Alani <The Stormborn>

Lodenuri
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - US

Re: Alani <The Stormborn>

Unread post by Lodenuri »

Everdeen wrote:I have to admit though, the system for getting Alani is my favourite so far. It means no random noob can walk up, find her on a whim, kill her and never decide to use the mount.

^this is number 1 reason it is better. Plus once you have the crystal, what are the odds that there will be two people with the crystal going after the mob at the same time. I mean the shards are suppose to be super rare.
Rare Mounts:
Phosphorescent Stone Drake | Time-lost Proto Drake | Green Proto Drake | Headless Horseman's Mount | Great Brewfest Kodo | White Polar Bear | Winterspring Frostsaber

Rare Pets:
Jadefang | Sambas | Oil Covered Wolf
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

I think the only point at which I'd start to panic would be if I had nearly completed the crystal and I saw that Alani was up. But yeah, chances of people fighting over it? Not too much, I'd say.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

I really like the system, too, even though I'm not particulary huped for her. I sooo wish they could introduce something simmilar for TLPD... I'm hunting and hunting and hunting, and to make it worse he's THE mount for my main...

Drakeless :<

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Lodenuri wrote:Also, on the beta Alani seemed to spawn more often that the RNG associated with TLPD and Aeonaxx.
That's because no one has the items to bring her down - so she's just staying up. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lodenuri
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Kalliope wrote:
Lodenuri wrote:Also, on the beta Alani seemed to spawn more often that the RNG associated with TLPD and Aeonaxx.
That's because no one has the items to bring her down - so she's just staying up. :)

I have seen a couple of videos of Alani being brought down on the beta. People are saying that after Alani dies another one pops about 3 hours later. That could all just be for the beta testing but we shall see.
Rare Mounts:
Phosphorescent Stone Drake | Time-lost Proto Drake | Green Proto Drake | Headless Horseman's Mount | Great Brewfest Kodo | White Polar Bear | Winterspring Frostsaber

Rare Pets:
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

It's very likely that spawn timer is for beta only. MoP is in a couple of weeks and I'll bet they're wanting to make sure this thing works properly before release. Unlike Aeonaxx...

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I think for at least the first few months, Alani will stay spawned for a while. It will take time for more than a few to have complete Sky Crystals.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the end though. Who knows, by release, something might change that wasn't in the beta. The drop chance for the shards might increase, who knows.

Lodenuri
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Everdeen wrote:It'll be interesting to see what happens in the end though. Who knows, by release, something might change that wasn't in the beta. The drop chance for the shards might increase, who knows.
Well all I know is I won't be leveling or anything until Aeonaxx gives him self up. After that, at level 90 I will be focused on the Sky Crystal shards.
Rare Mounts:

Rare Pets:
Aeze
Realm: Krasus(EU)

Unread post by Aeze »

Mount Drop: This rare spawn drops the mount Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent... however, it is unattackable while its protective buff, Nimbus Shroud, is still active.

To Remove the Protect Buff:
To remove the protective buff Nimbus Shroud from Alani, you need a Sky Crystal and it is created from combining 10x Skyshard. This is where things get tough though. If you have not noticed, Skyshard and Sky Crystal are BoP. AND... unfortunately... they are super rare drops from all MoP NPC's that are level 90. However, if you collect 10 of these crystal fragments, you can combine them into a Sky Crystal and fight this rare dragon spawn.

How to Collect Shards:
Option 1 -Level 90 creatures in MoP. They appear to have a much better drop chance from creatures in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, which makes sense if you listen to the backstory behind the rare spawn from Loh-Ki in the zone.
Option 2 - Daily quests that reward Treasures of the Vale have a chance to drop the shards as well. Check out the items page for drop chance % as more people do the dailys.
Fighting this Rare Spawn:
Blizzard seems to have been smart with this rare spawn. When you use your Sky Crystal on the dragon, you channel about 20% of the dragons health away and tag it for yourself. So the kill cant be ninja'ed from you. In addition, Its health is SUPER low compared to all the other MoP rares added. At level 90, you will only need mostly Heroic dungeon gear or the first tier of PVP gear to kill it without much problem. At level 90, this is easily done. Seems gathering the crystals is the only challenge in getting this rare spawn killed.

Rarity of this Spawn:
This Rare Spawn is unique from all other mount dropping rares in game so far. When it spawns, it flies around the entire Vale of Eternal Blossoms zone and is very, very visible. It has a despawn timer but spawns very, very often. So while it IS a rare spawn, the real rare thing about this mount is that very few people will be lucky enough to farm enough of the crystals to attack it and claim its mount.
Aeze
Realm: Krasus(EU)

Unread post by Aeze »

Mount Drop: This rare spawn drops the mount Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent... however, it is unattackable while its protective buff, Nimbus Shroud, is still active.

To remove the protective buff Nimbus Shroud from Alani, you need a Sky Crystal and it is created from combining 10x Skyshard. This is where things get tough though. If you have not noticed, Skyshard and Sky Crystal are BoP. AND... unfortunately... they are super rare drops from all MoP NPC's that are level 90. However, if you collect 10 of these crystal fragments, you can combine them into a Sky Crystal and fight this rare dragon spawn.

How to Collect Shards:
Option 1 -Level 90 creatures in MoP. They appear to have a much better drop chance from creatures in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, which makes sense if you listen to the backstory behind the rare spawn from Loh-Ki in the zone.
Option 2 - Daily quests that reward Treasures of the Vale have a chance to drop the shards as well. Check out the items page for drop chance % as more people do the dailys.
Blizzard seems to have been smart with this rare spawn. When you use your Sky Crystal on the dragon, you channel about 20% of the dragons health away and tag it for yourself. So the kill cant be ninja'ed from you. In addition, Its health is SUPER low compared to all the other MoP rares added. At level 90, you will only need mostly Heroic dungeon gear or the first tier of PVP gear to kill it without much problem. At level 90, this is easily done. Seems gathering the crystals is the only challenge in getting this rare spawn killed.

Rarity of this Spawn:
This Rare Spawn is unique from all other mount dropping rares in game so far. When it spawns, it flies around the entire Vale of Eternal Blossoms zone and is very, very visible. It has a despawn timer but spawns very, very often. So while it IS a rare spawn, the real rare thing about this mount is that very few people will be lucky enough to farm enough of the crystals to attack it and claim its mount.

source: http://mop.wowhead.com/npc=64403/alani
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Jesus I can't wait to test this out on live. So. Freaking. EXCITED DJFNJSDNFKDFSNFDS

Lodenuri
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Aeze wrote:Mount Drop: This rare spawn drops the mount Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent... however, it is unattackable while its protective buff, Nimbus Shroud, is still active.

How to Collect Shards:

Rarity of this Spawn:

The only problem is, if these shards fall off the mobs (no matter how rare), there will be BOTS out the ass everywhere in this zone killing non-stop. Basically you could see the zone have thousands of these bots and crashing the world server, or at the least killing everything in sight making it impossible for legit players.
Rare Mounts:

Rare Pets:
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Lodenuri wrote:
Aeze wrote:Mount Drop: This rare spawn drops the mount Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent... however, it is unattackable while its protective buff, Nimbus Shroud, is still active.

How to Collect Shards:

Rarity of this Spawn:

The only problem is, if these shards fall off the mobs (no matter how rare), there will be BOTS out the ass everywhere in this zone killing non-stop. Basically you could see the zone have thousands of these bots and crashing the world server, or at the least killing everything in sight making it impossible for legit players.
But why have bots farm for them, it's not like they can make any money off of them, like with fishing or whatever.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Because some people like status items without having to work for them? I wouldn't be surprised.
ImageImage
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Risking a ban to get a mount a bit faster? Baaah... if they're so stupid, they deserve a banhammer anyway.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Lodenuri
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Myrrmi wrote:Risking a ban to get a mount a bit faster? Baaah... if they're so stupid, they deserve a banhammer anyway.

I agree, but sometimes Blizzard is painfully slow to ban and if there are enough botters then the time between bans could make legit shard farming near impossible.
Rare Mounts:

Rare Pets:
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

You mean a rare spawn that we can WORK for instead of sitting in a place and hoping for a rare spawn of a rare spawn to show up in one out of (4 or 5) spawn points? :o I like this concept.

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

People bot farm often, there are even programs you PAY for. So...yeah. People are dumb and think they can get away with it. :P

In vanilla maybe, but not so much now.
ImageImage
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Bots are pretty easy to pick out of the normal herd, though. Even when there's doubt, a quick whisper or two will usually settle it (people tend to reply if they realize you think they're botting).
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!