Blizzards Pet Store Expands

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Re: Blizzards Pet Store Expands

Unread post by Jakkra »

True. I think the thing that really bothers me is, for the amount you pay for the mount, you could have payed for nearly 2 months play time... or 1/2 the cost of a whole other game. But meh, it's not my money they're spending so whatever.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Jakkra wrote:My hearth is set to Dalaran and when I logged in... wow, the steed lag was pretty amazing. Kind of takes away some of the coolness of the mount, if every where you look, there's another steed. =\
Doesn't take it away for me. Just makes me more anxious for when I can get my own.

Cause I mean sorry but how is this different than people with the bronze drakes, red drakes, blue drakes, etc etc? People are spazzing out just like any mount fad. I mean it's no different than the Echayeeke fad I started on Hellfire, and it lasted for a few days before people moved on to the next pet fad.

This also isn't any different when people had to have netherdrakes or rays, etc etc.

I don't care if everyone ends up having one, I am happy cause a crapload of my alts will never have to buy a mount/never have to buy another mount, and I don't have to buy a flying mount twice! Score!

It's worth it to me, no matter how many people and their mothers have it.
Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

To me also it means alot because I bet I won't get a chance on getting the Invincible anyway. (unless I lose my raiding fear and find guild to my main which is not happening so far)

I'm glad someone said Alwayyys~ it really reminds me of Robot Unicorn...ALOT.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I agree with Ryai on this. Just the simple fact that my alts, and future characters (goblin and worgen specificaly) won't actually need to buy their mounts, is a really big plus for the little ammount of real life money it cost. Especially the gryphons! Oh man I am so tired of them! Glad I won't have to buy those on my alts that are nearing level 58!
ImageImage
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

At least you Alliance can get a pretty Snowy Gryphon. All the Horde wyvern are brown, brown, brown (until you get to Dalaran and buy the one blue one).
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I have to say i have only seen 1 of those new mounts today :S
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Apparently I'm the only one who sees this, but the steed becomes invisible underwater, except for the armor. XD
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_041610_133550.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041610_133550.jpg (117.42 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
WoWScrnShot_041610_133542.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041610_133542.jpg (111.9 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

0.o

I was wondering what you were talking about. For me it was just a bit foggier underwater.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

well, I got one.. for each of my accounts!
I love having a pretty mount (and *I* happen to find it stunningly beautiful - I LOVE the transparent, twinkly look on pets, I have Gondria on a couple of my hunters)

I also think it's a great price, considering I have it on nearly 20 toons per account... that's a LOT of gold saved in the game. Only gotta pay for riding training.

One thing I noticed, it has a slow walk speed when you're in a flying zone, so the fast ground mount can STILL come in handy.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

This means my draeni will never have to look at another elekk again! GIMME!

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:This means my draeni will never have to look at another elekk again! GIMME!
No more elekks for Draenei or kodo for Tauren. <3 Them being two of my favourite races, I couldn't be happier.

Edit: Now you can fly underwater! ... Well kinda, the Celestial Steed just has to be a land mount, but it uses its flight animation when diving.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_041610_185059.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041610_185059.jpg (52.03 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Murloc Chow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US:The Scryers, EU: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Murloc Chow »

Want OMG Want sooo bad!!

The question is do I get it for my EU account or my American account, better not do both :P

Edit: NEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEEDNEED!!!

Artist: Murloc Chow, Medium: msPaint
Arkiss
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Arkiss »

Honestly I'd have something disparaging to say about marginalizing collectors with less income than others but it occurs to me that

a) if you have limited income, perhaps you should not be paying a monthly subscription for a game

b) I want that horse and I'm going to get my BF to get it for me for our anniversary

In all honestly I'm glad that sucker is a purchasable mount rather than a multi-achievement reward or a limited time world event reward (like the black quiraji tank.) I'm fine with this sort of thing so long as the stuff you get offers no mechanical advantage over other players, since it has no effect on their gameplay versus yours. A spectral horse is very cool looking, as is a mimi XT or Pandaren, but in the end it doesn't do anything that a drake or griffon can't do, and they're free beyond the subscription.

And in case you should wonder, and in case you should care...on that night of all nights, we were already there.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I got the panda as a pre surgery gift now the only way i will proverly get the mount is if i have a new one....
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

cowmuflage wrote:I got the panda as a pre surgery gift now the only way i will proverly get the mount is if i have a new one....
I can come and break your leg if you like. ^^
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Am I the only one that thinks the mounts are fugly? Altho, I guess if there's a celestial steed mount, it wouldn't be hard for blizz to turn one into a Spirit Pet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't care for them at all Fuzzy...seeing them in game just reaffirmed how poorly they were put together anatomy-wise.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I find them just as ugly as the twilight drake that thing looks like it was put together by a colourblind 5 yr old.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I went ahead and got one yesterday and I have to say it's been and more then likely going to be worth it for me simply because I have multiple toons who can all use this. Three will hit 60 very soon. So that means no paying big gold for the flying mount for each toon. Not to mention it's interesting seeing a Death Knight riding a see through sparkly pegasus. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

cowmuflage wrote:I find them just as ugly as the twilight drake that thing looks like it was put together by a colourblind 5 yr old.
Firstly: there is a mini pet that is still 'location unknown', secondly, looking where the Twilight drake drops-

Sartharion in The Obsidian Sanctum (Heroic 25-man)

the fact that it looks like how you described it, if poorly, is the reason why it's a hodgepodge of netherdrake and black drake colors. It's most likely a warped Nethdrake. IE Nether Wing ledge? All those eggs that got transported before we went and saved them, etc etc. And it still seems like Deathwing got quite a fair amount of them still. And since Nether Drakes are basically of the black flight, inter breeding would be possible.

Though I'm not saying you have to like either mounts, I really don't care if you don't like them, there's some mounts I could care less for myself, but it just miffed at the colorblind comment.