Page 1 of 1
New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:15 am
by Quiv
Found these guys using the Eagle eye into Townlong steppes from the great wall in south Kung Pow Summit. Looks to be a new color on the horde scorpid "Madexx" model. It kinda reminds me of the blue model, just the color muted some. Almost a gray? It has an effect on it, like a sha effect, and are common in the area I found them.
Not sure what part of zone, it is easy to get lost using Eagle eye.
A comparison with the blue madexx on beta I found earlier.

Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:19 am
by Vephriel
Hrm, it certainly looks like the blue skin. I'm wondering if that black aura plus the atmospheric lighting is just muting the orange on the stinger.
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:22 am
by Quiv
I noticed the tip is a different color. However it does look like the blue, and it has that effect on it, could be we are getting common blues.
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:31 am
by Vephriel
I know we're definitely getting common colours of all the Madexx models (well, assuming all are tameable). I forget which thread they're in, but there's been some blue ones found along with green and red. Not sure if the blues were the same ones you posted or a different beast.
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:32 am
by cowmuflage
Those blue ones found just looked like the old ones If I remember right.
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:34 am
by Quiv
Ahh I was not aware we were getting commons of all the colors (assuming tameable), thats cool.
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:49 am
by Wain
Sorry yeah, it's the regular blue one in a different lighting. If in doubt compare the portraits... they're not affected by in-game lighting

Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:50 am
by Wain
The only horde scorpid colour not yet found on a regular model now is green.
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:51 am
by cowmuflage
I hope that it shows up some where!
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:54 am
by Vephriel
Oh, I could have sworn I saw a green Madexx model somewhere in a thread...maybe I'm just crazy.
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:39 am
by Wain
Maybe I missed it!
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:44 am
by Kyria
Veph, you might be remembering the discussion over whether green Madexx should stay rare or not in... the Pandaria Beast List, I think? I haven't seen a common green Madexx yet. I'd love to, though!
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:02 pm
by Qraljar
They are certainly the blue Madexx model, but they have a buff of some sorts that changes their olor and emits a wispy sort of black smoke. (Sha?)
The buff/effect remains after death, like you can see in the pictures. If you look closely, you can see the smoke as well.
They're beautiful though! Even if they are such a dark color. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to being able to tame them WITH the effect. I think that it's impossible though, but we'll see soon enough, I guess.
Also, these guys are ALL OVER the place. O_o
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:51 pm
by Kayb
Happy to at last be getting blue madexx. I've never once ever seen him in Uldum. Ever. And it's the only damn one I want.
Re: New color horde scorpid?
Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:54 pm
by Ziarre
Having sat my arse out there for three weeks - so long that I farmed enough CINDERBLOOM (yes, that's right, cinderbloom) for a Sandstone Drake and a Hyacinth Macaw and found a non-dud camel statue - I'm not sure I'm thrilled about this. I'll deal with it, and Samira is my pretty little blue who is wonderful and gorgeous and worth the effort, but...damn.