T 13 is raid drop only...

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

T 13 is raid drop only...

Unread post by Monica Gems »

As per MMO-Champ, and the raging (that I support) on the forums. We've gove 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 with the ability to purchase at least 2/4, the last two being 3/4. It's like letting us eat a sandwhiich, then taking it away right as we get to the last bite.

"but i r haz 2 raid fer mah geerz n u shud 2!!!11!1" Go put up with the troll runs all week. Despite the smaller scale, it can be just as frustrating and wipe-filled, if not worse. Also, have fun with your RNG; you asked for this, let's hope you aren't sorry in the end.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: T 13 is raid drop only...

Unread post by Lisaara »

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah, Novi's gonna have to go with a DO NOT WANT here. Sometimes the RNG really, really gets stuck. :/
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Schwert
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: [[US - Proudmore]]

Unread post by Schwert »

Am I the only one who supports the notion that you have to raid to get raid gear?

It never made sense to me that you could grind heroics to get gear that was vastly superior to the content which you were doing.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kraai wrote:Am I the only one who supports the notion that you have to raid to get raid gear?

It never made sense to me that you could grind heroics to get gear that was vastly superior to the content which you were doing.
You probably are until Blizz makes raids not be so damn difficult to the point people have to pull their hair out.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

You kno they should change it from the name raid gear seeing as if you don't need to raid to get it then it's not really raid gear. :S
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

i think it's awesome that its raid only loot. bout damn time too.

all the endless badge and point types, bah.

raiding is not for pugs. whatsoever. ever.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Lol cata raids are not difficult, LK raids were even easier. It's about time they listened!
However, it won't surprise me if they break this rule and say that they want every one to see the content etc. It doesnt seem like Blizzard have much of a backbone.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Schwert
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Schwert »

Jessibelle wrote:
Kraai wrote:Am I the only one who supports the notion that you have to raid to get raid gear?

You probably are until Blizz makes raids not be so damn difficult to the point people have to pull their hair out.
I'm fairly certain heroic raids are supposed to be mind numbingly hard.
I've never had a problem with normal modes even pre-nerfs. It was just finding a group that's hard.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I could care less if you can get raid gear without raiding, some smaller guilds need that boost up to get there. that way they get to see more content they might not have otherwise(which is a GOOD THING! YAY ENJOYING A GAME YOU PAY FOR! oh wait that's terrible right?) So what is the big deal? You got yours raiding...why do you need to shit on someone elses parade?

I never understood the mindset of people that feel its okay go seclude other players from content(or prizes...retired mounts/pets anyone? IDGAF if you spent years or even weeks farming this super special mount, saying other people cant have it because that makes it less special is assinine).

I might not have minded this so much if it had been like this all along, but to up and change it suddenly is definitely a bad move on their part.
ImageImage
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kraai wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:

I'm fairly certain heroic raids are supposed to be mind numbingly hard.
I've never had a problem with normal modes even pre-nerfs. It was just finding a group that's hard.
I wasn't talking about the heroics. I expect those to be hard.
I've not had a problem, myself, its just other people aren't up to par, as you've pointed out.....which is my point exactly. Not everyone can do these raids.

LisaaraPokefarm

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

I think this is a good idea minus the fact rng hates me and the other hunter. BoT, To4W, BWD, never EVER dropped tokens for us. and Firelands has just dropped 1.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

I think this a mistake on Blizzard's part, but not because it restricts tier gear to true raiders. If Blizzard really wants to have tier gear going solely to raiders, they should keep the valor point system and let people buy whatever tier gear suits them, but also do away with awarding valor in dungeon groups and BH style "loot pinatas". This way, raiders aren't subject to being screwed by the RNG nearly as much as they will be under this system. It will also keep the "loot drama" that occurs in raiding guilds in check. I say that because everyone knows that once this goes live, message boards are going to be flooded by raiders within a few weeks QQing about how tier loot drops aren't dropping enough for their class and that their guild officers are playing favorites even more so than they did before.

Of course, I have to wonder if one of Blizzard's true motives here is to make it take longer to get fully geared out in tier gear now, either because they don't want people beating their content too quickly or because they don't want people getting geared up too quickly. If that's the case, we might be waiting a very very long time for whatever the next expansion is.
Schwert
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Schwert »

Totally messsed up the quotes due to the limit: To Jessie

And if people aren't up to snuff and can't raid they don't get the gear.
Before anybody calls me out on being some hardcore raider that gets stuff anyways; My armory proves otherwise.
I don't even have a Nefarian kill yet and I've only downed 2 bosses in firelands.

I know what it's like to be in the boat of not being able to GET that gear but I still believe that if you can't raid you don't get the gear. It's like going to work and not doing anything and expecting to be paid.
Just because you pay $15 a month doesn't mean you shouldn't put effort in.

There's still going to be stuff going out for Valor. Is that not good enough?
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Meggers wrote:I could care less if you can get raid gear without raiding, some smaller guilds need that boost up to get there. that way they get to see more content they might not have otherwise(which is a GOOD THING! YAY ENJOYING A GAME YOU PAY FOR! oh wait that's terrible right?) So what is the big deal? You got yours raiding...why do you need to shit on someone elses parade?

I never understood the mindset of people that feel its okay go seclude other players from content(or prizes...retired mounts/pets anyone? IDGAF if you spent years or even weeks farming this super special mount, saying other people cant have it because that makes it less special is assinine).

I might not have minded this so much if it had been like this all along, but to up and change it suddenly is definitely a bad move on their part.
I agree 10, 000% and i dont even really care about current content raids or the gear, unless i need the gear to successfully survive a challenge tame or new outdoor PvE content to begin with.. ive had a fair share of deaths from not being able to survive the massive facepulls my tank pet does when im in the MF trying to do quests.. took me forever to get into the habit of turning off its aoe attacks

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kraai wrote:Totally messsed up the quotes due to the limit: To Jessie

And if people aren't up to snuff and can't raid they don't get the gear.
Before anybody calls me out on being some hardcore raider that gets stuff anyways; My armory proves otherwise.
I don't even have a Nefarian kill yet and I've only downed 2 bosses in firelands.

I know what it's like to be in the boat of not being able to GET that gear but I still believe that if you can't raid you don't get the gear. It's like going to work and not doing anything and expecting to be paid.
Just because you pay $15 a month doesn't mean you shouldn't put effort in.

There's still going to be stuff going out for Valor. Is that not good enough?
Not really cause the valor stuff usually looks like crud compared to the raiding tier. If the valor stuff actually looked half decent, I'd be more supportive.

My problem is Blizz does this but then makes the raid so damn difficult. Example: Firelands. Not many have actually gotten past shannox or beth'tilac.

LisaaraPokefarm

Splaticus
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf-US

Unread post by Splaticus »

I am very opinionated when it comes to this subject. People talk about raid gear only being for raiders and once upon a time I was like that too. But when it really comes down to it, it's about the bottom line for Blizzard. You think this game would have grown so disporportionately since it's release because they cater to you precious few who believe raid gear is for raiders only? They realized the money was with the casual little guy.

That is why they created heroic modes. I quit raiding in the beginning of cataclysm after an illustrious, years long raiding resume. I do still find it a bit absurd I can run around in partial tier after farming heroics, but you know what I feel that it's my right to be able to so after the thousands of hours I've logged in actually doing hard work for that oh so special gear. I can still see story line without having to kill myself anymore.

If you're upset that raiders are getting the lesser version of the raid gear without raiding, maybe your guild should work a little harder at doing heroic modes so you can have that special-snowflake gear. Heroic gear should never ever be obtainable any other way than toiling for it. But excluding the casual little guy from content shouldn't be the answer either.

Sorry for the rant.
Thanks to Kurenio for the texted ruin of lordaeron sig!
My hunter's stables:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... t#15849171
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... t#15979749
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

theres 2 different colors to each of the cata raid gear too, if you want to feel like a serious raider then go do the heroics, you'll def stand out from the crowd then

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:theres 2 different colors to each of the cata raid gear too, if you want to feel like a serious raider then go do the heroics, you'll def stand out from the crowd then
Agreed. Let the casual raiders have their fun in normals.

LisaaraPokefarm

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Jessibelle wrote:
Xakaal wrote:theres 2 different colors to each of the cata raid gear too, if you want to feel like a serious raider then go do the heroics, you'll def stand out from the crowd then
Agreed. Let the casual raiders have their fun in normals.

Very much so! I for one appreciated all the normal mode gear on the vendors as there are a lot of people in my guild that are older...and not able to pay attention as easily as the younger portion of the guild. And we normally only had like...8 people and we only raided one day a week! Being able to get gear with JP/Valor was SO SO HUGE and let us see a lot of the fun cool content we normally wouldn't have been able to see despite having some people that are actually really good raiders.

With the cata stuff you need everyone to be up to snuff so having those few to hold you back actually hurts, but they're my friends and I'm not going to be like "Screw you I'm off to another guild to see stuff". A lot of my guild actually quit during cata because it just wasn't fun anymore...we couldn't see the content. :/
ImageImage