Do you do this?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Do you do this?

Unread post by pengupuff »

I'm doing dailies in two different places at the moment: Firelands and the Argent Tournament (for mounts). When I'm choosing pets to come with me on these dailies, I find myself picking pets that would enjoy that environment more. For example, when I go to Firelands I always bring my Corehound and lava tarantula, because I know they'd "enjoy" the heat. Likewise, when I'm in Northrend I bring my jormungar and worg, since they'd prefer the cold.

I also have my croc with me whenever I need to travel to Vash'Jir. :D

Do you guys have a weird pet selection process when you're getting ready to travel and/or do dailies?

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Do you do this?

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hee, I've definitely done that plenty of times. :) Not all the time, but I do like choosing pets that suit the mood of the zone, or even the dungeon I'm running. ^^
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

I was going to start doing that :D Then I came up with my random pet macro. Now all I need is some sort of random "remove from stable" macro/addon and I'm good to go! haha.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I have done this as well, though not regularly. :) I enjoyed sitting with Dante with some of my hot/fiery pets. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

I was about to say "no", but then I remembered all the times I've been stuck questing underwater for a bit and would whip out my nether ray just because I figured it'd be the least annoyed by the prospect of swimming. Sometimes the ravager.

I think it's at least partially motivated by some pets missing swim animations-- my beetle, for instance, leads to some pretty serious visual dissonance as it skitters through the "water". But part of it is definitely wanting to keep the water-incompetent pets safe and dry. As much fun as tormenting my brainbug silithid by making it swim around with its dinky little stick-legs is, I feel bad about it pretty quickly.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I am doing the same set of dailies (done with Argent in 2 days YAY) but I have been using the see through spirit cats when I do argent because theyre so blinding (gondria, ankha, magra) :D

I often use terrorpene or red madexx doing fireland dailies, they fit that area to.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Heh, yes, I've done this.

One pet that swims much more elegantly than I thought: my fire spider (one of the common yellows). It becomes this jellyfish-squid-shape and swims delightfully!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I kept bringing Ban'thalos to the water to check for Poseidus because of his incredible swim animation. It's just so gorgeous with the trails. I also used to constantly bring Sambas along on my archaeology trips. There was just something about him that made him feel like a 'guardian', I guess! Those little level 30 mobs want to poke at me while I'm digging? Not on his watch! I guess my PVP croc would count here as well; I have a chimera who I love dearly, but it feels weird doing Tol Barad with him when I got so used to a crocolisk!

Mostly, though, I choose pets for grinding by 'has it been a while since they've been out? They should get an outing'. that is, when I don't have to choose them for their abilities (Panzer when farming my drake, my worm for farming Anzu to handle the swarms, et cetera)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by bluddy »

i usually don't care but i refuse to use my oil wolf in fire-lands raid