Anthriss - Easy find, easy tame

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Anthriss - Easy find, easy tame

Unread post by Sarantha »

Only because I didn't want to watch people try and kill him anymore. This was taken awhile ago, at the lava pits near where he spawns. He posed nicely for this picture:

He was easy to tame and no one even tried ganking him once I said I would tame him. People were trying to kill him and dying until I showed up, then they stopped once I subdued mister yellow.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Re: Anthriss - Easy find, easy tame

Unread post by Samskeyti »

Yay! :-) Congrats on your yellow spider. Your screenshot looks so nice and crisp.

I found Anthriss as he spawned while I was doing the dailies on spider ledge, and rushed over and tamed him with no problem, but since I can only play at antisocial times, it was very empty in the Front (I play on an EU server, but two weeks ago moved to the US for an internship and well, when it's 10pm for me it's 4am over there. It's pretty lonely to play for me. So I take my joy in checking up on rares and rehoming them.) So, when I found Anthriss the other day, there was a warrior and a death knight trying to kill him. I was on my druid, so I sat down in front of Anthriss and growled (silly, I know :-) ) and asked in general if any hunter wanted to tame him. Noone replied, while the two guys kept trying to kill him, and even invited me to group up. I was whispering random hunters, after saying that he doesn't drop any loot, and one replied that he would come over and tame it. He took ages and ages, and another hunter arrived, so I thought, great, now he'll get tamed. But what happened: the hunter joined the warrior and death knight to kill Anthriss. Again, they threw me an invite, and I said: /s I do not support the useless killing of rares meant to be a taming challenge for hunters. Just to make a point, I was still hoping they'd get munched a few more times. Just as I said that, Anthriss died and the hunter I whispered arrived...
So sometimes it goes well trying to rehome a rare while it's chewing on those that try to kill it, but it seems that a big repair bill makes those people want to get revenge even more and the rare loses the battle.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I am an Anthriss killer if I see him out in the open and no one on either side wants him. I want to honor his death by being his murderer, I guess you could say. I keep his tears in my bags. I don't sell them. This guy will have a home though. I will use him for cannon fodder as much as possible, however. Alternating between him and Thor (spirit bear) depending on my spec.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Gammaman
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hellscream, Uther

Unread post by Gammaman »

Sarantha wrote:I am an Anthriss killer if I see him out in the open and no one on either side wants him. I want to honor his death by being his murderer, I guess you could say. I keep his tears in my bags. I don't sell them. This guy will have a home though. I will use him for cannon fodder as much as possible, however. Alternating between him and Thor (spirit bear) depending on my spec.
Wow... He is alawys upset about dieing.... People that kill him deserve their face and high repair bills casued by Kirix.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Kirix won't give me any repair bills. He loves me. And I only kill him after making sure NO ONE AT ALL ON EITHER FACTION wants him. I would rather kill him as a hunter than have some ignorant DK/pally murder him for kicks.