Patience leads to good things

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Patience leads to good things

Unread post by Sochi »

I count myself a patient person. Maybe it's my current employment in retail, maybe it's my nature, but I try to keep a cool head when it comes to things. I'm not new to hunting rares, but these two new cats have really tried my patience. Nor has the behavior in this patch helped my luck and it certainly has tried that patience.

Anyway, I was tired, hot, and somewhat irritable as I sat down to camp last night. I had done half my Fireland's Dailies earlier on, and then had taken a break. It has been sweltering hot these past few days. And even as I type this, the news is telling me it feels like 102. So last night, I returned to the Firelands to finish up the dailies and with nothing better to do for a little while, I pulled the fan closer and sat on the rock. I have been hunting Ankha for about a week now. I had had one sighting, but that particular spawn was not to be mine. There was no one there but me, so I took up my vigil, hoping I would remain alone.

A guildmate stopped by, traded me a Flintlocke's Woodchucker! You know who you are, you rock! And I sat and waited with a grin on my face. If nothing else happened, at least that made it a good night.

Now I have chosen not to run NPCscan for those two cats. They're both cached. And I refuse to clear it. It's less of a fuss for me, not to deal with innocent false alarms, or malicious intended alarm set-offs. I did the same for Ban'thalos. And for Skarr, and Karkin too. All those hunts were done by watching the map for the dot. I sat watching, wondering if Ankha would play along the lines of my other cat spirit beasts and take a week for me to catch. Loque had, Skoll had, and Gondria too. Magria and Karoma's tames being the exceptions. Time passed and I often turned to look over at my husband's PC screen, to see what he was doing. I was still alone at the spawn.

I had just turned back to my screen, having taken a long sip of my drink, when I looked up to see a yellow nameplate and a shimmering white cat. I blinked, I squeaked, I shot. Ankha comes tearing over the log at me and I grin and begin the tame. It'll be easy! No, somehow, I hit my Snake Trap and fumble the tame. Ankha rips me to pieces even as I hit Tame again. I end up a ghost.

I shoot back to the spawn to res and see that Ankha has begun to run. I just see a bit of tail flash behind a tree as the cat proceeds into enemy territory. I bandage, eat, and mount my 'hippogriff, giving chase. I fly beyond the cat's path, land where I think I'll be free of mobs and make the tame attempt again. I get fire-thing aggro and between Ankha clawing me and that fire-thing punching me, I die again before the tame goes off. I think I might have sworn aloud in frustration. Again to the graveyard, again to my corpse. I res and eat, and then take to the air for Ankha has gotten well ahead of me. By now I fear some other hunter has gotten wind of the cat. That they had tamed with no fuss and were gone. I fly over to see if I can spot the cat again and there Ankha is, running unhindered. I look at the way the cat's moving and see a clear spot in its path. I angle for it and land as Ankha runs within feet of me. Full of health, I tag and hit Tame. I'm keyed up, I'm fearful of interference and my eyes are glued to the tame icon slowly-so seeming slowly- ticking away...then flash! Tame goes off! I whooped! It was done. I told of my success in g-chat and went to shake my shakiness off.

Now only a name is needed. Thank you, guildmates, for your patience and for keeping my spirits up.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Patience leads to good things

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yay! *huggles* :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hooray! Congrats Shaon! :D
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary