Got real lucky yesterday

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Whiskeyjack

Got real lucky yesterday

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

4 rare pets in a space of 6 hours!

I'd been sitting in Grizzly Hills since Saturday, occasionally logging in to check if Arcturis was up. On Monday I was feeling a bit lethargic so I just let WoW sit on my main screen while I made dinner and did some other random stuff on my second screen. Suddenly Silver Dragon goes off and I have a heart attack! But no, it's just a jerk worgen from a cross server taunting me with his pet. He proceeded to bring out his Skoll and his Gondria... bah, I said. I just ignored him and continued looking at my second screen. It was about 8pm, I was supposed to have gone and showered like 30 minutes ago, but at 8.05pm Silver Dragon screams at me again, and Arcturis spawns before my very eyes! I swoop down, lay a freezing trap, and he's mine.
I named him Valerian after Valerian Mengsk, Arcturus' son in SC2.

After dinner and an episode of BBT I went and plonked myself down in Hyjal, after looking up Magria/Ankha spawn points. Some hours passed, I had been doing some 3d work when I decided to take a break just before 2am. As usual I had WoW running in the background behind Maya and Photoshop, and I'd been chatting to a friend too, when suddenly I see a yellow dot appear on my minimap! I fly closer to take a look, and Silver Dragon screams at me that it's Ankha! I panic a little, had been typing something to my friend that ended up being "here taming wsadwa" because the escape key doesn't work when Photoshop is open... so I just sent the chat to my friend, hit Deterrence and Tame Pet, and Ankha was mine!

On a whim I decide to check if Ban'thalos is up, and sure enough he is! I wasn't prepared to land on the tree, but I did know about the Disengage trick, so I used that, and it worked like a charm. I think I had forgotten to lay a freezing trap as well, but after hitting Deterrence and being level 86 and in MoP gear, he didn't end up doing much damage to me.

I flew over to the area where Terrorpene spawns as well, and was surprised to find that he was up as well! I was full up on active pets at that point, so sadly I called and dismissed my albino worm Karin, and quickly started the tame. I wasn't quite expecting his laser beam of death, but again, being 86 and in MoP gear, it didn't do much damage.

So, there's my stories! I spent the better part of today sitting at The Regrowth to see if Magria would spawn (I missed him 15 minutes before the servers came down... go figure.) and levelling and trying to hunt Savage. Thanks for reading. :)
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Got real lucky yesterday

Unread post by Sar »

Grz! :)

Sounds a bit like my early days getting rares when I got to 85. I think my record was about 9 in a single day (Madexx (2 flavours), Sambas etc).
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Gratz :) I hate you alittle bit too ;)... I have been camping Acturis for days now with my dwarven hunter with no luck

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Whiskeyjack

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

Thanks! And good luck on hunting Arcturis!! At least he's one of the easier spirit beasts to tame, being that he only spawns in one spot and patrols a tiny area... just stick to it like glue and you'll get him eventually. :D