[Suggestion] Nerubian Flyers as Hunter's Pet

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

[Suggestion] Nerubian Flyers as Hunter's Pet

Unread post by pop »

It's a hybrid of a spider and a bat, what's not to like?

Type: Exotic

Exotic Skill; Carrion Swarm

Summon a swarm of small insects that cause x%shadow damage and y%nature damage on an area of effect.
Last edited by pop on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: [Suggestion] Nerubian Flyers as Hunter's Pet

Unread post by Qraljar »

Yes, yes, yes, yes! I've yearned for those nerubian flyers as hunter pets ever since I saw my first glimpse of them in screenshots during Wrath Beta.

Imagine my sadness when they were undead only and untameable.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

askldsfh;sldfh those are one of my favourite models ever.

I would kill for a tameable version.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

That's a unique suggestion I haven't seen before; but of course, I was devastated when I first saw one, Beast Lored it, and saw it was not tameable.
These would make really creepy and awesome pets.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:askldsfh;sldfh those are one of my favourite models ever.

I would kill for a tameable version.
You're thinking what I am thinking?

Excessively beg Noah to consider making them tameable?

...You weren't thinking that?

..Damn.

But yeah, these and the Spiderlings really should become tameable. :'[

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I think it would be a great idea, though i could see it rather ending up in the silithid family for the fact the nerubian race was actually members of the Aquir but during the troll wars against the Aquir armies, they were seperated (and then the sundering sent them off to northrend).

All the ones we see in-game are undead but as those who have done the quests beside and infront of the Azjol'Nerub and Ahn'Kahet: The Old Kingdom, there are living members who live deep within caverns and isolated, lost, and inaccessible to players, kingdoms where they hide from the undead lest they fall to the scourge themselves.

It'd be great to have an update as some point in time to advance their lore since honestly, they are the first Aquir race we've ever been able to interact with on a friendly level! I'd love for their lore to be expanded so we can learn more in-depth in World of Warcraft how the Aquir came into existence and maybe their (de)evolution. Or at least, official blizz lore on them. Im not sure how much of the lore regarding them is Blizz or Fanperson made.

Anyways >.> By introducing the next step into the good-guy Nerubian's lore, there could be wild Flyers introduced and classified as beasts since they would be living and they could just fly around like ordinary neutral, attackable mobs and have no impact on your standing with the Nerubians since they arent a faction the player can gain rep with.

@Qral: Ooooh i forgot about the skittering orange ones, those could easily be introduced as neutral, attackable beasts padding around as well

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

I thought the living versions of Nerubian Flyers/Spiderlings would be humanoid, seeing as they are Nerubians, a sapient race.
If not, then what would the normal ability be? My best guess would be some sort of corruption ability/fear ability such as:

Undead Corruption
- 1 Minute Cooldown
- Instant
- Lasts for 10 seconds
Your Nerubian Beast bites into the target, turning them into an undead nerubian. While this is active, the target cannot attack you or your pet, but can attack anything else (Players can attack players of both factions). Everything that is attacked by the corrupted victim will be corrupted as well, and can cause quite the large horde of undead if not used carefully.

Now I for one would absolutely love for both to be tamable, as they're simply adorable little creatures.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Actually, apparently (according to someone in an old threa where this was suggested, it might or might not be true) it's impossible because he saw that a mob with the flyer model talked.

I hope it's not true, but I doubt someone'd lie like that. Ngh.. they'd make such great tamable creatures.

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Doing a quick search, it is indeed true...

Ith'rix the Harvester yells: I will take great pleasure in tearing the forces of the Horde apart... limb from limb and piece by piece...

Of course, he could just be a special individual, or becoming undead gives him some sort of sapience.

EDIT: Doing ANOTHER quick search, it turns out that Spiderlings are just baby nerubians. Even though I'm using WoWwiki as my source for this (And WoWwiki apparently isn't canon), I'll just leave it at that.
Last edited by Crotalus Horridus on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mmhmm, sadly I don't feel much hope that these guys will ever actually become tameable, but I've always loved the models, so it's fun to wish. :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:Doing a quick search, it is indeed true...

Ith'rix the Harvester yells: I will take great pleasure in tearing the forces of the Horde apart... limb from limb and piece by piece...

Of course, he could just be a special individual, or becoming undead gives him some sort of sapience.

EDIT: Doing ANOTHER quick search, it turns out that Spiderlings are just baby nerubians. Even though I'm using WoWwiki as my source for this (And WoWwiki apparently isn't canon), I'll just leave it at that.
Try WoWpedia, it's apparently a bit better, but I still think it won't change much.

But yeah, special cases perhaps.

I mean, Silithid Colossi were pretty damn smart as well, or supposedly -- lorewise.

None of them talked common so I dunno.

Hold on to it being a special case I guess and hope that someday Blizzard may come around to making them tamable?

Spiderbat.. spiderbat.. does whatever a spiderbat can.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think if one can talk others can. Least that's what I think. Yeah Spiderlings are baby Nerubians last time I checked. ( I know in WC3 when they die they spawn baby ones called Spiderlings)
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Qraljar wrote:
Crotalus Horridus wrote:Doing a quick search, it is indeed true...

Try WoWpedia, it's apparently a bit better, but I still think it won't change much.

But yeah, special cases perhaps.

I mean, Silithid Colossi were pretty damn smart as well, or supposedly -- lorewise.

None of them talked common so I dunno.

Hold on to it being a special case I guess and hope that someday Blizzard may come around to making them tamable?

Spiderbat.. spiderbat.. does whatever a spiderbat can.
It, again, said that they were young nerubians. Of course, that was taken from the WoW RPG, but under it, it has some speculation about whether they're babies and go through a metamorphosis or they're just some sort of subservient sub-race like a neanderthal is to a homo sapien.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Yeah, but they also seem like normal workers, because they seem to be working in some instance.

Anyway, the flyer run animation is extremely lulzy AND cute. xD

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Nerubians are Aquir but were seperated by war, and later on by the sundering to end up on completely different continents. Silithids are Aquir that have supposedly devolved or werre created by the Old Gods as Aquir but were not given the sentience their overseers posess so they could perform the job of manual labor without question. The Nerubian Flyers and the orange 4-legged spidery guys could easily be non-sentient silithids created for labor purposes.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Xakaal wrote:Nerubians are Aquir but were seperated by war, and later on by the sundering to end up on completely different continents. Silithids are Aquir that have supposedly devolved or werre created by the Old Gods as Aquir but were not given the sentience their overseers posess so they could perform the job of manual labor without question. The Nerubian Flyers and the orange 4-legged spidery guys could easily be non-sentient silithids created for labor purposes.
Or only used for labor purposes by the Lich king. We only see them working for the Lich king after all we don't know what they did when they where alive.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

cowmuflage wrote:
Or only used for labor purposes by the Lich king. We only see them working for the Lich king after all we don't know what they did when they where alive.
The ground ones could of easily been manual labor since they seem very adapt at digging, the flyers spit acid so they could of reinforced the cavern walls and expanded said walls to accomidate the large space required for their empire

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Xakaal wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:
The ground ones could of easily been manual labor since they seem very adapt at digging, the flyers spit acid so they could of reinforced the cavern walls and expanded said walls to accomidate the large space required for their empire
Lore says they used those big worms in northrend to dig out their tunnels tho :/
Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Seeing as a new old god is being put in MoP, why not have him create some of these guys as a non-sapient (But still intelligent) silithid-like creatures and put them in with the mantids? Would make perfectly good sense.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Crotalus Horridus wrote:Seeing as a new old god is being put in in MoP, why not have him create some of these guys as a non-sapient (But still intelligent) silithid-like creatures and put them in with the mantids? Would make perfectly good sense.
They'd have to look kinda mantis like then haha seeing as that's how the theme kinda goes. Silithid's are bug like and work for bug dudes, Spiderlings are spider like , like the Nerubians etc.