Page 1 of 1
Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:08 pm
by MaximumOverdrive
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/276 ... Month-Poll
Finally, fishing is getting some more attention. Also shows where the goldfish pet and waterstrider mount comes from.
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:10 pm
by cowmuflage
Yay! I do like fishing <3
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:19 pm
by Kalliope
That is an amazing fishing pole.
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:56 pm
by Slickrock
All the more reason I don't see myself playing my alts much anymore. To many things to do on my main..
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:31 pm
by Bulletdance
This is incredibly juvinile lol so I apologize ahead of time. It may just be that I really need sleep,but uhh... I think blizz should change this npc's mame.
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... y/aw06.jpg
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:53 pm
by Kalliope
I'm sure that's why it's there, BD.

(juvenile) Beta humor!
Translation: I hope that's the case, anyway, since I wouldn't really want to see that go live. Blizzard can do better.
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:01 pm
by Chimera
It reminds me of Nyhm's video Assassinate. Blizz takes references from fan made videos and it might either be a reference to that or them making a word-funny
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:35 pm
by Wain
Yeah, I don't see that going live. There are lots of silly things on beta
In Uld in the Cata beta there was a daily to collect animal scraps to be used for bait (the quest survived but had a name change and was removed as a daily). The guy who gave it said that he was a "bait master" from a long line of bait masters and he wanted to teach you how to be a bait master too, and to fill this bucket for him! Odd it didn't stay in the game

Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:37 pm
by cowmuflage

Prudes would have a feild day if it did stay in!
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:48 pm
by Wain
I'm looking forward to this. I always liked the fishing rewards and my pet rat is still my main minipet after all this time

The water strider mount should be great.
One thing I'd been musing on... it's a shame that they didn't introduce a fishing cormorant instead of a new fishing pole, though I'm not sure how it would be implemented in practice. Traditional Chinese fishermen have used trained cormorants for catching fish for them for over 1000 years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cormorant_fishing
I guess one possible implementation would be not as the main source of fishing, but as a fishing reward minipet that gives you a kind of fishing bonus... If you had it out while fishing then it would very occasionally dive in and catch an extra fish for you

We don't have a cormorant model per se, but they could use the crane.
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:53 pm
by cowmuflage
They should do a Runescape and have random encounters when you fish. Maybe instead of fishing a fish you hook an angry elite Murloc who pawns you.

Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:55 pm
by Wain
cowmuflage wrote:They should do a Runescape and have random encounters when you fish. Maybe instead of fishing a fish you hook an angry elite Murloc who pawns you.

Hehe. They did that for a fishing quest in the Draenei starting zone. I would love it if they added more random stuff like that to fishing, as long as it was very rare. Have a sea monster pop up, or annoyed gnome diver, or something.
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:59 pm
by cowmuflage
Yeah I'd like if it was a rare thing too and it would spice things up.
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:54 am
by Makoes
The Master Baiter, well, people have been asking for an achivement or something along that lines for fishing, to me it seems like Blizzard tossed that in for them. Personally I'd like to see it go live. Technically there is nothing wrong with the name, its one of those "clean jokes" for "dirty minds" type thing.
possible slightly off topic...but this is the first time I've seen an
actual child Pandaren
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:06 am
by Kalliope
omg, the FACE! <3
Nothing wrong with it, Makoes, but, as they say, comedy is the hardest form of entertainment.

Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:40 am
by cowmuflage
That child is like an evil doll come to life. Burn it with fire!
Re: Fishing Faction and such
Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:32 pm
by Makoes
cowmuflage wrote:That child is like an evil doll come to life. Burn it with fire!
