Mountain Horse Mount Special!!

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Mountain Horse Mount Special!!

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

But worgen aren't humans. Otherwise, they'd be humans, and a different race. Simply because an artificial mechanic means they can look like humans is saying that using your Orb of the Sin'dorei to make your tauren look normal on a hawkstrider is the same thing.

They aren't scaled properly. End of story.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Worgens were and are humans, they were humans that were afflicted with a curse, the player would still be human if they didnt get scratched by the worgen in the cellar, Crowly's daughter is still human and shes by blood related to crowly even though he is a worgen, it is a curse not a gene in their genetic make up, they wont have children who grow up with the curse because they need to be exposed to it in order to aquire it and thats only acheivable through injuries from a worgen ><

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Finally, something DIFFERENT! I'd love this horse if we'd at least get different colors, for example, I love the white horse, and the palomino was rather pretty. But yeah, the 'nom nom' grass thing is epic! :3
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:Worgens were and are humans, they were humans that were afflicted with a curse, the player would still be human if they didnt get scratched by the worgen in the cellar, Crowly's daughter is still human and shes by blood related to crowly even though he is a worgen, it is a curse not a gene in their genetic make up, they wont have children who grow up with the curse because they need to be exposed to it in order to aquire it and thats only acheivable through injuries from a worgen ><
^ This x Infinity

They're CURSED, not a separate race. They still are humans. Thats why we can transform back.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

WoW has 2 races of playable cursed Humans, The Forsaken and Worgen. Both are human one just happens to be dead and the other turn into wolf-like things.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

cowmuflage wrote:WoW has 2 races of playable cursed Humans, The Forsaken and Worgen. Both are human one just happens to be dead and the other turn into wolf-like things.
Yup. They're still human. They're not actually a different race.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

And Forsaken have a different mount.

Same rigging, but different models scaled properly to their basic state of being.

A worgen's default basic state of being is a giant werewolf monster, as evidenced by the fact you get forced back into it under pretty much any outside circumstance.

And I'm not arguing that 'Gilneans shouldnt' have horses'. I never said that. I said that it was 'lame'... or perhaps a better phrase is 'lacking effort' to simply install a couple of extant mobs that they didn't have to alter in any way (no one has yet proven to me that these aren't 100% identical to a regular un-armored horse as seen in Grizzly Hills and Hillsbrad) instead of giving us something even SLIGHTLY different. I've already said I would be okay with -slightly- different.

Hell, I think the wild horses in Hillsbrad already do the grazing behavior. So they didn't even have to put -that- in.

These horses are too damn small and show a distinct lack of effort to distinguish them from horses already in the game since they aren't new in any sense aside from a tweak to their rigging. Justify it all you like, I'm not going to agree with you. Sorry.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Here's the thing, the worgen are now technically getting two mounts this expansion, something no other race has. Not to mention, Running Wild is the worgen form mount and the horses are obviously aimed at their more human aspect (there are still human Gilneans after all).

Let's also not forget that no matter how goofy Running Wild might look, it's still a TOTALLY NEW mount mechanic that we haven't had before (and no, Plainsrunning does not count as it worked in a totally different fashion and not at all like a mount). There's really not that much reason to complain about the horses; Blizzard explicitly stated *exactly* what they were being implemented for: To even out the mount imbalance and that Running Wild is intended to be the worgen racial mount.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You know what would be awesome? Have a design-a-skin contest. Seriously, if they REALLY don't have the time to do this, why the hell don't they just put the skin template out there and say 'hay, artists, why not design your OWN idea for a Gilnean horse?! We'll give you a month free'. Though I think pretty much the whole world would do it just for bragging rights that they might use the skin.

They don't have to do anything except plop it in, they don't even have to PAY the winner, and Gilnean horses get kickass new skins (because I've SEEN what people have done to boring models in the past, like the Lynx... I'm sure that there'd be some flat out crazy amazing results.)

That'd be too easy though. Yep.

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Undead in appearance have a different mount but its still just a horse, it looks like a horse, it has the same skeletal model as the fleshy horses, the only difference is that its dead to match them, they were nothing more then horses that fell to a myriad of deadly causes (plague, slain in battle, put down because its no longer of use, old age, sickness, etc etc.)

The scourge was supposed to be an endless army of death that knew not of pain, fear, or rest. How can a live horse live with so much death around it? It cant. No clean water because its been putrified, no vegatation because the plants have withered away, the decaying toxic fumes in the air would kill it in mere days alone from a huge array of medical problems, and they just arent fearsome when they arent dead in an army of the dead.

Arthas raised his colt back into undeath, Invincible, he wanted no other horse but it was dead so he raised it from the grave. No doubt in my mind if he never had such a bond he would still find a steed worthy enough to be his mount and if it happened to be alive he would slay and reanimate it. Its not even questionable why the scourge chose undead mounts to pull their carts and bring their riders to battle.

I am greatly puzzled and immensely dumbfounded that we're trying to discuss why humans whether they be living or dead or cursed cant use horses when they all began as one race and are still technically the same race. Just because the Forsaken are led by a high elf who fell and became part of the scourge who broke free of Arthas' grasp when he grew weak, they are still 100% human, that includes the human death knights.

The main enemy the death knights are fighting in the start zone are humans so its only natural that there is no 'undead kodo' or 'undead tiger' etc, etc. for the other races to get so they take the horses from the humans and they are slain and reanimated. They, i repeat slay live horses to raise into undeath, they dont use the live horses.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Read what I said.

It's not that they're horses. I've never said they should get some kind of wacky dragon-worg-rhino thing or whatever.

Horses are fine.

These are too small, and are just old models lifted from extant game files, thus showing they spent no time whatsoever on them. No Gilnean brand, no color shift (not even as little as grabbing the Hue/Saturation slider and moving it half an inch) no alterations to the model whatsoever. It's a horse that's been in the game files since ALPHA. That's what I'm objecting to.

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

*makes macro to combine two forms (is that what its called?) and to summon the horse and adds it to action bar* :)

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think we've gotten your point by now, Nachtwulf, you can stop *cough* flogging a dead horse. :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nachtwulf wrote:Read what I said.

It's not that they're horses. I've never said they should get some kind of wacky dragon-worg-rhino thing or whatever.

Horses are fine.

These are too small, and are just old models lifted from extant game files, thus showing they spent no time whatsoever on them. No Gilnean brand, no color shift (not even as little as grabbing the Hue/Saturation slider and moving it half an inch) no alterations to the model whatsoever. It's a horse that's been in the game files since ALPHA. That's what I'm objecting to.
hate to tell ya but Clydesdales are the biggest horses.....sooo.....yeah.

LisaaraPokefarm

Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Kargath (US)

Unread post by Britany »

I want one of these!! Especially the black one because I love riding around on my black stallion on Britany (I know, that's what she said) :D :D
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Britany wrote:I want one of these!! Especially the black one because I love riding around on my black stallion on Britany (I know, that's what she said) :D :D
I'm sorry....you made me giggle. I needed that. x3

LisaaraPokefarm

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Fun fact: Some horses already can do this on Live.
WoWScrnShot_100811_170515.jpg
WoWScrnShot_100811_170515.jpg (334.91 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
Currently, live, in TH. That's the Twilight's Hammer Horse. I don't know if this has been noted, I didn't actually read all the thread. But, there are horses that can do this currently.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sweet!

LisaaraPokefarm

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Okay so personally, I'd rather Blizzard just give us two mounts to help with our collecting that put effort into it instead of putting the effort somewhere else. They imply did what the Alliance players asked them to do, which was give them two mounts to even out the numbers.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Yeah it will stop alliance collecters bitching that they have 2 less ones. Thank god.