What is this fire pet?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Whoisthat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Re: What is this fire pet?

Unread post by Whoisthat »

Ive tamed one myself, i love it. I named it after a mage friend who loved to stand in fire poison etc. I hope they keep it, ive been browsing the forums everyday for a glitched pet like this. Finally we get one, i hope to keep Qrystal =P
Ty Dragonaa for the perfect sig.
Mïkey - Ghostlands US
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Nubhorns wrote:nothing more than a chemical reaction
I got your point, and I don't expect Abaesik to stay, but technically fire in the world of Warcraft is alive, which is how Shaman work with it as well as the other elements. But yeah, this would be more of a shaman pet (if shaman had pets :P) and not a hunter one. :)

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

TheDoomcookie wrote:
I got your point, and I don't expect Abaesik to stay, but technically fire in the world of Warcraft is alive, which is how Shaman work with it as well as the other elements. But yeah, this would be more of a shaman pet (if shaman had pets :P) and not a hunter one. :)
Actually an explosion from a seed isnt the same as an actual shamanistic elemental. ^^;

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Jessibelle wrote:
TheDoomcookie wrote:
Actually an explosion from a seed isnt the same as an actual shamanistic elemental. ^^;
It doesn't matter where it came from, it's fire. This kind of loops back into my 'fire is not alive' argument, in that if it were, it would be an elemental - as Doomcookie clarified, I suppose that makes all fire elementals? Or maybe it's the more organized fire... - and therefore hunters wouldn't be able to control it in the first place.

At the end of the day though, I'm not here to dictate what is and isn't suitable for a hunter to tame. That's up to Blizzard. :P I don't know enough about non-Draenei/Orc lore to argue for or against elementals and what constitutes as 'living fire but not an elemental', but if all fire is living - and therefore closer to an elemental - even an explosion from a seed wouldn't be a 'beast' in the broadest sense of the word, because, well, it's fire - which loops back again to say that if the fire is an elemental and can think and act on it's own, it's still an elemental, and we've never been able to tame elementals. Which means this thread went in circles, and then stopped and went in circles again. Dizzy yet? :P

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Arent we chasing ourselves in circles now? is there any point to commenting now?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

blizzard will take away our fire and give us croco-slimes in return :O

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

There were so many great jokes in this thread and I can't comment on them while they were happening. Let me just say then, Nub, loved the whole, "Is fire tamable?" jokes.

In all seriousness: Nubs is absolutely correct. There is an extremely slim chance that this will stay. I would bet millions that we will lose this pet, because if it's like anything, it was most like the worgen. A tricky, exploited tame to get something that is evidently not in a beast in anyway, shape, or form. (Face it, worgen are humanoids.)

Also: On the whole fires and how they choose paths...You may not know how, but I'll bet Charlie from NUMB3RS can figure it out! :D *coughs.*
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Staying or going, I still want to have it as a novelty as Veph said. I won't put my heart into on this patch of embers because it's not staying. But I will have fun with it while I can if I get the chance to have it. :D

On the side note of fire being alive and this isn't to pick fights or bickers just simple statement. Fire is 'alive' if you ask most long term firefighters. They consider it some form of living thing because it does require oxygen to survive. So to speak. Fire dies (no pun intended) when oxygen is removed or reduced to the point it cannot sustain it. It does grow in a sense. So no while not truly alive like a human or animal it certainly lives and dies.

But yes I agree that in game this shouldn't be something keep able as it is now. Flaming raptor would be sick though. Like the boar.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Azunara wrote:There were so many great jokes in this thread and I can't comment on them while they were happening. Let me just say then, Nub, loved the whole, "Is fire tamable?" jokes.

In all seriousness: Nubs is absolutely correct. There is an extremely slim chance that this will stay. I would bet millions that we will lose this pet, because if it's like anything, it was most like the worgen. A tricky, exploited tame to get something that is evidently not in a beast in anyway, shape, or form. (Face it, worgen are humanoids.)

Also: On the whole fires and how they choose paths...You may not know how, but I'll bet Charlie from NUMB3RS can figure it out! :D *coughs.*
Yeah, if they took away tiny beetle, this most assuredly will be taken away.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

We're not allowed to have cute things!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

well, it took a LOT of tries to get the timing right, we had to abandon and re-take the quest three times! (god we suck)
mind you, we kept getting healed mobs instead of fiery explosions.

so I now have a pet called "Campfire".
I'll enjoy him while he lasts, which I presume will be a few days at most.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I talked to a GM about this one, and he said the devs were already onto it and going to fix it soon.

The untargetability makes it an exploit rather than an appearance-tame, so... better get those screenshots of your fire puddles now, to save for posterity.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Yup, just like with tiny beetle I'm screenshotting it (out in the wild, I don't want people to see it in cities) because I know they'll fix it asap. It was worth taming though, even if we can only keep it for a week, just for the laughs I got pulling it out in a Firelands raid and watching people doing everything to avoid standing in it. :D
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

I wasn't expecting to keep it, by any means, but it sure has been fun running around with a big blob of fire. :D

I named mine 'Sparky', and because it'll (most likely) be removed soon, I tamed a burning boar and named him Sparky to take my little campfire's place.
Nimae
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist

Unread post by Nimae »

I tamed my own Burninator (my King Krush is called TROGDOR, for those in the know ;) ) for funsies. I know he'll most likely not be around in a short while, so like many here I'm just having fun while it lasts. My brother (mage) and I decided to duel in Tol Barad, and here are the results of Burninator under the effects of Polymorph. Going clockwise from the top left is Kitty, Pig, Sheep, Turtle, and (in the middle) Bunny:

Exploding sheep, anyone? :)

Thanks to Xakaal, Kurenio, Vephriel, Serenith, Sookie, Rongar, & Mossed for the amazing sigs (rotating), and to Serenith & Sookie for the (rotating) avatars!
Dragon Cave: My Scroll! ••• Ghosts of Christmas Past Lineage Project

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Azunara wrote: (Face it, worgen are humanoids.)
If Garwal didn't want to be tamed, he shouldn't have worn a wolf disguise. *grumbles*

(joking :lol: )

This pet IS targettable, by the way, by tabbing or just clicking his nameplate. He's not targettable when friendly, that's all. I can't see it staying around either, but hey, maybe the hunters who've tamed him will get SOMETHING nice out of it >.> Like a burning fire-puddle minipet introduced next patch? ;)
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Concussion wrote:I tamed my own Burninator (my King Krush is called TROGDOR, for those in the know ;) ) for funsies. I know he'll most likely not be around in a short while, so like many here I'm just having fun while it lasts. My brother (mage) and I decided to duel in Tol Barad, and here are the results of Burninator under the effects of Polymorph. Going clockwise from the top left is Kitty, Pig, Sheep, Turtle, and (in the middle) Bunny:

Exploding sheep, anyone? :)
Oh that's just epic XDD

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Rolling restarts @ 10am...take those screen shots now people! :hug:

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Jäysee wrote:Rolling restarts @ 10am...take those screen shots now people! :hug:

Goodbye mr.unnamed flame it was fun while it lasted!

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

So how's he?:) was planning to try out to tame one this evening (was on vacation).
Did anyone get to keep him or tried taming?
Don't panic!