Page 1 of 2

First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:18 pm
by Vephriel
Looks like someone got their hunter to 87, here's a video of Stampede. :)
http://youtu.be/A--ktEo8OQc

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:03 pm
by Meggers
Spiffy! Seems so short. o:

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:33 pm
by Gimlion
Meggers wrote:Spiffy! Seems so short. o:
QFT

I think it should be at least 20 seconds, b/c they can't even get to the target for a good second or so.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:34 pm
by Chimera
i think its 10 second use but 10min cooldown

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:06 pm
by Gimlion
Xakaal wrote:i think its 10 second use but 10min cooldown

I know, but they only get about 8 seconds or so at the actual target b/c of their speed. 20 Second duration would be better I think.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:12 pm
by Tsuki
Hmm... I think they should spawn on a target if something is targetted, last 15 seconds, and have a 2-5 minute cool down. Maybe do a bit less damage too...

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:27 pm
by Kalliope
AHAHAHA, and pets are still showing up at their wild size! Oh gosh, do want devilsaurs!

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:28 pm
by Chimera
Gimlion wrote:
Xakaal wrote:i think its 10 second use but 10min cooldown

I know, but they only get about 8 seconds or so at the actual target b/c of their speed. 20 Second duration would be better I think.
*nod nod* it sucks royally. I read a youtube comment saying they should extend duration but reduce the dps

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:52 pm
by Azunara
I think a fair compromise would be less damage, 5 min CD and 15 sec duration.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:15 pm
by GormanGhaste
One solution is to have them spawn at the active hunter pet. I'm sure this is just a first look at the ability.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm
by Lisaara
10 minute cooldown? WTF! It should be like 3 minutes or something.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:30 pm
by Miacoda
I.... should go tame 4 more devilsaurs after I hit 87. Yup.

And it's a 10 minute cooldown because it's such a high amount of burst damage, Jessi. :P

I dunno.. it would be pretty awesome if the damage was lowered a bit and the cooldown shortened... but I sort of like that the damage it does is supposed to be really good... I dunno... Hmmm.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 pm
by Lisaara
TheDoomcookie wrote:I.... should go tame 4 more devilsaurs after I hit 87. Yup.

And it's a 10 minute cooldown because it's such a high amount of burst damage, Jessi. :P

I dunno.. it would be pretty awesome if the damage was lowered a bit and the cooldown shortened... but I sort of like that the damage it does is supposed to be really good... I dunno... Hmmm.
But druids have berserk, which is also a high amount of damage in burst. It's only a short cooldown too.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:54 pm
by AdamSavage
Well with that call beast having no cool down, you can pull large mobs and kill them very easily. I'm already 60% ish into 85 and I got Beta last night.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:12 pm
by Kalliope
I'm guessing it's a 10 minute cooldown so it can't be used in the arena/rated bgs. Just speculating, though.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:21 pm
by Miacoda
AdamSavage wrote:Well with that call beast having no cool down, you can pull large mobs and kill them very easily. I'm already 60% ish into 85 and I got Beta last night.
Call Beast having no cooldown is a bug, though.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:37 pm
by cowmuflage
Hmmm I could see it being something you would use in boss fights like how aimed shot is now.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:12 am
by Ellaran
cowmuflage wrote:Hmmm I could see it being something you would use in boss fights like how aimed shot is now.
I think that's the intention, it's a burst DPS ability for hitting hard at critical moments, and I loves it.

The problem is the really short duration and the really long cooldown. I think that each pet also increases the Hunter's damage by a certain percent and all four boosts you to 80% more damage, which is also really nice but possibly the reason the times are so wonky. I'll gladly take much less DPS boosting for a longer duration and shorter cooldown, like a 20% boost for 15 seconds every 3 minutes.

Oh, are my favorites pets in my signature going to love this ability.

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:15 am
by Holgarr
for those seeming upset about duration and cooldowns - beta is beta. They put stuff in first, then fiddle with it later. I highly doubt what you see is the finished version.

That said... WOOHOO!

Re: First look at Stampede (video)

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:05 am
by Snowy

What happens if you, say, have a spirit beast in your party and you use Stampede while in MM spec? Or is it a BM ability only? *Hasn't been paying attention to this stuff*