What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Jessibelle wrote:
Meggers wrote:Its interesting to see what a lot of people have to say on this. :)

Seems that Gorillas/Monkeys are overall disliked. Interesting!
Yeah. They're useless as pets and gorilla's have that annoying scratching butt. Plus their faces are uuuugly.
:( I wouldn't say they were useless, in fact as a BM enthusiast yourself, if you have BM talents you can get a 2 second interrupt with pummel, below 20 secs cooldown, and it's set and forget as you can put it on autocast. I know for raiding it would not be optimal in most situations due to it's family group, but then some times it's not about dps, but more so control.

There was also that time where the scourge invasion started just b4 wrath, and we got our new talents and specs b4 the expansion. OMG they were the absolute fo shizzle! Their Thunderstop used to do Sooooo much damage and cause Sooooo much threat you could gather up literally 10+ mobs of your lvl and just volley them all into the ground. All this with NO aggro issues (this b4 the MD Glyph), They were So OP back then. But yeah, in the end all tenacity got TS (I remember GC trying to explain how a worm could Thunerstomp with it's little feelers :lol: ) and it's damage and aggro barely kept the mend pet aggro off you. (not that it didn't need the nerf, but it was fun while it lasted.)

I too however, find the model a little on the off side (and as some one mentioned b4, the pink face one creeps me out too) but I would rank there usefulness rather high up there in certain scenarios, which is more than a lot of others we have imo.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

True...not 100% useless but still not exactly optimal for dps. Very situational but their face...They just got this "ADERP!" look to them.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: What pet do you hate? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Wain wrote:I've met plenty of dogs that aren't tame in the real world. And in the game the ones in Gilneas, for example, have gone feral and are definitely not tame.

Dogs are considered a separate subspecies and have a common set of genetic traits that are not generally found in wolves, both physiological and mental. They can understand humans in a way that wolves don't seem to be able to even if they're raised from pups. Tens of thousands of years of selective evolution by us have made them more like us. They're no longer just tamed wolves.
I wouldn't advocate getting rid of the dog family, dogs have been used in hunting for a long time, but I can definitely see Sarantha's point.

In my head, dogs are for hunters that can't tame wolves. But I also take it a step further and say wolves are for hunters that can't tame devilsaurs! :)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Wain wrote:I've met plenty of dogs that aren't tame in the real world. And in the game the ones in Gilneas, for example, have gone feral and are definitely not tame.

Dogs are considered a separate subspecies and have a common set of genetic traits that are not generally found in wolves, both physiological and mental. They can understand humans in a way that wolves don't seem to be able to even if they're raised from pups. Tens of thousands of years of selective evolution by us have made them more like us. They're no longer just tamed wolves.
I wouldn't advocate getting rid of the dog family, dogs have been used in hunting for a long time, but I can definitely see Sarantha's point.

In my head, dogs are for hunters that can't tame wolves. But I also take it a step further and say wolves are for hunters that can't tame devilsaurs! :)
and devilsaurs are for hunters with... "size" issues
:lol:

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sukurachi wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:In my head, dogs are for hunters that can't tame wolves. But I also take it a step further and say wolves are for hunters that can't tame devilsaurs! :)
and devilsaurs are for hunters with... "size" issues :lol:
Let's just say I have issues and leave it at that! :) RAWR!
Sodequis
Realm: Tichondrius - US

Unread post by Sodequis »

All the new spiders!!!!
Nothing unique, rare, or special about a spider that every hunter and their brother is running around with. Just blah. I've tamed each for the challenge of taming and then abandon!
Though I did keep the fiery turtle from this last patch. Respawn on him is crazy making him a bit more rare to see and have to have a turtle for the role they fill and the other turtles and beetles just look boring.
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Like:

Ravagers: I only got one for the buff but once I tamed mine (the blue and green one from the Alliance zone) I realized how stunningly beautiful she really is. She looks like a spiky flower. I've looked closer at all of them since and they are one of my favorite families now.

Cats: I'm a huge cat lover irl. I love most all the cats, my favorite model being the white sabertooth huntress from Winterspring. Gorgeous!

Rhinos: Love these big hulking tank monsters. I named mine Crash because a group of them is called a herd or a crash of rhinos. never knew that till I googled Rhinos looking for a name lol.

Bears: I like the bear looks. I'm probably in the minority but I think they look ferocious and cuddly at the same time. My favorite are the white models.

Jormungers: I love these big ugly worm looking things. The Norse mythology their idea originated from is very interesting as well. I have the white model.

Worgs: I like their looks. Since I'm new to hunters I dont have the Wrath burnout on them that many have. I tamed the color changing one from West Icecrown. She's awesome.

Loque'Nahak: Badass of badass pets!! Normally I dont like Spirit Beasts (the translucent skins are ugly) but this guys "spirit" shows through his skin in just the right amounts and places. Love him!

Dislike:

Demon Dogs: These will always be demons to me, not dogs. They should never have allowed these to be tamed by hunters. Warlocks should have the ability to Enslave demons out in the world just like Hunters Tame Beasts. These should be Warlock pets only IMO.

Dogs: I hate their Lock Jaw talent. It comes from the myth that Pit Bulls have locking jaws. This is so completely false and one of the reasons people are afraid of pit bulls an they die by the hundreds of thousands each year. Stop perpetuating this myth, Blizzard!

Hyena's: Kinda boring, I have one for the buff but they're just kind of "meh" to me.

Sithilids: They just look weird. I tamed Ainamiss then released her cause she looked like a big pink floating balloon. Not my thing!

Moths: They seem to delicate and ethereal to be ferocious fighting beasts.

Shale Spiders: They're rocks not beasts. What was Blizz thinking allowing hunters to tame them?

Crabs: They're hard to take seriously. I have Karkin but will probably release him to make room if I need it. His "numnumnum" animation he does while idle is hilarious, not really combat pet style though for me.

Spirit Beasts: I don't like the translucent skins. And why did Blizz have to make three translucent cats that all basically look the same? I don't get that. I'll tame the new ones for the challenge if I come across them (I have Magria and Ban'thalos) but will probably not keep them. I hate the streaks that Ban'thalos's wings leave its annoying. Now Olm the Wise is beautiful, a spectral bird but with just the right amount of transparency. You get the impression of him being a spirit but you can still see him. I love my Olm, renamed Strix.

Sambas: Amazing idea in theory but his model ends up making him look like pixelated cardboard. I'm keeping him though in hopes they improve his model in the future.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Sambas looks like one should use him as a duster, he's so poofy.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Pets I hate:

Damaged Boss Silithid: gross and just eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww
Silithids in gerneral: never liked crawly ant-like insects... (wasps and bugs are just fine for me)
White Devilsaur: Just looks creepy with the pink and white - reminds me of an Albino and I never liked albino animals in rl (although I know it's not their fault, something just disturbs me)

Pets I dislike:

Gorillas: Butt scratching, has already been mentiond - screw that and I would retame my gorilla for my Tauren
Monkeys: awkward running and just too small in my opinion
seagulls: too small, too. I don't care what size a pet has in RL, but if it looks like a mini-pet companion next to anything bigger than a dwarf, something must be totally wrong with it
Netherrays: beautiful colours, but their maws/faces scare the shit out of me
Ravagers: just strange, ability's cooldown is way too long (even as BM) to be useful, never liked their running nor their whole appearance
diseased pets: I just feel so sorry for them, I want to wrap them in bandages and tell them it's going to be ok. If there was a quest where you could save them forever, I would happily run over whole Azeroth and heal every single bear/wolf/.. that is out there.
Jormungar worms: too big where other pets are too small, since when are there huge fluffy worms? well, scratch MIB.... And why are some earthern creatures bigger than rhinos? If they were smaller I would like them, but a WORM that is bigger than my rhino? NEVER

This was pretty much it. There are pets I'm not very fond of (like Dragonhawks or vultures), but I don't dislike them like the ones above, I just wouldn't tame them with one of my hunters (maybe except for a stable theme or something).

edit: typo...

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Just for fun, here are the pet families no one have said they hate yet. I just browsed through quick but hopefully got this right.

Crocolisks - I'm surprised. I'm sure someone would have said they hate their constant snarling.
Scorpids - Some talk about Madexx here but not really hating him, or any other scorpid skin.
Turtles
Raptors - Not counting where Lupis said we shouldn't tame them due to their intelligence. It wasn't a hate against them.
Tallstriders - <3

Poor cunning pets. Every family got a mention of dislike.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I think like more than half of the pets people have said they really hate in here, are all pets I totally adore. :lol: I've come across a lot of pets that I thought I once hated, only to fall in love with them once I finally tamed one.

The only pets I actually severely dislike and potentially hate are monkies and gorillas. I dislike demon dogs because of their derpy faces and goofy models, but I plan on taming them if they fit a certain hunter theme I'm going for.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wassa wrote:Just for fun, here are the pet families no one has said they hate yet: Crocolisks, Scorpids, Turtles, Raptors, Tallstriders
I know I love all of those, especially the three tenacity pets. And I think my tallstrider Tepui has the coolest name of all my current pets!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Tallstriders I dont HATE. I just wish their ability was more useful.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I can't say there's any pet I actively "hate" or even really "dislike".
There's a bunch of pets that I actually LOVE, but that have some sound or graphic issue that bothers me.

For example, I LOVE the look of the birds, like Olm... except I really dislike the sound they make with their screeching. I play mostly with headphones on, so... it gets loud.

I LOVE the look of Ravagers, but for some reason, the high polygon count (or something like that) in their model just plays havoc with my graphics card.. I get incredible lag and choppy performance.

I don't care for spiders.. but that's a real life thing. Except now I got a pretty yellow fire spider from the new zone, and I TOTALLY love it.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Yeah, the fire spiders are great for those of us with spider phobias who find too much realism in our spider pets to be ... disturbing. Even if they really should be elementals and not counted as spiders. Meh, I don't really care.
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

Nubhorns wrote:
Wassa wrote:Whatever rare is popular at the time will bug me. I can't walk through Orgimmar now without tripping over Madexxs, Sambas, and tons of lava spiders. However, it's not because they are so rare that they are common, but because some hunters that only tame FotM rares think they are so special having a stable full of only rares. I had a hunter that whispered me telling me I was bad because I used a red lynx and didn't have Sambas because Sambas, being a rare, is so much better. No thank you. Your rare only stable is boring. I rather find a hunter with "common" pets because those stables truly are unique and interesting.
I know this feeling exactly. :/ I get it pretty frequently in dungeons for some reason. Skarr is the exact same as my lynx, but apparently he's better because he's shiny and unique.

I have not met a single 'rare collector' in game who I actually like. I'm not talking about a few spirit beasts and Skarr + Sambas + some spiders - I'm talking about the gibbering idiots with overflowing stables with four Loques and a serious case of unwarranted self-importance who pooh-pooh anything that doesn't have a silver dragon and 'OMGAH YOUNEEK' plastered on its ass. I have issues with the 'Pokemon trainers' too who stockpile the spiders/Madexxes, never use them and then go 'I HAVE NO MORE ROOM', but most of them are nice people. :P
Of all the pets in my stable, I have 9 that are not Silver Dragon spawns (oil wolf, purple cata croc, Princess Huhuran, etc are in this category of 10). Of all of my pets, only 4 are readily available (green OL raptor, pink tallstrider, blueish purple beetle, green core hound).

Aside from the Spirit Beasts (of which I have 8, and they ALL see ample daylight), the rares I tamed were because I had no other option. Find me a common tameable gem cat, a green devilsaur, a purple/blue parrot. My only choice was a rare spawn. I've stated this before and a couple people agreed. I didn't tame The Evalcharr because lolz rare!, I tamed him because I like green pets, I like chimeras, and I LOVE the old world chimera skin. He was my only option for a green old world chimera. If there were common versions flooded into Azshara, I wouldn't care.

I like the skin, not the rarity. They just end up going hand in hand a lot of the time. When I found out the only green shale spider was a rare that also dropped a pet, I think the people in South America heard my long string of obscenities.
Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: azshara

Unread post by Skeeter »

I hate when i see people the fire turtle, and name it "spike" "Bowser" "Hotshot" or anythign else referring to his flames, idk why, its just a really unrealisitc (in wow) pet model, granted i can put up with the lava spiderss, but that turtle is kinda just too non beasty looking, granted i TRIED really really hard to main him, but i couldnt, and ended up with my ol' BFD turtle again, which is WAY better imo. I will never tame that fire turtle again
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Monica Gems wrote: I like the skin, not the rarity. They just end up going hand in hand a lot of the time.
Me too! If a particular beast appeals to me I'll tame it regardless of it's rarity. Having everyone and their sister running around with their "rares" takes the uniqueness out of them anyway. I do like the challenge tames and am going to tame them all while it's still a challenge but only keep the ones I like and would have tamed regardless of status. My favorite cat is my white huntress from Winterspring. Not rare but the most gorgeous cat model in game, IMO.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Skeeter wrote:I hate when i see people the fire turtle, and name it "spike" "Bowser" "Hotshot" or anythign else referring to his flames, idk why, its just a really unrealisitc (in wow) pet model, granted i can put up with the lava spiderss, but that turtle is kinda just too non beasty looking, granted i TRIED really really hard to main him, but i couldnt, and ended up with my ol' BFD turtle again, which is WAY better imo. I will never tame that fire turtle again

I love his look and hes the only turtle I actually like! (Except sea turtle, those are effing adorable <3) and named him Spudd. But I haven't used him much yet...I am so horrible ;-;
ImageImage
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I only like the normal turtles :S