21%

Total votes: 24

CandidHeartbeat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Thrall-US [Horde], Moon Guard-US [Alliance]

Help Me Name One More!!

Unread post by CandidHeartbeat »

So you all helped me with a name for Maddex, well a deal with the breeder has led us to look at one more dog. We intended on getting ONE more regardless but it is perfect because he is a little blue merle too!

I have raised two Dachshund sisters for my grandparents when they both got ill, from 8 weeks to six months before my grandparents were able to take them back, before so I do know what I am getting into and for me things get easier after six months of age anyways.

The biggest hurtle is keeping them active, and mentally stimulated and they are around three people every day who do individual play times. A lot of interaction with neighborhood dogs, they'll be enrolled in obedience class with me taking one and my fiance the other. When they get old enough that hiking is possible we'll be right there on the trail, taking them to the beach, and as of right now we are going for walks three times a day (even if short enough to wear out a young puppy) every night there is about 2 hours of play time with tug ropes, squeakers, and balls. There is about a hour outside in the backyard romping around chasing people in a playful fashion, most of it at this age is spent napping and relaxing. Also in there we spend as much time as a puppy attention span allots doing commands, thus far sit and down are going pretty well.

It isn't impossible, and we went over those challenges before we decided on a second puppy. I worked at a rescue for three years, so I know what horrible lives that is being abandoned because someone can't handle you. That will never happen, ever. My dogs aren't just companions to me they are like my children! Not to mention we've already met one person in Toowoomba, QLD that is wanting to have puppy play dates and go to the bark park together so I am very excited to have all that going on. I hope that made you feel at ease with my decision of taking on another dog, and I appreciate your concern! ;) :D

I knew it was coming, I knew that I wouldn’t be able to resist for very long – I just thought it’d be longer then it was. Maddex is home now; I was on the list again for a blue merle from her as well because she wasn’t 100% sure when she’d have another one. I wanted another little boy. My fiancé grew up in a breeder household that bred show quality Cavaliers, and he felt that dogs with company seemed to be happier so he insisted that he wanted to get another puppy while Maddex was still a puppy so they could grow up together. I just didn’t expect him to be willing for it to be so soon!

Well anyways, long story short by the start of August we’ll have another little fluff ball coming home! Lucky we’re so active, a lot of jogging, hiking, camping, and the like so we are looking forward to spending all that time with two very gorgeous little boys. Anyways, we are stuck on names again and we came here to poke our nose around and get opinions! I know some of you will think us crazy for taking on two puppies! But we're more then happy to have them coming home. :hug:

ImageImage

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Help Me Name One More!!

Unread post by Wain »

I went for Marcus because I like the alliteration of Madexx and Marcus. It rolls off the tongue :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I voted for Marcus as well because it just seems to suit a puppy. :)
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I picked Nigel because at first it reminded me of the Wild Thornberrys. Nigel was such a care-free lovable character on that show to me! And then I thought Nigel did a nature show.. and I remembered Maddex and thought of the Wild Thornberrys in WoW doing a specal on the elusive scorpid Maddex soooo yeah odd thought process but we're there! xD

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

DD'AAAAWWWW!!! I totally understand ya hun, dogs are like kids, mine are worshipped! :)

I have 2 beautiful little doxie guys that are everything to me!! :) I try and take them walking and hiking in the summer but this happens lol

Good luck with ur little fluff balls :) Please keep updating with some piccies :D

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I picked Shiloh. Not for any particular reason, I just think it's a very handsome name. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I went with Nigel... just because Nigel seems like a very fitting name for a blue merle!

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Aamu
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by Aamu »

I chose Marcus... just because! :D