Page 1 of 2

Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:14 am
by Artill
When looking arround with Eagle Eye in Townlong Steppes, I came arround some red mantidtanks which happen to be beasts.
There are some Big ones, some really small ones and some normal mantids(humanoids) arround.
WoWScrnShot_050412_145807blacknames.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050412_145807blacknames.jpg (568.89 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
WoWScrnShot_050412_145842blacknames2.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050412_145842blacknames2.jpg (522.95 KiB) Viewed 2640 times

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:23 am
by Qraljar
vswindajd asodadadjasfaiaiaarrusawrururruesorerieresjhriesdfahfayfiufa


Sorry! I'm done.

As people usually say around these parts of the internet when something excites them:

EEEEEee-ee-eeeEEe-e-ee-EeEe-eee-eeEE

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:42 am
by Miacoda
Qraljar wrote:vswindajd asodadadjasfaiaiaarrusawrururruesorerieresjhriesdfahfayfiufa


Sorry! I'm done.

As people usually say around these parts of the internet when something excites them:

EEEEEee-ee-eeeEEe-e-ee-EeEe-eee-eeEE
Best reaction ever.

Ogod those little ones are adorable. :lol:

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:56 am
by Wain
That's great news :) Before now the only one I knew of in the game was humanoid. Then again, it could be that these are the mistake. I guess we have to wait and see if they end up with diets.

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:32 pm
by Ellaran
Niiiiiiiice, they are beasties =D A step towards being by my side

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:13 pm
by Kalliope
Ooooh, good catch!

Yay lurkers who come bearing good news! :D :hug:

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:40 pm
by cowmuflage
Wain wrote:That's great news :) Before now the only one I knew of in the game was humanoid. Then again, it could be that these are the mistake. I guess we have to wait and see if they end up with diets.
Even if they get diets they may not be tameable. Still we can only wait n see.

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:00 pm
by Qraljar
cowmuflage wrote:
Wain wrote:That's great news :) Before now the only one I knew of in the game was humanoid. Then again, it could be that these are the mistake. I guess we have to wait and see if they end up with diets.
Even if they get diets they may not be tameable. Still we can only wait n see.

I doubt that even Blizzard would be so sadistic as to make them beasts and then untamable. Especially since they look like Silithid Colossi which are already tamable. xD

Though..

..

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:01 pm
by cowmuflage
How is that sadistic? They may not even be ment to be beasts for all we know.

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:14 pm
by Qraljar
I meant in the case that they are supposed to be beasts. :p

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:18 pm
by Gimlion
I agree, it'll be a tad cruel, or at the very least very teasing if the tanks are made beasts but not tamable... However, would they be put into Silithids? They're aren't technically silithids, they're mantids, which is a different (although possibly related) species of insectoid.

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:21 pm
by Qraljar
Hah, that's a thought that just shot through my head as I went to open this thread. I wonder too.. Cranes are in the Tallstrider family and we don't know if that's permanent, but one could assume that it is permanent, so I don't really know..

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:26 pm
by Qraljar
Back to topic, I just found another Mantid tank labeled as beast. It's named: Kovok and although when he's targeted he shows no category(humanoid, beast, undead, etc), track beast notifies him as a beast. Like the other tank that we found, he's red and belongs to a faction. So he may not be hostile or anything at all, but that does give (me at least) us some hope.

I'll be uploading a screenie shortly.

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:43 pm
by Qraljar
Alright, there I go.

In that picture with Kovok, I only had track beast activated.

In the other picture, I tried to find Voress'thalik to check if maybe the categorization got changed to beast aswell, but to my surprise found that he/she/it was not there. I dunno, maybe scrapped or relocated or anything else?

I am fairly sure that was the spot, after checking the minimap, the surroundings and the name of the mobs there who are also dead and the same as the ones in Wain's screenshot with Voress'thalik, just with a different, buggy model.

So I have no idea what happened to that, to be frank!

EDIT: Kovok belongs to the Klaxxi(?) faction, which is supposedly the last group of mantids that aren't crazed by Sha/Old Gods/Thingamajig/Santa Claus and we have to help them take back what belongs to them(?)

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:46 pm
by cowmuflage
Haha ghost mantids!

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:48 pm
by Chimera
Ohhh i think i would be up to taming this big red brute on my orc if they become tameable, and i get her up to lvl 90 XD

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:15 pm
by Gimlion
What's the macro for the chain Eagle-Eying?

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:35 pm
by GormanGhaste
Gimlion wrote:What's the macro for the chain Eagle-Eying?
/cast !Eagle Eye

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:20 pm
by Gimlion
GormanGhaste wrote:
Gimlion wrote:What's the macro for the chain Eagle-Eying?
/cast !Eagle Eye
Thank you!

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:53 pm
by Wain
Qraljar wrote: In the other picture, I tried to find Voress'thalik to check if maybe the categorization got changed to beast aswell, but to my surprise found that he/she/it was not there. I dunno, maybe scrapped or relocated or anything else?
Yeah, I've been unable to relocate that one too. Either it's a rare or they removed it again after testing something.

One other thing that I was worried about is that there's a precedent for things classed as beasts that are also sentient. The boss spiders in Firelands were like that. Not that I want to cast doubt on the tameability of these mantid tanks. I'm hoping!