Rant Thread

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Lupis »

Varethyn wrote:I was recently told that I sound like a chicken when I laugh. Great, now I'm nervous to talk or laugh in public. So much for working on my self-confidence.
Oh god, I have the worst laugh too, don't worry. I don't go "Ha" so much as "haHEEEEE" because all the sound is made when I breathe in and it's just awful.

Laughs in general just aren't pretty, though. I keep reading descriptions of "gentle laughs like the sound of bells" and I don't know what planet those people come from because laughing is an ugly sound in general. I think that's almost why it's important- if a bunch of people are laughing together, clearly they're comfortable around each other!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I chirp like a cheetah when I hiccup.

People will either laugh, look around asking what the frick was that and have no idea it was me, dare me to do it again so they can laugh, or mimic me. :|

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I squeak when I hiccup(and it hurts). So it's okay. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I have horrible loud hiccups that hurt like hell if I restrain and are like yells if I don't.

Also when I sneeze I have a habit of holding it in and apparently it sounds like I'm choking. I get very many weird looks and lots of "What was that? Are you okay?".

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I sound like a seal that;s about to die when I laugh XD
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I laugh like an old man some times D:

Siggy under construction!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Okay hah that made me feel a lot better, silly and annoying it can be for ourselves xD I guess it struck me hard then cos no one's ever commented on it until now so I was caught off-guard. Thanks guys :)
Joining in with the hiccups thing, I'm kind of like Lupis. Mine are the standard "hic!" sound but can be very loud to the point where people watching TV downstairs can hear me. And it hurts xD

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I used to laugh very, very loudly (and still do on occasion) but I've kinda taught myself to laugh in a sort of silent manner that results it a lot of clicking sounds, my whole body in motion, and the occasional snort. xD My hiccups are extremely loud hic sounds that earn me weird looks from everyone except my fiance who thinks it's hilarious. :P

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I still have the bad habit of trying to hold in my sneezes. All because of my rib surgeries as well you try sneezing with broken ribs and make it not hurt! :lol:

Thing is my last surgery was years ago! :lol:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I can't imagine trying to hold in a sneeze (which is also something i tend to do loudly xD). >_< Never understood how people did because it always hurt if i tried.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I really hate holding it in it's like a jerk reaction now for me I think >.>
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Doctors usually say not to do that cause you can blow your eardrums or something from the pressure.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well my doctor said they are flukes or it means you have something else wrong with you :S

Anyway you try sneezing with broken ribs :lol: you'd do anything to stop a sneeze!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I have very loud sneezes which doesn't help me as A: I work in a library B: Have very bad hayfever >.> Our solicitors think its funny though atleast...the ones i don't scare the living crap out of anyway!!

I wouldn't worry about laughing loud, we have 2 librarians who have been told off for theirs haha!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Nahale
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nahale »

Last edited by Nahale on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

My mum will always wake the cats up with her sneezes :lol:

Anywho rant? Yeah rant! Ugh Minnie I know you have like a cat cold or what ever but for the love of god don't sneeze in my face and I'm not going to drink this tea anymore because you sneezed in it! eww cat sneeze
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Rant for the day: Lazy people. I am not here to do the jobs you cbf doing. There is nothing in the inbox so you've had these cases all morning and have waited until NOW so you can ask someone else to scan them well F you. It wont kill you to get off your butt and take a book off the shelf....cause ya know thats your JOB as a reference librarian right?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

How dafaq do people RP on tumblr like seriously. There's people who can actually have their reblog link to the post they responded to (it gets this green box which has the title and it's the link) and then people who somehow can manage to reblog over and over without breaking the stupid thing. I tried the link thing and it didn't work and I tried the ordinary text reblogging thing but it didn't work (it kept cutting off pretty much everything except for one reblog response which was an earlier post, being neither the first post made nor the last couple posts made so it was seriously wtf)

We moved it to another site but tumblr allows all content as long as you tag it right and I'd like my character to be able to be the kinda chick she is

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Shalyth wrote:How dafaq do people RP on tumblr like seriously. There's people who can actually have their reblog link to the post they responded to (it gets this green box which has the title and it's the link) and then people who somehow can manage to reblog over and over without breaking the stupid thing. I tried the link thing and it didn't work and I tried the ordinary text reblogging thing but it didn't work (it kept cutting off pretty much everything except for one reblog response which was an earlier post, being neither the first post made nor the last couple posts made so it was seriously wtf)

We moved it to another site but tumblr allows all content as long as you tag it right and I'd like my character to be able to be the kinda chick she is
It kind of depends. They've be known to randomly delete blogs for "adult" content. More so with the new owners. Tumblr is dumb that way. I don't like tagging things myself because I think if you follow me you should be able to handle what I post :lol: Hell it's not like I post those graphic gory animal rights things!

All in the effort to make it "child friendly" then again the normal Tumbler freak do act like big babies after all :lol:
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

cowmuflage wrote:
Shalyth wrote:How dafaq do people RP on tumblr like seriously. There's people who can actually have their reblog link to the post they responded to (it gets this green box which has the title and it's the link) and then people who somehow can manage to reblog over and over without breaking the stupid thing. I tried the link thing and it didn't work and I tried the ordinary text reblogging thing but it didn't work (it kept cutting off pretty much everything except for one reblog response which was an earlier post, being neither the first post made nor the last couple posts made so it was seriously wtf)

It kind of depends. They've be known to randomly delete blogs for "adult" content. More so with the new owners. Tumblr is dumb that way. I don't like tagging things myself because I think if you follow me you should be able to handle what I post :lol: Hell it's not like I post those graphic gory animal rights things!

All in the effort to make it "child friendly" then again the normal Tumbler freak do act like big babies after all :lol:
Ahhhk, well, kinda weird that they allow just about everything under the sun with sexual content (least, art wise, not even going to go near that search bar with a twenty foot pole to see if it extends to photography) but they'll delete posts of people swearing up and down (if I'm following what your saying right xD). True, too, if your following someone it kinda goes with the territory but we're doing a RWBY RP so we didn't want people somehow finding it in searches untagged or people sharing/liking/reblogging without tagging appropriately and us getting in trouble for it. Least if the source is tagged we should be in the clear if anyone does decide to make a fuss. I didn't actually know the tumblr admin(s)/mods went around doing that either :0