How was this possible?

Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

How was this possible?

Unread post by Melentari »

I'm a little wary of posting this anywhere, but I really have to ask.

While levelling Highwing, my bug hunter, I asked in /1 in Hellfire Peninsula if anybody could give me a hand with killing Arazzius. I got an 85 shadow priest offering me help. She was with a level sixty-some spriest from her guild and had just finished helping a mage with Colossal Menace. So with that done, she offered for us to go through Blood Furnace with her and her guildie. It sounded like free XP to me, so I said sure.

Somehow, led by this 85 spriest, a 60, a 63, and a 64 got into 70-heroic Blood Furnace. I have screenshots to prove it, and here's a link to my achievement:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... 14805:a668

Last I knew, you weren't even able to go into a heroic dungeon unless you were top level for that dungeon. I guess this proves that wrong, but when did they change it?

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: How was this possible?

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I just discovered this too. Apparently, somewhere along the line without telling anyone, they dropped the level reqs for Outland heroics to 60. Yes, 60. You can't queue for them but you -can- get in.

You will also die a lot, but hey.

A guildie ended up helping me powerlevel to 68 by running me through almost every heroic. Extra side bonus: Guild Achieves for completion (there was another person with us.)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Yeah a few guildies and I discovered that by accident. I was running them through and forgot I had it set to heroic, and we discovered when they noticed the mobs were all very red and deadly for them. :lol:

Edit: iirc we discovered it 2-3 months ago, so it's not entirely new.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Oh good. At least I'm not the only one this has happened to. XD I was so worried I was somehow managing to use an exploit or something.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Yeps its supposed to be like that now. :) They removed keys, rep requirements and quests to unlock heroics and lowered the lvl needed to get in. (happend last patch i think. its been around for a while now.) It’s nice if you want to get the extra xp, gear, rep or mounts on a lower lvl toon. (if you have someone willing to run you anyway.)
I think they had to get rid of the keys because you could throw them away or stash them in the bank, thus unlocking unlimited specific heroic runs. (like say you could do heroic mgt but tossed the other keys so mgt was the only one you could q for. Your group could then run nothing but mgt until they got bored.) since you needed rep to buy the keys and the keys were taken out blizz just decided to do away with/tweak everything to make it easier to get in. (Thank you blizz, you cut my Q time in half! X.X)

ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

What it used to be was that there was no hard level requirement, but you had to be revered with Thrallmar/Honor Hold. And you couldn't do that without at least a few shattered halls runs, which required level 70. You could kill mobs till friendly, and run Ramparts/BF till honored, but even the saving the questing until honored couldn't take you to revered without any Shattered Halls clears.

Somewhere towards the end of BC they dropped the rep requirement for all of the keys down to honored, which made it possible for underlevelled people to get into some of the heroics (Hellfire, the Zangarmarsh ones... I think Auchindoun but I don't remember for sure). I remember at one point getting into a H Ramparts and looking to see that one of the dps was level 62... Needless to say, it didn't go anywhere.

Since they got rid of keys, I guess it's just open to everyone able to do the normals. I didn't think about it until just now, what the cutoff would be.

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Do you still need honored for the heroics? Because if not, I'm gonna go step on Anzu...
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I was nowhere near honoured, or I don't think I was, when I got into HBF, so... go for it?

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

As long as your the appropriate level to physically enter through whatever method then you can run it once every day (if your under or over the que range)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |