North State Sportsman Expo Jump

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

North State Sportsman Expo Jump

Unread post by Dakonic »

We had a lot of fun today, I was told there were only a few dogs at this event last year, this time there were over 40. I believe we had 4 heats each time, and ended up having to start the latter jumps later than planned because it was taking so long.

Dakota's best for the weekend was the same as last 21'3, he had a 20 something, and the rest were 19s. Which is good, because he got stressed towards the end and still jumped in the 19s. Last time he got stressed at the end and jumped 16, so he's getting used to it all. (this is only his second competition) 2 more jumps above 20 and he gets his pro title.

And I was a derp, I totally forgot to charge my camera. So by the time I got it and was able to take pictures it was almost dead, which affects the quality of the pictures darn it. Also forgot my video camera, doin' good, aye?

Some my grandmother took.

Teal, Golden Retriever puppy, one of Dakota's harem. She's already jumping up in the 17s and she's only a year old starting at half the dock. She's gonna be a big jumper.
Working on his down stay/settle in between jumps, haven't had many chances to work on it in a environment like this. He did very good. Some pictures I took.
Handsome boy
Can't you tell he's bored?
Some more I took, shortly after I realized how little battery I had and saved it for my friend's dog's jump and Dakota's.
Awesome feisty little Jack, love those little dogs, they're a lot of fun to watch.
Thought this one was cute, derpy face.

Eric and T-Rex, love his face. His best for the weekend was 22'3

Another member of Dakota's harem, you might remember her from the last jump, Skyy. I believe her best that weekend was 15'4

My friend's dog JoJo, well actually he belongs to her husband, but she's trying to get him into dock jumping. Tomorrow her and I will be working our antiwater dogs at our club's classes. JoJo is a Lab, not sure how old he is though. This was his second event, he jumped in Splash division at his first competition (the Anderson jump). That was his first time ever jumping, no practice. And today his best was 18'2.
And some more my grandmother took, I showed her a better spot, and viola!
Dakota posing with his rosette, he got 9th in the pro finals out of 11 dogs. The finals was the aforementioned stressed jump, so I was quite proud of him. He'll get better with more exposure, and hey I really like the color.
"But mom, I hear something back there."
He looked too cute in this one to not share.
Damn glare!
That's all folks!
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Re: North State Sportsman Expo Jump

Unread post by Finduilas »

Great pictures, again. I never heard of dogs jumping in water as competition before. I don't think there's anything like that in Germany, but if I ever get a dog I think I would do something similar. Your dogs seem to have much fun jumping into water :) And the proud look with his rosette is really cute.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Those are awesome pics!!! He does somehow look proud of himself with that rosette hanging off of him. :) He has a right to be proud, he's doing well!!!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Thank you guys! I really appreciate the kind comments!

The state I live in was sort of the origin area for the original dock jumping club, so we have quite a few events around here, lots of opportunities. :)
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image