~Banthy~

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

~Banthy~

Unread post by Zhuge »

Hi guys!

Well I told myself when I saw the pictures of the new rares I didn't really like any of them. Well, guess what? I was wrong! I got chatting to a nice hunter a couple of days ago when I saw him with Banthy. He's gorgeous! ALOT better than he shows up in images, plus I've always loved the owl model but I felt Olm was too blue : /

Long story short....Banthy where are you on Kul Tiras?! 5 hours yesterday and 9 so far today and nothing :S And regular 'afk-parkers' at the shrine have yet to see you since the hunter I spoke to you tamed you.

I'm worried I'm in the wrong phase too :S I've unlocked the ability to pick up dailies, but I haven't picked any up and done any yet >_>

Then there's the hordie who has set off my npc scan like 4 times already today with a Banthy - I politely asked them when they got him to be told it was weeks ago and that apparantly no one noticed me on the tree and its a stupid spot - I should get all my mates to help me instead like he did - well thnx dude but I ain't in a high end guild with 300+ members -.-

Sorry for the rambling - insanely bored lol!

~ZZ~

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Re: ~Banthy~

Unread post by Arisia »

Hi there!

Well, according to Wowhead, his spawn timer is 6-17 hours, and I personally have noted that on a lot of servers, things are taking almost full timers to respawn. :( It could be that you're missing his spawns-- since I tamed my own Banny 14 days ago, I've not even SEEN him in the wild, and I'm in and out of game all day. :(

::sending much luck for your own to spawn soon and a nice safe tame where you do not die multiple times as I did LOL ::
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

Ty Arisia! I'm sorry to hear about your multiple deaths : / I've heard horror stories of double figure deaths and some straight easy tames xD Either way, I'm rehoming Banthy :D

I'm more worried now though, at exactly 14 hours 4 minutes since the 6am reset this morning, Npc scan blared for Banthy....but I couldn't see him! He was no where to be seen :( I couldn't see any hunters with him as a pet or anything :S Am I in the right phase? I'm scared I'm wasting time sat waiting for a pet that won't appear!

Please Banthy spawn soon - I am even have a name ready for u!

~ZZ~

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

If you can pick up the dailies, you're in the correct phase.

As for NPCscan, it can cache from a pretty good distance away - farther than avatars will spawn most of the times. It's likely someone popped out of the Front portal with it, or landed at the FP and flew off.
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Zhuge »

Thank you for the reply Fafnir! I feel a little more confident now :3

I did a 17 hour stint yesterday and no sign of Banthy at all - unless you count other people's pets setting off npc scan (around 5!)

And the scary thing was - at 17 hours and 4 minutes from the 6am reset Ankha spawned! I helped a guildie tame her, she was thrilled to bits but I can't help wondering if the 3 spirit critters in this area share a spawn timer? I've read on the forums that both can be up together...but the hunter who spotted the shiny kitty has been waiting on Magria and told me he's given Banthy and Ankha away loads of times hoping the next spawn in 17 hours would be his blue kitty! And he's sat in Hyjal 24/7 and has never seen both up together......

Oh well back to the tree! I think I need superglue to stick myself on - I've fallen off like 15 times lol

~ZZ~

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

I've seen Banny 3 times, and each time is usually about 12 hours after last time I saw him. Good luck! ;) Edit- Yes, Banny, Ahnka, and Magria all share a spawn timer.
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Neverforever
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Anetheron (Horde-US)

Unread post by Neverforever »

Just sit on your tree and don't press w. =P Pay attention though. Before I tamed him a few nights after 4.2, i'd regularly lose this beauty to unruly Mages. Stick to it! He's got to come to the party sometime. Good luck!

Sickhuntz56
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sickhuntz56 »

Feralclaw wrote:I've seen Banny 3 times, and each time is usually about 12 hours after last time I saw him. Good luck! ;) Edit- Yes, Banny, Ahnka, and Magria all share a spawn timer.

Not true :P I tamed Ankha the other day and Banny was up at the same time.