Page 1 of 3
QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:22 pm
by Miacoda
QUILEN WITH A DIET!!!!!! (In Mogu-shan Palace)
Edit: Also in the purple skin!!
More screenshots! Aaaahhhhhh!!

Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:23 pm
by cowmuflage
cool.
Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:26 pm
by Miacoda
You sound so enthused.
Added more screenshots.
Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:27 pm
by cowmuflage
TheDoomcookie wrote:You sound so enthused.
Added more screenshots.
Ah I'm just not feeling that well today

Don't worry

Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:29 pm
by Kalliope
*hugs Cowmu*
Oooh! Suppose they'll be their own family or dogs? (Just throwing that speculation out there.)
Edited because I can't read, apparently.
Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:37 pm
by Miacoda
Hehe, no problem Cow.
Hmmm... it looks like... thats the dog diet, right? I guess both are possible!

Here are some other Quilen I found, all with diets. :3
And I'm guessing this is a dungeon mechanic, but there are these little green Jade Quilen around the place that when you right click on them they'll follow you.

Looks like you need to collect 5 for something to happen. Guess I need to get a group and run the dungeon. XD They're not classified as anything.

Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:38 pm
by Kalliope
Eeee, cute! "And one will follow you home! *mad cackling*"
Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:42 pm
by Wain
Yes!

They do look like dogs.
And those little jade ones are very cute!
Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:48 pm
by Vephriel
D'aww, they're pretty cute looking at those screenies. Wasn't sure if they'd appeal to me, but if they become tameable I'll try one out.

Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:03 am
by Miacoda
I love their faces. <3 it's like they're smirking, almost. Happy puppy things!

Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:35 am
by Vephriel
I know they'll probably never use this animation in game, but going through WMV and seeing their dance is just too adorable.

Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:37 am
by cowmuflage
OMG that is awesome! Haha that dance looks better on them than on druid cats XD
Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:38 am
by Wain
Awwww
If he waved his paw a little higher it'd look like he was trying to shake hands.
Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:38 am
by Gimlion
Is it safe to say that they at least use the cat skeleton then? Maybe they're added to the cat family, if not their own. They do look very lion-esque to me.
Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:40 am
by Vephriel
They're indeed using the cat skeleton, but that doesn't have to mean they're a cat. I think it would be interesting to see them in the dog family. Those type of statues are often called 'foo dogs', they're a sort of dog/lion mix.
Cats have enough models, in my opinion, I would have no issue seeing them in dogs.

Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:40 am
by cowmuflage
The dance mixed with his facal expression makes me think of angry black ladies going "oh no you didn't!"

Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:41 am
by Gimlion
I agree dogs could use some more models, but that doesn't mean they don't look like Lions. There are certainly enough cats to go around though, so dogs would be an interesting place to put these fellas, if not their own family.
Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:42 am
by Kalliope
*coos over dancing catdog!*
That can be a new family, right?
Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:42 am
by Gimlion
Nah, it doesn't have a head on both ends...

Re: QUILEN WITH A DIET
Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 am
by Vephriel
They remind me a bit of chow chows actually, their noses look really canine to me. ^^
