Flying Spider!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Flying Spider!

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Was doing some dailies in Deepholm with Pydar, my orange lava spidey. Ended up hitting one of the explodey mushrooms, and not only did I go flying! Pydar took a trip as well! (Usually in the opposite direction). Not only was it kind of funny watching go WOOSH! off in a different direction, but her position and animation amused me as well :D

I'm interested to see what else I can make my various pets do, now!
Attachments
Flying Pydar the spidey!
Flying Pydar the spidey!
FlyingPydar.jpg (33.02 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Re: Flying Spider!

Unread post by Cerele »

Holy flying spiders bat man!

signature thanks to Kurieno
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

I suddenly had a flashback of Disney's Aladdin with the Genie's way of sending Aladdin back to the kingdom. Gah, nostalgia, how I hate thee!
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

When I jump off a high place, my spider leaps down with me, but goes entirely upside down with all his legs in the air (like a dead spider) while he falls :P
Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

Lol, all these funny stories make me want to go out and tame a spider now; but I'd never use it since my "spider" of choice is Huckleberry my silithid.

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Acherontia wrote:When I jump off a high place, my spider leaps down with me, but goes entirely upside down with all his legs in the air (like a dead spider) while he falls :P
That is so cool. I need to try and replicate this... haha.. I tried a few.. but she just kind of did the jerky hop through the air :( No nearly as cool as the flying spider.
My Dragon Cave
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

It looks as if they're going into a 'spider hanging from a thread' pose when they get airborne. I wonder if it works with any knockbacks.
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Not a spider thing, but since you mentioned that area... occasionally a trogg will float past the mushrooms area up in the air at high speed... not mounted, just standing upright and... flying. :lol:
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

Corpsebryde wrote:Lol, all these funny stories make me want to go out and tame a spider now; but I'd never use it since my "spider" of choice is Huckleberry my silithid.
You know, I was having that exact same problem! Who needs a stinkin' SPIDER when I have Thrakkzoth, genius extraordinaire, master tactician, and the one of the fattest head that is so fat it's fatter than a fat thing that is fat. I love Thrakkzoth to bits, especially now that it finally made it out of its unstable childhood phase* and doesn't have to be hovered over constantly to try to head off its trouble-making. And it's so pretty, I could watch it rampage around all day! But I've always had a bit of a fond spot for spiders, and the new ones have such nice artwork, and anyways it's not like I NEED any particular pet ability to do my dailies in a timely manner, so nobody's going to care if I pick up a spider purely for recreational purposes. Yes.

So I went out and tamed all the common fire-spider skins I could get my hands on (was a good day for it, the broodlings were up) and sat around Dalaran trying to click with each one. Red's too... something, I don't know what, but it doesn't work. Green is okay but there's not enough contrast. Yellow just feels boring. Not worried about orange, I can't tell it apart from red without a side-by-side comparison; purple looks great, but what's that, epic rarespawn camping in the middle of the most heavily-trafficked area in the game right now, no thanks. I glumly determined that fire-spiders are not for me, at least on this character.

Then I remembered that the fire-spiders of the Firelands aren't the first spiders on fire by a longshot. So I nipped off to my original molten spider spot and made friends with Ishnate. This has reminded me of several things: mine spiders are neat but they can't match my love for the right tarantula. Tarantulas are the Original Fatties of hunterpetdom. Also I am an evil, evil person who derives great entertainment from bringing an ancient Vanilla-era model of fiery spider to the territory of the latest fiery spiders, and imagining how many new players I confuse: "huh, that doesn't look like the red one or the purple one or the green one. Where the heck are those from?"

So these days I'm still rampaging about with Thrakkzoth as I daily my way across the Molten Front, but I'm ALSO having a ton of fun with Fatlava, aka Ishnate. It's so easy to forget, amidst all the careful number-crunching optimization of hunter pets, that for a lot of purposes it doesn't make any difference whether you use the BEST pet, or the pet you have fun with. :D

Last-ditch rerail attempt: I had to hop in the water the other day with Ishnate out and saw its swimming animation. Oh my word. For a pet that already has the look of having a near infinite volume, the way it was wiggling its legs managed to make it look even more voluminous. And just... I can't describe it. Look for yourself.

Help help I can't stop giggling! It loses something when it's not side by side to a Tauren to show off how BIG it is, but let me assure you: it's huge, it's wiggly, and it's hilarious. Not quite as amazing as Pydar's flying, but still.

*pro-tip: if your trainer assigns you the task of taming and raising a notoriously intelligent and frequently malicious beast, you should probably not pick out the largest, most cunning, wildly aggressive juvenile specimen you can find. At least not if you value your immediate sanity, free time, and well-being.
Attachments
The fattest lava that you ever did see go for a swim.
The fattest lava that you ever did see go for a swim.
FATBUTT REAR 2.gif (367.81 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Haha, yeah, the spiders swimming is amusing! Watching Pydar swim makes me giggle as well, heh.

Also.. Now I wanna see the trogg thing! Haha, sounds hilarious.
My Dragon Cave
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

25 stables slots can mean having room for two spiders to love. ;) Orpheus and his precious tarantula swimming animation still have top ranking, but I am enjoying the fire spider movements Arachne has as well - they really do look amazing flying through the air and such.

And since silithids were mentioned, I still have room for one of those as well. :D Still really loving the boss silithid attack animations. <3 (Ran up against one in bgs last night and started missing Ariadne, qq.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!