Kalliope, I have a challenge for you!

Sandpanther
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Kalliope, I have a challenge for you!

Unread post by Sandpanther »

Mass Effect squaddies as pets for Mists of Pandaria.Every single squad member + Blasto and Bouben.My baby hunter needs a theme for MoP....and that theme is Mass Effect.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Kalliope, I have a challenge for you!

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

sending a link to this thread to my other half :)
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh my, this will definitely be fun! :D I assume your hunter is Shepard then? :) If not...

1. Shepard
2. Anderson
3. Joker
4. Kaidan
5. Ashley
6. Garrus
7. Tali
8. Wrex
9. Liara
10. Zaeed
11. Mordin
12. Jack
13. Thane
14. Jacob
15. Miranda
16. Samara
17. Morinth
18. Grunt
19. Kasumi
20. Legion
21. James
22. EDI
23. Javik
24. Blasto
25. Bouben

Note the Blasto skin change! I knew perfectly well when I named mine that it wasn't the appropriate skin for him. :lol: My first choice was Legion! But the name is blocked. >_<

I admittedly got a little teary picking Mordin's....sigh. Someone has to perform experiments on the seashells. :cry:

EDIT: I changed Miranda's; this fits her WAY better. :D
Last edited by Kalliope on Thu May 24, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

wow Kalli, that was amazing. I looked at those pets and instantly found connections for most of them (i would just diagree with miranda, she seemed more like the White Eagle (more ferocious than a moth) http://wow-petopia.com/look/snowyeagle.html

Javik, EDI, James, Legion, Thane, Mordin, Wrex, Tali, Garrus, Joker, Anderson, and Shepard were spot on (imo, thats where I instantly said to myself, yes that makes perfect sense)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Royi wrote:wow Kalli, that was amazing. I looked at those pets and instantly found connections for most of them
Oh..Ok..well...cool...(crumples up Mass Effect pet list)
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

haha, sorry your links didnt work and it would have involved a lot of copy pasting, so i just looked at kalli's pretty pictures that were visible on the post

picture made me laugh
Kalliope

Royi wrote:wow Kalli, that was amazing. I looked at those pets and instantly found connections for most of them (i would just diagree with miranda, she seemed more like the White Eagle (more ferocious than a moth) http://wow-petopia.com/look/snowyeagle.html

Javik, EDI, James, Legion, Thane, Mordin, Wrex, Tali, Garrus, Joker, Anderson, and Shepard were spot on (imo, thats where I instantly said to myself, yes that makes perfect sense)
Hee! :D Thanks! I am not happy with my choice for Miranda either, if only because moths don't have noticeable butts! But the idea that her father, striving for perfect beauty for his dynasty, would opt for a moth seemed to work on some level too. Plus the white eagle has that feathers lighting glitch and I had to avoid it based on that alone. >_<

I made a point of picking unique models for both Miranda and Jack as well. It suits their natures. :) Grunt's uniqueness was a happy side effect!

And in case you're curious, it was Samara who I considered the white eagle for. :) I was going to have her and Morinth from the same family, but different colors to signify how Morinth could easily take Samara's place in the crew, but none of the eagles suited Morinth and once I settled on a serpent for her, I just couldn't make Samara a snake.

In hindsight, if I wasn't concerned with making Miranda unique, I'd go with a white crane:
Dat ass! :lol: Plus cranes are kind of cheerleaderish! :D

In double hindsight, I am going to change this. :lol:

Shepard was actually a difficult choice and the last one I made. I wanted something crafty, obtainable at an early level, and could go either way on gender. I was THIS CLOSE to putting a sporebat. ;)

YouTube Edition

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I hope Im not overstepping bounds, but the pikachu pic got me. Hope they are all accurate.
Redith wrote:I am Mass Effect nerd so I must weigh in.
Garrus-Image
Kaiden- Image
Ashley-Image
Liarra-Image
Tali-Image
Wrex-Image

Grunt-Image
Jack-Image
Kassumi-Image
Leigion-Image
Miranda-Image
Mordin-Image
Samara-Image
Morinth-Image
Thane-Image
Vega-Image
Kalliope

Thank you, Quivering! :)

I am deeply amused that Redith and I picked the same pets for Kasumi and Wrex. I didn't peek! :lol:

YouTube Edition

Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

The ghost hydra is like the Mass Effect 3 Ending:

There may be three different choices (heads), but they all have the same outcome (body). (Yeah I went there...)
Kalliope

Slapperfish wrote:The ghost hydra is like the Mass Effect 3 Ending:

There may be three different choices (heads), but they all have the same outcome (body). (Yeah I went there...)
The Mass Effect 3 ending is Gleok because in that scenario, NO ONE WINS.

(Brilliant thinking, ha!)

YouTube Edition

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Kalliope wrote:
Slapperfish wrote:The ghost hydra is like the Mass Effect 3 Ending:

The Mass Effect 3 ending is Gleok because in that scenario, NO ONE WINS.

(Brilliant thinking, ha!)
Spoiler ??? (does there need to be a tag for almost 3 months since release?)
I never understood if synthetic life goes boom, couldnt the races just simply reinstall the batteries in the machines or create new motherboards for them or something to make them turn back on?

Aren't they allegedly planning a remake or a extension to add on for the ending? I kinda lost motivation for ME3 after I beat it (even multiplayer)
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Redith~ I also really liked your Samara and Morinth

I also liked your Tali quite a lot :)

Yes Kalli, that Crane is perfect for Miranda
Kalliope

Royi wrote:Spoiler ??? (does there need to be a tag for almost 3 months since release?)
Eh. Heavy MASS EFFECT 3 SPOILERS below.

Well, just in case. :D
Royi wrote:I never understood if synthetic life goes boom, couldnt the races just simply reinstall the batteries in the machines or create new motherboards for them or something to make them turn back on?
No, because the machines in question had fully developed AIs (at least in EDI's case; the Geth were still a choice....but for the sake of completion, let's say they had them). It's like how Legion was gone after Rannoch.

Plus the space magic used to blow up the Citadel and the mass relays apparently only targeted the machines, but if the Crucible was built poorly, it'd hit the living beings too. Which is of course a big reason people were pissed off about the ending, because wth? Anyway, the idea is that "everything got blown up and couldn't be replaced."
Royi wrote:Aren't they allegedly planning a remake or a extension to add on for the ending? I kinda lost motivation for ME3 after I beat it (even multiplayer)
There's going to be free DLC that "explains the existing ending further." No indoctrination theory; they're just going to confirm that theory isn't canon.

(In case you're unfamiliar with it, that theory basically writes off the existing ending as the Reapers trying to control Shepard's mind; those who chose the destroy ending would fight the attempt and get Shepard to wake up to fight the end of the battle. Whether the deaths at the end actually happened or not is questionable.)

Basically, there's no good way out of this for BioWare. Some people were satisfied with the ending, but the more discriminating types who saw that a good deal of it made no sense and that there was no actual choice to make are going to be unhappy no matter what. Even if IT were true and we really did get to actually fight Sovereign, there are a good number of people out there who would be unhappy that the game they initially purchased was unfinished. "Artistic integrity" was just a red herring. -_-

My opinion is that if you worked hard for the best ending, you should get more of a choice than the person who didn't bother. But instead, BW decided to send the message that "No matter what you chose, none of it mattered." Shepard dies in almost all scenarios, and in the one where s/he lives, it's terribly unsatisfying.

I find the entire bit with Joker flashy and the most illogical part of all. No amount of IT or ass coverage can erase that nonsensical sequence from my mind.

Sigh. Yeah, I haven't bothered finishing my last playthrough or starting my "canon" playthrough because I just can't stand playing toward nothing. (I'm on the very last mission....the enjoyable parts are over.) Still love the series and ME3 in particular...minus the ending. It's not even that it's a downer of an ending...it's that it makes no sense. -_-

YouTube Edition

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Kalliope wrote:Eh. Heavy MASS EFFECT 3 SPOILERS below.

Sigh. Yeah, I haven't bothered finishing my last playthrough or starting my "canon" playthrough because I just can't stand playing toward nothing. (I'm on the very last mission....the enjoyable parts are over.) Still love the series and ME3 in particular...minus the ending. It's not even that it's a downer of an ending...it's that it makes no sense. -_-
Yeah I had a planned completely 2nd playthrough through ME1-3 that I was going to do as well (to switch ashley and kaiden) but i scrapped that pretty quickly once i completed ME3.

I just wanted them to show what happened to the team afterwards. And i wanted them to explain how would everyone survive orbiting earth without any mass relays? (all the krogans, quarians, asari, rachni, etc were all in earths orbit)

I mean come on, give us different endings. I would say that KOTOR had more defined choices and impact on the ending than ME3
Kalliope

Royi wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Eh. Heavy MASS EFFECT 3 SPOILERS below.

Yeah I had a planned completely 2nd playthrough through ME1-3 that I was going to do as well (to switch ashley and kaiden) but i scrapped that pretty quickly once i completed ME3.

I just wanted them to show what happened to the team afterwards. And i wanted them to explain how would everyone survive orbiting earth without any mass relays? (all the krogans, quarians, asari, rachni, etc were all in earths orbit)

I mean come on, give us different endings. I would say that KOTOR had more defined choices and impact on the ending than ME3
Yeah, I'm stuck on my playthrough with Ashley. I just...don't care as much. Kaidan is much more welcome on my squad than Ashley is, so I'm unmotivated.

The other two ME games fit together fine as well; it's just the third that was a problem. And unfortunately, that's all anyone ends up talking about anymore, how the trilogy ended. :/

YouTube Edition

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Royi wrote:Redith~ I also really liked your Samara and Morinth

I also liked your Tali quite a lot :)
Fine, thats ok not to read or care about my positive feedback that I went out on a limb to leave for you... its fine, dont worry about it...