What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by ummeiko »

Oh let's see... Hate's a strong word, so I'll just go with stuff that just doesn't suit me.

Beetles: Not sure why, actually, and some of the uldum models are really nice, but I just go "meh". It's not a bug thing, they just seem too passive to be a pet for me.

I'm not a huge fan of flying pets in general, aside from Wind Serpents and some Dragonhawks. Which is kinda a shame because there are some very pretty models for hawks and owls, but I've never been able to use one long. They just don't click. And carrion birds I don't generally like the look of. I think I might like the outland style more if they only had one head, because they have some pretty coloring. Spore bats and Nether rays just never clicked. I think in general flying things get too obtrusive. Wind serpents work for me because they're skinnier I think.

Spiders. Well, most anyway. I'm playing around with the shiny new lava spider toys that we got in 4.2. They seem to work okay because they're just unrealistic enough. Bone spiders have a sweet look but a bit too much for me.

Northrend wolves. I like the clunky vanilla wow Worg style, even if the animation is sooooo 5 years ago and could use an update. The Northrend worgs just look like they're dying.

Jormungar worms. I like the old style though.

Moths. Again, I don't really hate them, but like beetles they just don't seem very pet-like to me.

I'm indifferent to a lot of things.

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I supose the pet I would NEVER tame would be one of the carrion birds....(flash back to Molgure...a younge and overly excited trn going threw the pet tame quest chain so she can finnaly tame a pet of her very own, so happy, so excited....then hitting a brick wall with the swoop challange...stupid knock back that keeps breaking the tame...why why why you silly bird...just be my freind already...its not like Im trying to kill you >.< screams in fustration and vows to NEVER have one of these evil birds as a pet...EVER...) ~blink..blink~ ok, ya sorry bout that. But ya the Vannila WoW pet tame chain put a bad taste in my mouth forever for those birds.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

lilaughingwolf wrote:I supose the pet I would NEVER tame would be one of the carrion birds....(flash back to Molgure...a younge and overly excited trn going threw the pet tame quest chain so she can finnaly tame a pet of her very own, so happy, so excited....then hitting a brick wall with the swoop challange...stupid knock back that keeps breaking the tame...why why why you silly bird...just be my freind already...its not like Im trying to kill you >.< screams in fustration and vows to NEVER have one of these evil birds as a pet...EVER...) ~blink..blink~ ok, ya sorry bout that. But ya the Vannila WoW pet tame chain put a bad taste in my mouth forever for those birds.
ROFL! I remember that! I got so frustrated over getting interrupted that I would cringe whenever I saw those Swoops in Mulgore for years.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Kalhoun wrote:
lilaughingwolf wrote:I supose the pet I would NEVER tame would be one of the carrion birds....(flash back to Molgure...a younge and overly excited trn going threw the pet tame quest chain so she can finnaly tame a pet of her very own, so happy, so excited....then hitting a brick wall with the swoop challange...stupid knock back that keeps breaking the tame...why why why you silly bird...just be my freind already...its not like Im trying to kill you >.< screams in fustration and vows to NEVER have one of these evil birds as a pet...EVER...) ~blink..blink~ ok, ya sorry bout that. But ya the Vannila WoW pet tame chain put a bad taste in my mouth forever for those birds.
ROFL! I remember that! I got so frustrated over getting interrupted that I would cringe whenever I saw those Swoops in Mulgore for years.
~giggle~ I still do. And again thats why I will never have one...a pet isnt good when its hunter wants to run from it too...lol.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: What pet do you hate? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Vephriel »

Rhyela wrote:Sambas - I tamed him, ran one dungeon with him, then let him go. Not only is his mane obscenely floofy, he has a derpy face and his chest does this weird thing that I can't explain in words. If you look at his chest between his two front legs, around the area where his mane is supposed to connect to his body, you'll see what I mean. Cannot un-see.
So, I remember someone saying something about this and had to dig up the post. Just now I was standing in Org and saw someone's Sambas and finally noticed what you're talking about. Dear god, it's like his chest cavity hangs down in this bizarre tumor underneath him. Definitely cannot unsee. x_x
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Rhyela wrote:Sambas - his mane is obscenely floofy
For most of us who dislike Sambas, I think this is the 'mane' issue. With that big hair helmet, he looks like a Dallas housewife.

(sorry, <--native Houstonian)
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Vephriel wrote:
Rhyela wrote:Sambas - I tamed him, ran one dungeon with him, then let him go. Not only is his mane obscenely floofy, he has a derpy face and his chest does this weird thing that I can't explain in words. If you look at his chest between his two front legs, around the area where his mane is supposed to connect to his body, you'll see what I mean. Cannot un-see.
So, I remember someone saying something about this and had to dig up the post. Just now I was standing in Org and saw someone's Sambas and finally noticed what you're talking about. Dear god, it's like his chest cavity hangs down in this bizarre tumor underneath him. Definitely cannot unsee. x_x
I had to check my Sambas, Badcop, for this. Eeww!! Looks like quality control was sleeping on the job. It does this weird ungulating thing when he's idle. The good thing is it's only viewable from certain angles. I never even noticed it before. I hope they fix it. Sambas needs a tune up in general. His model is very sloppy, esp when compared to the lava spiders released in the same patch. He looks flat and cardboard to me. The only reason I'm keeping him is because my bf really likes him and requested I name him Badcop since that's my nickname for him. I don't hate Sambas but would be fine with him not in my stable.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Yes, THAT. I was willing to try to put up with the ridiculous mane and the fact that there is some horrible clipping going on with it and his front leg, but then I saw that and was like, "Okay dude, time for you to go." I am really weird about things like that. Hyenas suffer the same tumor/uni-boob/whatever you want to call it.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Top of my head ? Crabs in general I'm not crazy about, Skoll is cool looking but he has a very clunky walk that I don't like to him.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Sambas style. He's just... ick.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

I released Sambas last night. I just wasn't clicking with him and don't think he's very well done. He looks very two dimensional, is way to small when tamed, very cardboard-like, and the undulating tumor on the chest was the last straw. I would LOVE to have a big lion with a mane but I just don't like any of the ones in game now. The old world ones are scraggly and mangy looking. Sambas is a little better then them but not much, and like others have said, I can't unsee the tumor, lol!
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

Don't like: I don't like any apes. I don't like apes in real life either so they really don't mesh with me in wow. I also dislike both mastiffs and demon rune dogs.
I really dislike northrend worgs. At one point I had to have one and I got the colour-changer and looked at it and couldn't find a name for the overly skinny sgraggly thing...finally one day I just named him Runt. I was happy when wolves were not number ones anymore and BM was viable option for surv. Soon after I got rid of him I also set Skoll free even though he was my first SB and a longish camp. Just couldn't bear looking at his form anymore.

Wish I could like:
I really like the look of skinny spiders (not the lava ones though) and wish I could have one, just the sound they make when walking, this kind of gooey liquid sound drives me mad.
I love the look of owls but I can't stand their screech. I also don't mesh well with other birds of prey. I wanted Aotona during the Wrath period, but never got him and when Thousand Needles sank went and got green-yellow parrot and I'm holding on to my Maitai even though I don't use her often. Carrion birds I love, though.

I let Terrorpene go after realising I missed my grey turtle Puca who tanked the whole Wrath for me. Now he's back with me.

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

Do not like apes, ingame and in real life.

And absolutelly hate brain boss silithinds, argh, disgusting and noting cool about them, imo^_^
Don't panic!
Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

Blah, what's with all the ravager hate? No one here likes Scrab Cakes?!

http://teamconorowner.webs.com/photos/O ... 0Cakes.bmp
Wut?
Nakae
Realm: Farstriders, Khaz'goroth, Cairne (Alliance)

Unread post by Nakae »

my least favourites:

bats (what do they attack with? their teeny teeth, or the pudgy claws?) , sporebats (they have nothing to attack with, AT ALL), nether rays (balloons with oars on the sides, blades on the wrong side of the wings : /), moths (oh no! a moth is attacking! EEEEE!!! -.-), non-colourful dragonhawks (pastel moths), hyenas (looks like they ran into a wall and got squished), ravagers (I want a mount for a raid or something where you sit on the crotch spike... is that weird?) and most things that fly, because they're too shifty. I like my vanilla stuff, like cats and wolves. they make the most sense to me, attack-wise.

my little big input :)
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

i dont hate any but ravagers, ape, monkeys, foxes, and sambas im afraid of apes in rl and i cant stand the other models

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

I hate the gorillas and monkeys. I think it has something to do with the Uncanny Valley for me; they are similar enough to strange, hairy humans that their appearance is off-putting. I also hate the worgs in Twilight Highlands because they got my hopes up SO many times during my camp for Karoma.

I don't hate him, but Skarr gets annoying because EVERY huntard on my server has him. I see him everywhere, even frequently in the wild. He's... he's stalking me. But I just don't want him. :(

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

RHMakonea
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (H/A)

Unread post by RHMakonea »

Spiders: (especially the fire spiders) They make that gross sound when they move, everyone has one, everyone has a ninja'd Deth'tilac story etc. I just don't like them in general

Monkeys/Apes: they're noisy and run weird and don't like them irl or in game

Bats: ugly and need to go away

Ravagers: hate how they look, sound, move, everything about them gets under my skin

Signature by the Wonderful Britany

My DeviantArt

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Wed May 23, 2012 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Sesamee »

Teigan wrote:Sambas's chest issue is basically a bigger version of the weirdly fluid chest the saber cats have. It bothered me like crazy with them, but I got over it and I guess by extension can forgive Sambas's unfortunate issue.
Besides, his little round ears and derpy face say "Please save me" in a way the other cats don't. ;)
Oh god! My white Saber cat, Dulcinea, better not have this issue! Now I have to log on and check her!

ETA: I just checked, she does a little bit but nowhere near as bad as sambas, and it's her whole chest not one tumor like area! I can live with that for one of my favorite pets!