sad/hurt/anything but happy, I went "nooo make Cain happy again" and then when the female hugged him, my natural reaction was "Yaaaay Cain is happy again!". Which is *exactly* how you're supposed to feel. Well engineered romance is well engineered indeed. I hate falling for those.
It's a trap!!!!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

These stupid "like this" things on facebook that seem to have started to become really popular. Yes becouse pressing like is going to save an animal or proves this guys awesome :roll:
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

Fuck it.
After everything I've done for this girl who thinks I'm an oppressor..she has no right.
I'm going ingame and gonna oppress the crap out of my guild now. Own that shit, am I right? :P

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Nili wrote:Fuck it.
After everything I've done for this girl who thinks I'm an oppressor..she has no right.
I'm going ingame and gonna oppress the crap out of my guild now. Own that shit, am I right? :P
Just start yelling out in german that'll scare them into line :lol:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Damn you beta why you stuck at 10%? D:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

^ NVM that post I got it fixed there was a handy thread about it on the beta forums!

Pimples that just seem to pop up randomly. I'm pretty sure that I did not have one on my cheek this morning and now I do D:
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Bah. WoW Insider finally gets a new comment system and it has to be linked to other accounts in order to let you post there? I gave in and used an old yahoo account that I don't really care much about, but it insists on using my real name, even after changing the name on the Yahoo account and clearing out all browser cookies and history. One can create a posting account with Livefyre, which is the software that handles the new comment system, but there's no option to log in with it. I don't particularly want to have to create some other throwaway email account somewhere just to post on the site.
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

So, my university has partnered with this site called feelingbetternow.com It lets you do mental health assessment online. I just did it because I thought my anxiety was all good, but it's still affecting things that I know shouldn't be bothering me, and it's making studying for finals REALLY hard. So.. I just went through it. And apparently I'm high risk for bipolar and general anxiety disorder. My GAD score was.. REALLY high.. like.. 80%... my depression score was about 60%... the bipolar was pretty much at 0.. so that gives me hopes that I won't actually need meds (really don't want to go on meds, UNLESS I could get on something I only had to take when I was in high anxiety/depression times, even then though...)

I mean.. other things are still good. But complicated... Really complicated. And I like where things are.. but.. complications are complicated, heh. And timing is HORRIBLE. And... I guess I almost feel like I've "run out" of happy... it tends to happen.. After being happy for a certain amount of time it's like my body can't sustain it, and I crash with bad anxiety... Anyways, that's why I did the risk assessment on that... I decided over a year ago that if this shit was still affecting my ability to have what I want, I would have to deal with it.... I just really hope they don't want me put on meds. I don't want the times when I'm not depressed/anxious to be affected... And I don't want to end up dependent on ANY substance to be okay (be it prescription, or otherwise)... Also.. those things cost money... and I can't afford it. If I HAVE to spend money(or health plan) on something, it would be counseling or something.. Something where if I run out of money or health plan funds.. I wouldn't risk going through withdrawal again because I couldn't afford to keep getting my prescription.

Anyways.. this is scary for me. Just because I've learned NOT to trust ANY type of doctor or therapist for this stuff, and relatively rightly so, if you know my past... Anyways.. I can't talk to the people I WANT to talk to about this stuff at the moment... But you guys are pretty good with this kind of stuff... And since I can't get the support that I want for the next couple of weeks (maybe.. I might be able to)... Well.. I need it from somewhere.. and you guys all are pretty awesome.. I'm just kind of scare about doing all of this... but... it really is starting to get in the way, and I don't want it to anymore...

I would appreciate any thoughts (non-negative please... and NO debates about the benefits of drugs.. I know about them.. but at this point it's ONLY going to provoke me, even if you are being constructive and trying to be helpful :) just fair warning) or anything... Cause I'm feeling kind of alone going through all this... People I talk to online are busy with exams, or sick and therefore not online much this week... So.. Yeah... I guess that's it...
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

You're never alone, Crystal. You're free to PM me and others here if you just need to talk. I'm a very good listener. <3

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Thanks Nili. This is all really hard for me because aside from these depressive/high anxiety episodes.. I LIKE who I am. And situations that aren't NEW.. I've gotten pretty good at handling.

I went to the doctor and they couldn't get me an appointment before exams :( Closest I could get was the 17th.. but I have FOUR of my 5 exams next week in a 3-day timespan... I'm thinking of going to counseling services after I meet with my group for a walk in... I don't even know what I'll talk to them about.. but.. I can't concentrate to study with how I'm feeling right now... Even things that I feel good about are making me depressed right now.. or at least.. I'm only seeing the problems, even though I KNOW that.. I don't know.. it's hard to explain. They MIGHT be real problems, or I'm likely just over reacting, and I KNOW that if I'm over reacting, that'll get proven to myself.. and if I'm not... Then.. even that isn't that bad. So really, there isn't much of a problem.

I just.. I don't feel like I'll have ANY downtime in the next week. None AT ALL... And I need it.. I'm not going to make it without, I know that, because right now I'm running on maybe just a few hours (definitely less than probably 6 or 7) of REAL relaxing downtime in the last week or so..

Anyways.. group is here...

Group is gone.. project is done... And there isn't really any sense of relief.. Maybe for half a minute, but now it's all crashing back.. and I HATE it.. I so DESPERATELY need downtime... Drums.. or skyrim... Maybe WoW but at this moment it makes me sad when I log on and nobody is online. But.. I don't know if I have time for it.. I'm sticking around campus right now... I should go home.. but.. the walk in for counseling services opens in half an hour... I HATE seeing them.. but.. I'm not okay and I don't know who else to talk to, or who else can help right now. The lack of downtime is absolutely killing me right now. As are a few other things that I'm TRYING no to freak out about because I know that if it weren't for all the other stress I WOULD be okay with everything.

I need help :(
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave