A common Spirit beast: a good idea?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Would you prefer a common Spirit beast?

yes: I think there should be a common pet of every family for gameplay reasons
47%
no: I think they should stay exclusive
44%
indifferent
9%

Total votes: 34

bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

A common Spirit beast: a good idea?

Unread post by bluddy »

Greetings, as we all know Spirit beasts give some of the most usefull bufs in pvp and pve. But alas they are all rare and there are people who don't care about pets and who just play with certain pets for benefial skills they offer. And thus those people don't want to camp and find it a waste of time? In a certain light you can find this lazy but the game is there to be fun and fair to all people.

Bluddy proud owner of loque, skoll, arcturis and karoma.

*this doesn't entail that the rare skins we have get common just a new ordinary skin*
Last edited by bluddy on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: A common Spirit beast: a good idea?

Unread post by Rower »

3 SB we have are just recolours of eachother, so one of them could be totally common.
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I don't really think a "common" spirit beast is even necessary these days. As of now, I can take a tour around my server and find at least one spirit beast up if I want to. May take a bit of travel time, but at least one of them is usually up.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Well, Ghostcrawler is up far more often than he isn't - he's practically unkillable, and very rarely picked by hunters.

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Myrrmi wrote:Well, Ghostcrawler is up far more often than he isn't - he's practically unkillable, and very rarely picked by hunters.
Ghostcrawler convinced me to finally tame a spirit beast; I had been boycotting them until then.
Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

Yes.

While there are some skins that are and should continue to be difficult to get ahold of, there should definitely be a skin that is common, or has a really fast respawn rate.
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

Why not have a bunch of Leucistic Crows at the very top of Kun-Lai Summit as Spirit Beast? They'd still be hard to get to, of course. And they'd jump from peak to peak trying to avoid you.

Isabeau
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Isabeau »

I think it would be kindof nice because it does suck when you first are high enough lvl to tame a spirit beast but have to wait and find one first lol

But as others said some pets are already pretty common. Ghostcrawler is like always up lol Gondria is too. I am sure now that less people are playing around in hyjal doing the dailys it will be much easier to get the other spirit sabers too.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I wouldn't be opposed to a common non-rare spirit beast, particularly if it were at a lower level (for those just getting the Beast Mastery ability)...just not another cat skin...There are WAY to many of those both of cat family and of SB family...SB sporebat? Some family "look" that has a low diversity would be nice.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Something else to consider is that, depending on how it is implemented, the cross-server zones could effectively make fewer spirit beast spawns per player.
HawkseyesX
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by HawkseyesX »

on my realm, i see banthalos up ALL THE TIME now, there is like noone in the zones anymore, even deth was up for like a long time! hes probably STILL running around

thanks Veph for the awesome sig! :D

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Yes, and I've said so as long as Loque's been around. It's not fair for people with little playing time, or poor RNG luck to not have the chance at a SB. Even with zones empty now, it's not promise that you'll get the rare pet, and with such a unique and powerful ability, it shouldn't be handed to only those fortunate enough to have long play/camping hours, or who are graced with good luck.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

What about introducing one that was on the same sort of spawn timer of old world, low level zone rares? They're back up within a few hours, so it would be relatively easy to find, and then it would still have that little bit of prestige without being ridiculously hard to camp for.

They could even have it in an old world zone. When people reach 69 they could go in search of it, but for everyone else passing through it could be a flavour mob or another source of xp while leveling.