Page 1 of 2
Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:45 pm
by Fangz
was wondering if hydras are tameable yet? I was just wondering if somone could check.
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:49 pm
by Zangor
sadly hydras still are not tameable. but if a blizzard employee where to answer they would probably tell you "Soon."
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:50 pm
by Fangz
k thx for the info
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:05 pm
by Kalliope
Zangor wrote:sadly hydras still are not tameable. but if a blizzard employee where to answer they would probably tell you "Soon."
That's making a mighty assumption there.

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:12 pm
by Zangor
i know but i have a strong feeling that they will come at some point. seems odd that blizzard made them a family in cataclysm for only 1 creature that was a glitch tame turned into legacy pet
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:15 pm
by Kalliope
You can say that, but don't assume to speak for the devs on that count.

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:22 pm
by Ziarre
With some of the families becoming tamable now, I can definitely see hydras joining them...won't assume, but I won't be surprised either!
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:33 pm
by Maizou
Kalliope wrote:You can say that, but don't assume to speak for the devs on that count.

I originally just read his "soon" comment as a joke about how the devs always mention "soon" whenever someone asks when something is added. >_>
Did I read that wrong?
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 pm
by Kalliope
Myzou wrote:Kalliope wrote:You can say that, but don't assume to speak for the devs on that count.

I originally just read his "soon" comment as a joke about how the devs always mention "soon" whenever someone asks when something is added. >_>
Did I read that wrong?
I was just making sure. ^_^
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:52 pm
by Quiv
I am surprised they arent yet tameable. Gleeok the untameable seemed like a joke for hunters, but a "hahaha just kidding" kind. Why would they make Hydra a family with its own ability if it wasnt eventually going to be introduced.
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:20 pm
by Tilo
I dunno yeah I agree with the spoof at darkmoon faire, & those who previously had the ghost hydra... I wouldn't see why they wouldn't include them, with all the ''new'' pets being shown in the MoP threads, they're really lack luster for me & I'd rather have a hydra over any of the new ones displayed.
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:30 pm
by Nachtwulf
I'm inclined to agree. With the addition of Basilisks (who fall into pretty much the same category as hydras, as something people have been clamoring for since vanilla), I think it's going to happen.
I can't help thinking the reason it hasn't yet is just because there aren't (to the best of my knowledge) any hydras in MoP zones yet, so they haven't made a special effort to go back and change the old ones. Basilisks do exist in Pandaria, so once they tweaked those, it cascaded down to all the others.
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:43 pm
by Ickabob
Zangor wrote:i know but i have a strong feeling that they will come at some point. seems odd that blizzard made them a family in cataclysm for only 1 creature that was a glitch tame turned into legacy pet
With all they've done with the ghost hydra, can anyone give a good justifiable reason as to why they wouldn't include them? I mean goats and water striders were kinda out of the blue, and I KNOW people have been demanding basilisks for ages, why wouldn't they grant us the one thing we desire most? It's not like it would break the game or lore.
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:52 pm
by Vephriel
It's certainly no secret how much of a following hydras have, nor how much people want them. I'd say Blizzard is definitely aware, so all I can wager is that they have a good reason for not making them tameable yet. We may not know why, but doubtless we'd have them already if it was as easy as flipping a switch, seeing as they already have a family ready to go. Clearly there's a reason behind them not showing up yet. We'll just have to be patient and see.
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:34 pm
by Tilo
I'm very patient... however you'd think, they'd allow say, hydras first perhaps, then, showing the other new ones no?
If I recall someone had posted a while back a blue post or something that it had to do with the animations that was hindering them from making hydras available to everyone, don't quote me cause' I forget exactly what it was but it had to do with the hydras animations.
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:36 pm
by Bonita
I personally think that if they're going to make hydras tamable they might be waiting to save the best for last and introduce them in the last beta patch or at launch. They know how badly most of us want them.
Just my opinion

Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:42 pm
by Chimera
Yea, its very confusing why we're getting so many different pets, even ones that are TOTALLY a mind boggler, but not hydras. Their models are fine as a pet, so i cant see it being that they need tweaking, specially since they dont bother to fix any other models that do have major issues (especially now with porcupines and their rest ability. They use the armadillo model so they have a horrible skin cut when they all together lose whatever neck they have to sleep)
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:44 pm
by cowmuflage
They must have a reason for not doing it. I'd like one but I'm not going to be too sad if we don't get them as we have quite a few familys allready
If they do become tameable they better not be exotic or god help me i'll do something!
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:00 pm
by Chimera
I hope they dont become exotic, it'd prolly cause an outbreak of rage among those who own the hydras and those who have been waiting for the tame switch to flip.
i dont particularly want to have to keep going BM for things, im a MM, i buy/roll, reforge, and gem my gear for MM, i cant use BM specc to any successful degree in comparison, im also a much better skilled MM in general for dungeons and raiding.. i only keep the BM specc for my spirit beasts. Off note, i hope goats arent exotic.. i dont actually know if they are or arent
Re: Anyone check hydras yet?
Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:03 pm
by cowmuflage
No I don't think goats are exotic.
