Page 1 of 1

Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:24 am
by Vephriel
I was flying around the Ruins of Gilneas (I love the look of the zone), and I inadvertently stumbled on this neat little spot. How perfect would this be for in-game weddings or other similar events? I'd never seen the location before, there's so many awesome details like this tucked into the zone.

Just took a few quick screenies:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 am
by cowmuflage
Yup sure would be.

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:32 am
by Chimera
I wouldnt mind going there to RP on my own, its a rather sad, moody, and somber place. My longest lasting hunter Bloodwhisker has been married and divorced so many times and my night elf druid Ysaeil still fairly recently divorced i dont think id RP marry again

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:34 am
by Wain
Oh wow, certainly looks just right for it... er and an after-wedding suicide plunge ;)

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:36 am
by Lisaara
oh wow Veph! I'll keep that in mind for any rps.

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:44 am
by Chimera
it kind of looks like there was a wedding going on when the worgen attacked, hence the roses thrown everywhere, while some see it as a place for a perfect gilnean wedding i see lots of tragedy (which i like, gives me inspiration for drawing and poems)

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:26 am
by Anyia
Awww, Vephriel looks so lonely there in the second last screenie :(

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 am
by Teigan
Beautiful screenshots. I love Gilneas :)

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 am
by Wain
Anyia wrote:Awww, Vephriel looks so lonely there in the second last screenie :(
Well, she had just killed and eaten the last groom who fell for her idyllic wedding scene trap. It's not just a coincidence she has an affinity with spiders ;)

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 am
by Worba
Perfect spot except the weather there is permanently British i.e. no sunlight, just rain and fog. ;)

EDIT: And Wain - lol. Nice one :lol:

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:23 am
by Royi
Wain wrote:Oh wow, certainly looks just right for it... er and an after-wedding suicide plunge ;)
Now that you say that... Makes good sense


Speaking of which, they should really do something with that zone after the starter levels

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:03 am
by GormanGhaste
Ooo, thanks for pointing out this hidden gem!

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:09 pm
by Teigan
I showed my girlfriend and if we ever get around to doing an in game wedding (ahem...), we might just do it there. :)

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:14 pm
by Jadein92
Teigan wrote:I showed my girlfriend and if we ever get around to doing an in game wedding (ahem...), we might just do it there. :)
Which may be....soonish (ah*extraphlem*em...)
*cough cough* not obvious statement worded above.

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:25 pm
by Mychelle
Its one of my favorite places in game. <3 Its so pretty.

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:56 pm
by Ket Shi
I love Gilneas, shame it's so quiet and deserted after the worgen starting zone. Cool find!

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:06 pm
by SylviaDragon
^ Well, that was a it random. [MOD NOTE: I deleted the spam post this comment referred to ;) - W]

I cant believe I never noticed that spot before. Gilneas is one of my favorite locations and I thought I had thoroughly explored the zone on many occasions. guess I missed this little place.

Re: Gilneas 'Wedding' Location

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:07 pm
by Bowno
Yuuup. That's where my Worgen got married a while back xD