Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Ana »

So sorry for your loss :hug: :hug:
I'm sure she heard you :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

OnyxHydra
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde); Feathermoon (Alliance)

Unread post by OnyxHydra »

Varethyn wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:03 am
Ana wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:58 pm :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Varethyn :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
OnyxHydra wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:08 pm I know there's no real good words to say in this situation, so just many, many internet hugs for you in this hard time. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thank you, both. It means more than you know.
Sadly she passed away over night. I feel awful that I never spoke to her since she left but I got the chance to say good bye. I can only hope she heard me.
Sorry, I've been a bit absent, but I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I am positive that she heard you. Wishing you love, support, and healing. :hug: :hug:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm very sorry for your loss, Var. It is always difficult to lose someone.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Thank you all :hug: It's really hard as I hadn't spoken to her in many years as she'd remarried for a third time, which I hadn't forgiven her for. And while I managed to get that last phone call in on what turned out to be the final day I can't help but feel guilty for it and realise I'll never get the chance to see her again.

I really did love and miss her. It just never felt like the right time and neither of us liked being the one who had to go first, leaving us in an endless loop of stubborn refusal to call the other.

Do yourselves a favour guys. If you're stuck in a similar rift... just do it. You never know if you'll get that chance again.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh Var, I'm so sorry 😥 Complicated relationships can make the grief even worse at times. Please take care. *hugs*
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Late in replying but thank you, Wain :hug: The funeral was a couple of weeks ago (hard to think it's gone by so quickly) so I've at least had closure on that now.

---

New rant. Maybe it's just me being paranoid because of past events but I've now had two, completely unrelated instances of a guy asking me if I'd be interested in creating a specifically female romantic partner for their RP characters; one in WoW/various stuff and one in D&D. It's awkward enough that they specifically want the character to be female when my go-to characters are male elves, but I'm worried it's because I'm female-presenting irl and they're using it as an excuse to try and romance me.

For context I do know these people, being an old WoW GM and my current D&D DM (funny that) respectively. It's just that I've already had to turn down two guys before who tried to flirt with and/or date me (though tbf one was a young kid trying too hard and the other was a nice co-worker I barely knew).

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I have been trying to use my art as a way to supplement the family income due to my being disabled. I run 2 etsy stores, redbubble and deviant art . People tell me all the time my stuff is good and yet sales are pretty non existent. I think that speaks louder than words and now am afraid I have wasted the past 3 years. Just seriously depressing.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I think it's very important to remember that right now a LOT of people are really struggling with money and are not spending it on luxury stuff at the moment.
I don't think it has anything to do with you or your art quality, I think its more because of how the world is still a mess and people are struggling to even afford rent and food.

Siggy under construction!