Mounts to be made account wide.

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Mounts to be made account wide.

Unread post by Snowy »

*Bare in mind right here that this is my opinion. Feel free to agree or disagree but do not bash me for my opinion.*

"Mounts are on the list of things to be made account wide, either at launch or a patch soon after."

This must be a joke. Please tell me this is some sick prank they're playing on me. Either that or I'm reading it wrong because there is no way they can make mounts account wide. In my mind what this means is that when you obtain a new mount it instantly goes to all your current and future characters as well. Remember that fun camping for Time Lost for your alts? Won't happen anymore. Remember doing a million runs for a mount for your main when your alt got it in just a few runs and it was annoying but it was still fun? Won't happen anymore.

Yes, I did just read this, so no doubt my opinion on it is a little over the top. But this is something I don't feel confident about at all. Same goes for account wide achievements, titles and pets too.

No I'm not going 'OMG IF THEY DO THIS I'LL QUIT WOW AND NEVER PLAY AGAIN' but it will be a massive stab in the chest for me. MoP is a long way off still but they did seem rather set on this idea. Also it's not too clear what the intentions are exactly. All it says is that they plan on making mounts account wide, it doesn't say if this means you'll be able to trade a mount to another character or what, as far as I know it just means that characters will all have the same mount pages.

Give your opinions.

Edit:

Chaoyll wrote:

There's still a lot of people here making their opinions sound like facts, but hey, that's every forum for you and I'll just ignore it.

I thought about this over-night and yes, I can see the good sides to this. I can see good and bad sides and it's slowly growing on me. Hopefully by MoP I'll completely like the idea. I wouldn't want to leave the game over something as trivial as this. I am, like everyone else, also wondering how certain mounts will work. I wonder if they'll remove the profession requirements on mounts now, I would love to see that, I hate the idea of having a profession I don't like just to get mounts. (I'm a grind-profession person, don't have the patience to level crafting profs, hehe.) And I also wonder how it would work for cross faction characters. I'll assume it's the same as when you faction transfer, since there's always a faction equivalent of every mount. I'll also assume they take at the start whichever character has the most mounts and apply it to all current and future characters. Also class-specific mounts won't be counted I guess, they'll just go to the right classes and that's all. (Still waiting to see if they ever add in mounts for other classes!)

Otherwise I must apologise for my blunt and very negative response in the first post. I was not having a good evening at all.

Last edited by Snowy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Re: Mounts to be made account wide.

Unread post by Mozag »

I have to say that I would really like this change. I do not play my 85s very often, and spend most of the time leveling up a vast army of alts. Sometimes I get this feeling that I should farm for mounts or pets or titles, and I stick it for a few days/weeks, until I get what I want on one of my level capped toons. Then the interest wanes, and I go back to leveling my beloved alts. However, it has always irked me that if I earn something on one of my characters, I need to earn that same thing across all 30 of my characters if I want it. Seems very pointless to me, and was definitely one of the things that most discouraged me from actually farming most things.

I really hope this happens, it will certainly spark more interest in mount and pet farming for me.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm happy about this. Means less mount grinding and my other toons can enjoy the mounts that I worked my ass off to get.

Camping for TLPD? Fun? Bullcrap. I had so much heartache camping for him, and I still dont have him to this day. Also mounts being account wide means LESS campers cause it wont be one person camping on 10 different alts that sits ontop of you.

No offense but you hate everything that people wanted for years. I don;t see anything wrong with this, especially since less griefing will be involved.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

"Remember that fun camping for Time Lost for your alts? Won't happen anymore. Remember doing a million runs for a mount for your main when your alt got it in just a few runs and it was annoying but it was still fun?"

Err, no, gonna disagree with that. Not fun at all. I'm seriously looking forward to this.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Jessibelle wrote:Camping for TLPD? Fun? Bullcrap.

So because you don't have it, it's not fun? There is so much thrill in camping and that's why people do it. Sure, it comes with idiots and stackers and long, long waits but there's some amazing thrill in hearing your NPC Scanner go off and eventually catching that mount and have this flow of relief and happiness flow through you. So much so that it makes a lot of people want to do it again.

I forgot to mention however that, yes, I *can* see the advantages to this. For example, someone who has the Spectral Tiger. Since you only get it for your character people no longer need to worry about changing who their main is and feeling like they've wasted money on a mount they never use. Plus yeah, some rep mounts for example are annoying as piss to get and would be good to have account wide. But not ALL OF THEM. No. It sounds too silly. I like to achieve my mounts on each character and I know people that feel the same way.

Last edited by Snowy on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm pretty happy with this. I am not one to do any camping or grinding for mounts on a character besides Vephriel. She's my main and the only character I work achievements on, mounts, rep grinds, etc. I don't think I'd use my PSD on another character, he's strictly Veph's, but just having the option of all my mounts being available on others is wonderful.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Jessibelle wrote:I'm happy about this. Means less mount grinding and my other toons can enjoy the mounts that I worked my ass off to get.

Camping for TLPD? Fun? Bullcrap. I had so much heartache camping for him, and I still dont have him to this day. Also mounts being account wide means LESS campers cause it wont be one person camping on 10 different alts that sits ontop of you.
Yeah I agree.

Anyone who really wants to can still camp the spawn repeatedly on different toons if it makes them feel like they "earned it", but for the rest of us, I think this is a good thing.

(And let's all remember that "spawn camping" = computer on with NPC_Scan running in the next room while you read a book, do laundry or etc...)
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Is there a way to un-sub from threads? I don't think there is but there should be, like on MMO-C. I don't want to have to look at this anymore tbh.

Basically, I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but not like this. Really guys. There's a difference between disagreeing with me and acting like my opinion was just wrong. And it's not nice.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

As the original poster, you can always request that the thread be locked.

And next time, I would suggest thinking about whether or not you really want others' opinions before asking for them.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

GormanGhaste wrote:As the original poster, you can always request that the thread be locked.

And next time, I would suggest thinking about whether or not you really want others' opinions before asking for them.

I love hearing other people's opinions really. But not when those people are going to act like their opinion is fact. It happens all the time, I suppose.

I will stick to the mount journals on this forum and take my opinions elsewhere.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Chaoyll wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Camping for TLPD? Fun? Bullcrap.

So because you don't have it, it's not fun? There is so much thrill in camping and that's why people do it. Sure, it comes with idiots and stackers and long, long waits but there's some amazing thrill in hearing your NPC Scanner go off and eventually catching that mount and have this flow of relief and happiness flow through you. So much so that it makes a lot of people want to do it again.

I forgot to mention however that, yes, I *can* see the advantages to this. For example, someone who has the Spectral Tiger. Since you only get it for your character people no longer need to worry about changing who their main is and feeling like they've wasted money on a mount they never use. Plus yeah, some rep mounts for example are annoying as piss to get and would be good to have account wide. But not ALL OF THEM. No. It sounds too silly. I like to achieve my mounts on each character and I know people that feel the same way.

No. I'm saying it's not fun whether you have it or not. Listing my own personal experience doesn't mean it's the only reason. No one here is being mean about it. We're just heavily disagreeing and it's been civil.

LisaaraPokefarm

Dagonium
Realm: Frostwhisper

Unread post by Dagonium »

Jessibelle wrote:I'm happy about this. Means less mount grinding and my other toons can enjoy the mounts that I worked my ass off to get.

No offense but you hate everything that people wanted for years. I don;t see anything wrong with this, especially since less griefing will be involved.
Yea, there'll be less mount grinding and you get the mounts you worked for. On an alt it wont feel as good and you'll lose interest cause you can look at it all the time. Ashes? Now everyone who has one will be on it all the time. No one will want it anymore cause it'll be more common than dirt.

Camping is fun for those that like it. Calling it bullcrap when someone says the reverse from your thoughts is ignorant. It's not you posting an opinion, it's you trying to cause shit. You've camped him on and off I'm assuming since you say you don't have him to this day. And no, you wont have less campers, you'll have everyone who doesn't have him camping him to get him so they don't have to camp for him again. It's gonna cause an influx cause they'll get it once and for all their toons.

I've never wanted, a lot of people like the mount collecting aspect of the game and wont want to see it. Don't speak for everyone, you may have but I doubt it's a majority of players as most don't care about mounts. As for the griefing, griefing isn't going to die cause you get to keep your mount, now they'll just have to go elsewhere to catch you.

As for the actual subject itself, if they were to give you an option upon character creation to have all mounts given to this alt too then it'd be better as everyone wins that way. I like collecting the achievements, titles, etc. if they do mounts, they'll do them too and that's half the reason I play for gone.

Edit: Also to Gormanghaste an opinion doesn't outright say you're wrong, an opinion is what you like, not what everyone else likes.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Dagonium wrote:As for the actual subject itself, if they were to give you an option upon character creation to have all mounts given to this alt too then it'd be better as everyone wins that way. I like collecting the achievements, titles, etc. if they do mounts, they'll do them too and that's half the reason I play for gone.

Now this sounds better to me. Choose whether or not you want your mounts transferred over. Then everyone wins.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dagonium wrote:

Yea, there'll be less mount grinding and you get the mounts you worked for. On an alt it wont feel as good and you'll lose interest cause you can look at it all the time. Ashes? Now everyone who has one will be on it all the time. No one will want it anymore cause it'll be more common than dirt.

Camping is fun for those that like it. Calling it bullcrap when someone says the reverse from your thoughts is ignorant. It's not you posting an opinion, it's you trying to cause shit. You've camped him on and off I'm assuming since you say you don't have him to this day. And no, you wont have less campers, you'll have everyone who doesn't have him camping him to get him so they don't have to camp for him again. It's gonna cause an influx cause they'll get it once and for all their toons.

I've never wanted, a lot of people like the mount collecting aspect of the game and wont want to see it. Don't speak for everyone, you may have but I doubt it's a majority of players as most don't care about mounts. As for the griefing, griefing isn't going to die cause you get to keep your mount, now they'll just have to go elsewhere to catch you.

As for the actual subject itself, if they were to give you an option upon character creation to have all mounts given to this alt too then it'd be better as everyone wins that way. I like collecting the achievements, titles, etc. if they do mounts, they'll do them too and that's half the reason I play for gone.

Edit: Also to Gormanghaste an opinion doesn't outright say you're wrong, an opinion is what you like, not what everyone else likes.
Your first statement already is wrong because thats not true for everyone. Majority don't like camping. I can camp for pets but only for so long. I camped a month straight with little sleep for TLPD only to have the same griefer from my Terrorpene camp steal him from under me(he already had the mount too). The 'bullshit' remark was MY own opinion, which I'm allowed to have. I don't find camping a fun past time and never will and that can be said for a good majority of the WoW Players.

Also I know plenty of people who don't like Ashes and not many have Ashes of A'lar. It's a rare drop. Always will be. There's no need to start a kerfluffle because people disagree with the OP. No one has said she was wrong for believing anything. We're just disagreeing with her perspective, which is okay to do.

LisaaraPokefarm

Dagonium

Jessibelle wrote:Your first statement already is wrong because thats not true for everyone. Majority don't like camping. I can camp for pets but only for so long. I camped a month straight with little sleep for TLPD only to have the same griefer from my Terrorpene camp steal him from under me(he already had the mount too). The 'bullshit' remark was MY own opinion, which I'm allowed to have. I don't find camping a fun past time and never will and that can be said for a good majority of the WoW Players.

Also I know plenty of people who don't like Ashes and not many have Ashes of A'lar. It's a rare drop. Always will be. There's no need to start a kerfluffle because people disagree with the OP.
You seem quite quick to pull up the defences. Yea, I might be wrong, I didn't say the majority like camping either. I never stated numbers nor estimates. You say the bullshit was your own opinion, agreed. You then went on to say 'You disagree with what everyone wanted for years' meaning it's no longer an opinion it's blatant 'you're wrong' calling.

*Psst* I noticed you skipped over my everyone wins solution, nice only going for an arguement thar.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dagonium wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Your first statement already is wrong because thats not true for everyone. Majority don't like camping. I can camp for pets but only for so long. I camped a month straight with little sleep for TLPD only to have the same griefer from my Terrorpene camp steal him from under me(he already had the mount too). The 'bullshit' remark was MY own opinion, which I'm allowed to have. I don't find camping a fun past time and never will and that can be said for a good majority of the WoW Players.

Also I know plenty of people who don't like Ashes and not many have Ashes of A'lar. It's a rare drop. Always will be. There's no need to start a kerfluffle because people disagree with the OP.
You seem quite quick to pull up the defences. Yea, I might be wrong, I didn't say the majority like camping either. I never stated numbers nor estimates. You say the bullshit was your own opinion, agreed. You then went on to say 'You disagree with what everyone wanted for years' meaning it's no longer an opinion it's blatant 'you're wrong' calling.

*Psst* I noticed you skipped over my everyone wins solution, nice only going for an arguement thar.
It was the comment you pointed out. Just remarking on it. The ending statement was not saying she's wrong. You read far too deep into it. I was pointing out I've seen in the past there were WoW Forum posts asking for this, atleast as early as when wrath came out...maybe even earlier. I don't go to WoW Forums often but I've had a few topics catch my eye in the past. Either way, I probably could've worded it better but it was nothing to start having a conniption over.

You're not exactly helping your 'cause' by making your first post a direct fling on a forum member. Just a food for thought. Since you want a reply so bad about your suggestion....here you go. I personally won't care if they do this other than it would be too much frazzle and just a big potential for bugs. If they do it like that? Cool. If they do what they already plan to do? Fine and dandy. I suggest putting it on the WoW Forums so blues can see it.

LisaaraPokefarm

Dagonium

Jessibelle wrote:It was the comment you pointed out. Just remarking on it. The ending statement was not saying she's wrong. You read far too deep into it. I was pointing out I've seen in the past there were WoW Forum posts asking for this, atleast as early as when wrath came out...maybe even earlier.

You're not exactly helping your 'cause' by making your first post a direct fling on a forum member. Just a food for thought. Since you want a reply so bad about your suggestion....here you go. I personally won't care if they do this other than it would be too much frazzle and just a big potential for bugs. If they do it like that? Cool. If they do what they already plan to do? Fine and dandy.
To be honest, I'm always direct on forums, especially when it's a poor arguement, oh sorry, 'opinion'. Incase you didn't notice either WoW forums are also full of 'Give level 60 capped realms for the Pre-TBC feel'. Do people want it? Yes. Will they get it? No. Also, remember that the forums are also used by a small vocal minority on them and things may be different on the American ones but the EU ones are more full of other topics and I for one, playing since Pre-TBC, have never seen anyone mention mounts in such a way when perusing the forums from time to time.

Also, I didn't want a reply for the suggestion, I just knew you overlooked it for arguements sake. Trying to say I want a reply so bad about it? Points out you're attempting to get more out of me for arguements sake. It's nothing to do with reading deep, it's all shallow.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Grinding for reputation mounts is not my favorite thing to do-getting my black hippogryph or my nether-ray mounts... I was ready to .. do very drastic painful things to myself in retaliation for putting myself through that. I cannot say that I enjoyed it AT ALL.

So I am very much for this change, but that is just me.

The only thing I am not that happy about is with the mini companion pets-I spent the money to get the Guardian Cub on two of my toons, and now all of my toons are going to have it because it is on my main? Makes me feel like I wasted that money. I'm not livid about it, but I am a little irked over it. *shrug*
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Maybe I'll come to like this change, there's still months to go yet. But my first impression was pretty much 'Wow, anyone who's spent a while farming mounts on multiple alts has totally wasted their time now.' And yeah, what Shade said about the Winged Guardian Cub too. I know that's going into mini-pets now but I'm not too sure about that either, but anyone who spent money on more than one pet should get their money back for one of them in the end if you ask me.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dagonium wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:It was the comment you pointed out. Just remarking on it. The ending statement was not saying she's wrong. You read far too deep into it. I was pointing out I've seen in the past there were WoW Forum posts asking for this, atleast as early as when wrath came out...maybe even earlier.

You're not exactly helping your 'cause' by making your first post a direct fling on a forum member. Just a food for thought. Since you want a reply so bad about your suggestion....here you go. I personally won't care if they do this other than it would be too much frazzle and just a big potential for bugs. If they do it like that? Cool. If they do what they already plan to do? Fine and dandy.
To be honest, I'm always direct on forums, especially when it's a poor arguement, oh sorry, 'opinion'. Incase you didn't notice either WoW forums are also full of 'Give level 60 capped realms for the Pre-TBC feel'. Do people want it? Yes. Will they get it? No. Also, remember that the forums are also used by a small vocal minority on them and things may be different on the American ones but the EU ones are more full of other topics and I for one, playing since Pre-TBC, have never seen anyone mention mounts in such a way when perusing the forums from time to time.

Also, I didn't want a reply for the suggestion, I just knew you overlooked it for arguements sake. Trying to say I want a reply so bad about it? Points out you're attempting to get more out of me for arguements sake. It's nothing to do with reading deep, it's all shallow.
Except there was no argument to begin with.....Just people expressing opinions. There was no need to jump the gun. Hopefully a mod won't lock this so people can voice their opinions.
As for WoW Forums, I've not seen a suggestion for that, least on US Forums(wouldn't surprise me if it has come up atleast once) but I've seen plenty for mounts, hunter pets, etc. Hell Dance Studio still is posted about from time to time. While they are the minority.....they are the loudest(to quote Garrus from Mass Effect 3 - "Yell loud enough and someone is bound to see what the fuss is about.") and Blizz does listen to them from time to time(especially when severe backlash is involved).

@ Chaoyll - Maybe. I personally feel accomplished enough that I did something on one toon. I'm also sure there will be plenty of things to camp for in MoP. Maybe a rare dragon mount or somethin. As for the mini pets....yeeeah the winged guardian one makes me tilt my head a bit and I agree...anyone who bought multiples should get money back or a month free of wow or something.

LisaaraPokefarm